Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2008, 07:56   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diki24 View Post
D3adlythegame, Very good to know that, looking forward to TD it.
whats the OTR cost for A4 2.0 TDI variant in Delhi/Gurgaon ??

Also GTO had mentioned about the front heavy driving of A4? could you feel the difference from C Class, which is Rear drive??

The OTR for A4 2.0 is around 31.4, it was 31 soemthing, i went to the showroom in gurgaon , test drove the white audi.
Although in the coming days the dealer would give me a call and ill be able to test drive the diesel variant.

I havent TDrove the C Class yet, and as i mentioned, i test drove the A4 3.2, which was just simply awesome. Going to test drive the C Class hopefully today, will let you know if i feel the difference.

Also, one good thing aspect of A4 is that the next facelift of the car will be 7 years from now .

I wish i could buy the 3 Series :(, Dad wont let me. Anyways, will keep everyone updated.
Old 18th November 2008, 10:25   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3adlythegame View Post
Also, one good thing aspect of A4 is that the next facelift of the car will be 7 years from now .
There will be several "Facelifts" within 7 years, the next model change/revamp will be after seven years.
Every car maker has to facelift their models to revive them from time to time.
Old 18th November 2008, 15:13   #48
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Every car maker has to facelift their models to revive them from time to time.
True. In fact, they intentionally hold back some features at the time of original launch, so that they have something *new* to offer with the facelift.
Old 21st November 2008, 18:03   #49
BHPian

Guys, I test Drove BMW 325i as the dealer said they dont have 320i, which i was looking at. Next i am going to try 320D next week perhaps.
Any views on 320i ? He said that the renewed 320i is 20BHP more than last year's version and has Xenons, Sunroof as standard. Though there is no Multimedia Interface.
In the offer though, the best he has given me is a loan at 5.6% interest for tenure of 3 years. the interest rate gies up to 9.7% if tenure is 5 years. I think the discount should be more considering the facelift due. Also someone on other thread said he got 2.7 lacs discount on 320D.

I took the TD of Audi A4 TDI. Marveloous is the word. I think after having tested all 3, ie A4, C and 3, i guess A4 easily wins hands down. Best things going in its favour are Interiors, very plush. Much better aesthetics and surely better presence than other two. Seats are far compfortable than other 2. though c has better ride, the space in the rear is very cramped and 3 though has better space, is little harsh.
In terms of driving i felt it gave the best feel at steering, not too hard like 3 and not too soft like C. Power and the grunt are awesome as well. I have never been keen on white as a colour for a car, but this one in white looked awesome. OTR in Bangalore is 38L, :-(. So that looks a bit out of budget for now.
Old 22nd November 2008, 12:23   #50
BHPian

diki, are you sure that the 2.0 TDI costs 38L ? And what is the OTR for the other 2 cars?

And i agree with A4 the best of the lot, i drove the class, found it too simple infront of the A4.
Old 22nd November 2008, 14:47   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3adlythegame View Post
diki, are you sure that the 2.0 TDI costs 38L ? And what is the OTR for the other 2 cars?

And i agree with A4 the best of the lot, i drove the class, found it too simple infront of the A4.
Unfortunately, Karnataka squeezes its residents far more than other states. Ex-showroom for A4 is 31.4 (with the WS1 package worth 1.2L) and ultimately you end up paying 37.9L to finally get it on roads. without the WS1 package the cost comes to 36.5L. :-(.
Old 23rd November 2008, 11:38   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diki24 View Post
Unfortunately, Karnataka squeezes its residents far more than other states. Ex-showroom for A4 is 31.4 (with the WS1 package worth 1.2L) and ultimately you end up paying 37.9L to finally get it on roads. without the WS1 package the cost comes to 36.5L. :-(.
And yes the other 2 (diesel variants) anyways end up costing around 37L OTR in Bangalore. C Class Petrol works out at 35L OTR.
Old 24th November 2008, 22:49   #53
BHPian

Been Offered a USed 320D (Aug 2007 registered, 2500 KMs done) for 27.5L. The current user apparently only used this vehicle for sunday Golf sessions, :-), hence such low mileage done.
I was keen on highline features but offcourse this one wouldnt have those.
How does this deal sound?

Also there is 320i done 10000Kms offered for 22.5L.

Alternativly there is a Used "C class 2008 model, c200K manual" offered at 27L? Any good ??

And lastly there is Old Model Audi A4 (Jan 2008 Registered, done 700Kms only) offered at 27L.

Guys please help me what you feel?? Also is it worth to go for used cars at all?? Road Tax on all these cars in Bangalore would go upto 5-6L for new vehicles.
Old 24th November 2008, 23:53   #54
BHPian

If the 320d has Xenon's, go for it.

BMW revamped the 320d in late 2007/ early 2008 with Xenon's, Sunroof, 177 bhp engineetc.

Please check if its this model, as the earlier one's had the 156 bhp engine and regular halogens.
Old 25th November 2008, 01:46   #55
BHPian

Well diki what's your budget now?
If its still near 20lakhs then go for the 320i.What year 320i is this because since this year or last i am not sure BMW made sunroof,xenons,etc standard across all models.
If your 320i has all of this then go for it.
Old 25th November 2008, 11:27   #56
BHPian

Thanks Morphin, Ecclipse,
Well these models dont have those sunroofs and Xenons. They are the older lot. Are they still worth going for? My Budget is 30L, but most of the new cars, ie C/A4/3 all end up costing 37L OTR in Bangalore which makes it little tight.

Do you still think New Cars would be worth it?
Really confused.
Old 25th November 2008, 20:21   #57
BHPian

Hi

Well brother I can understand your dilemma.
First of all do you absolutely need sunroof?From what i gather it's more for show and less for practical use at least in our dirty conditions and I have never felt a need for a sunroof ever.You might use it in the honeymoon days of your car and then it will probably remain shut. Sahil and other sunroof car owners might be able to shed appropriate light on this subject.
Ask the dealer if xenon's can be fitted at extra cost. If that can be done then you are set.
So if you can get Xenon then go for the 320d or 320i even.Remember we can't always have everything when we are on a budget
Cheers
Old 25th November 2008, 22:44   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

@Morphin: I have a fetish for sunroofs, or atleast i did. When i got my accord in 2003 i actually had the showroom retrofit a sunroof for me. But soon the fascination was over.
It definatly isnt a nessecity, but since i drive often at nights i open the sunroof regularly. Nightime is the only time you can actually use it, in the day it's too dusty and sunny.
Although the charm of a sunroof is felt when you are at a hillstation or on a day with overcast.
Old 26th November 2008, 11:33   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphin1 View Post
Well brother I can understand your dilemma.
First of all do you absolutely need sunroof?From what i gather it's more for show and less for practical use at least in our dirty conditions and I have never felt a need for a sunroof ever.You might use it in the honeymoon days of your car and then it will probably remain shut.
Thanks Morphin, yes thats a valid point . I bought a house just because of its Huge Terrace. And in past 20 months, time that i have spent there may not be more than 4-5 hours total :-(. Yeah i understand these things about "Wants and Needs". Actually i feel I can do without Sunroof. Not sure how much it costs to retrofit it.
@Sahil, how much did it cost you to get a Sunroof on your accord? Atleast that will give some idea of cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphin1 View Post
So if you can get Xenon then go for the 320d or 320i even.Remember we can't always have everything when we are on a budget
Cheers
I read through some horror stories about people fitting Xenons in 320D and facing a lot of problems with their Car electricals and electronics.
does anyone here have a practical experience of this and how much does it cost?? Come to think of it, Xenons definitely rate much higher on my priority list.
Old 26th November 2008, 16:03   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

diki: it costed me 25k after a 50% discount. But I wouldn't recommend cutting your roof in a Bmw.
As for the xenons don't worry about the horror stories that you heard. Look around retrofit xenon sellers on Bmw forums and import one. I have heard of several users that are happy with them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks