Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2009, 15:01   #91
BHPian

Ok I am not that expert in all this calculations. But above reply says, that a guy, who can spend an amount of some 60-70lacs on a new home, which includes land as well as contruction, cannot spend 44lacs on a car? How come its possible?
Old 27th August 2009, 15:10   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj1008 View Post
Totally OT but 2lacs per months translates to someone making $50,000pa in US. On that salary one would drive a better Jap(accord, camry etc) and no where near a 5 series.
You are considering absolute $ rate. in purchasing power parity (PPP) terms, 2 lakh/month would translate into around $150,000/annum (at implied ppp rate of 16 rupees/$ according to IMF). By the way, saw a previous post, where income is 2.5 lakh per month which translates into close to US$190,000/annum in PPP terms.

Last edited by vasudeva : 27th August 2009 at 15:14.
Old 27th August 2009, 20:21   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThE Godfather View Post
Ok I am not that expert in all this calculations. But above reply says, that a guy, who can spend an amount of some 60-70lacs on a new home, which includes land as well as contruction, cannot spend 44lacs on a car? How come its possible?
Though it would definitely be a stretch for a guy living in a 70 L ((God where are those houses available where u can park a 530 D for 60 70 L))house but what should i say some years back i saw one guy living in a 20 25 L house buying a Brand new E class ,after this boom in property that house is still not more than 45 50 L

And he keeps on buying a New E Class every 3 years probably he is going to change his E 270 once new MERC comes so u never know what to say

@ vausdeva the purchasing power i don't know what relevance it has
AS the BMW u get in USA and Canada u get for nearly 60 % the price of what you pay in India (through things of daily needs and eating out may be cheaper in india also clothes may be )

And most important as ABHINAV said the best is for us to advice on team- bhp is what is the best car one get and not challenge weather one can afford it or not Affording a car is not more than paying EMIs , fuel and maintenance ,after buying a car weather the person can pay for other things or not with ease or difficulty has to be looked by that person only
as we may never know what assets and liabilities one has
Old 27th August 2009, 21:14   #94
BHPian

In Patiala, you can get a Bungalow type house for not more than 1.25 Crores. So I can say a house costing 60-70 lacs will be around 400 square meters, and have enough space to park atleast two cars.

OT: I am listening that song, "Sach puche ta man badal gaya, tenu pyar bathera karda si by Dev Dhillon" (Your Siggy)
Old 27th August 2009, 21:33   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
You are considering absolute $ rate. in purchasing power parity (PPP) terms, 2 lakh/month would translate into around $150,000/annum (at implied ppp rate of 16 rupees/$ according to IMF). By the way, saw a previous post, where income is 2.5 lakh per month which translates into close to US$190,000/annum in PPP terms.
Well maybe but even the cars are almost double of what it costs in US, Canada. And the interest rates on home mortgages are double than here too. Each to his own but i am trying to understand the trend thats come up in India of late beacuse of the new credit environment. Considering he lives at home in ancestroal property he has more money to spend. If he has a mortage he is paying atleast 75000rs a month(for a 2 cr home to justify a 50lac car). Expenses 50000rs a month. That leaves 75000 out of which he should be putting away atleast 25000. Thats 50K for a car. Almost 25% of salary. This is conventional points of views.
Old 27th August 2009, 21:49   #96
BHPian

The choice of car should be based on personal needs & likes and not on the purchasing power. One can never consider a car as an investment.
Old 27th August 2009, 22:55   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KITE RUNNER View Post
I think you can go for one of the following -

1) BMW 325i

2) Audi A4 1.8T

3) Nissan 350Z

Then make wise use of the rest of the income - the one with 'Dollors' will have the last laugh when the bubble breaks.
What if the bubble is in Dollar as well buy gold
Old 30th August 2009, 01:05   #98
Senior - BHPian

kaka ji do lakh ek mihney di salary wala banda DIESEL BMW??

come on dude get a life and get a petrol BMW and enjoy the drive!

oye diesel is for tractors!

i cant get over 2lakhs a month and a diesel bmw!
Old 30th August 2009, 05:47   #99
BHPian

@Parm- What is so bad about a diesel BMW?.

The other luxury marque,Mercedez Benz CDI outsells its petrol version.

Last edited by artofzen : 30th August 2009 at 05:52.
Old 30th August 2009, 08:47   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
The go right ahead and get it ! The New E would be above your budget and wouldn't really suit you at 24. We are the same age and I drive the same car and feel right at place in it, it feels young, drives like a dream and stress free to maintain since I have the BSI package.

The 5 series is probably available at good deals, so bargain hard!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
That's more like it! Head straight to the BMW showroom and plonk that money on a BMW 530D. Without doubt, it is one of the best driver sedans in the country. Plus, its got cabin room for 4 (5 if you insist) and a respectable boot for all that outstation luggage. You'll love the interiors & gizmos.

The beauty of BMW's maintenance packages. Spend less than 3.0 lakhs, and you are covered for 5 years / 1,00,000 kms! The only two things that you have to spend on, in those 60 months, is diesel + tyres.
The packages will include any accident work? I remember reading a case wherein Audi just charged 1000Rs for a work estimate that was put at 1lac. Think was redeff's thread.

artofzen: same case even with Maruti or Hyundai.
Old 30th August 2009, 12:07   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post

I was not gr8 fan of diesels either but these cars IE BMW MERC and AUDI if i say i don't like diesel will be like saying i know nothing about TORQUE and once you Remap them -- Petrol Who ? Petrol

I didnt believe in diesel until i drove these cars ,and u can ask anyone
who had 5 series 525 - 530 D its is Meaner Engine than AUDI 3.2 FSI petrol Which is bench mark Petrol Engine of today

I don't think there is One petrol engine in any car below 50 L price which can come close to 530 D`s Engine Available in India

If diesel is for tractors then Petrol is for nano may Be or
Hero Honda
Old 6th September 2009, 01:32   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
I don't really know what issue you have with diesels that you keep bringing this up in every single BMW thread on this forum. Just GO and TD a damn 530D. Your petrol equivalents will feel like tractors in comparison.
Old 9th September 2009, 12:03   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
I don't really know what issue you have with diesels that you keep bringing this up in every single BMW thread on this forum. Just GO and TD a damn 530D. Your petrol equivalents will feel like tractors in comparison.
+1 flyingspur. The BMW diesel stable are as good as they come globally. TD is a must for non believers
Old 9th September 2009, 14:01   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
I'd like to second that.

I own a 530d and my friend a 530i.

The 530d is much quicker in real-world driving situations than the 530i.
Old 18th September 2009, 18:27   #105
BHPian

BMW diesels are really good, not that I'm a diesel fanboy, but I've experienced these monsters and they're great.

Audi participates in Le Mans with a V10 diesel so there you go!

Last edited by DocG : 18th September 2009 at 18:38.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks