Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2015, 20:46   #3271
BHPian

Imo, only the interiors and the steering wheel look good on that duster. The front looks like a shoddy job and this legendary 5 spoke design doesn't go well with this scheme of things. But then, to each his own.
Old 8th April 2015, 00:39   #3272
BHPian

Re: PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane_Power View Post
Nothing 'modified' on that Swift except those aftermarket head and tail lamps. Infact, de-badging would have added to the looks.

-Bhargav
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowser View Post
The Vento is nice, but nothing special (at all) about the Swift.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
If not much of tastefully modified, but definitely tastefully photographed
Could you suggest what else needs to be done to make the Swift more "tasteful"? The car has

1. MGA spoiler
2. Merc SLS style projector headlamps with 4300k 55w HIDs
3. Pre-smoked LED tail lamps
4. VKool gloss black roof wrap
5. Front splitter

Additionally, it has minor subtle touches such as:
1. LED fog lamps
2. White interior and licence plate lamps
3. Sparco genuine seat belt cushions & scuff plates
4. Decals: jGarage decal on front bumper and Eat Sleep JDM decal on the rear windshield
5. Dummy short ham antenna (temporarily renowed)

Other mods to be done:
1. Pre-cut rear bumper wrap
2. LED brake lamp below the rear bumper
3. Tyre upgrade (Yoko S drives)
4. Tuning box / remap

The aim is to have a subtle OEM+ look rather than a loud " look at me" look. It's a daily driver and run close to 32,000 km in 21 months.
Old 8th April 2015, 00:58   #3273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salilpawar1 View Post
Could you suggest what else needs to be done to make the Swift more "tasteful"? The car has

1. MGA spoiler - Looks Good
2. Merc SLS style projector headlamps with 4300k 55w HIDs - Looks good. I hope they are of a good brand instead of jazzy chinese stuffs. Headlights are very important
3. Pre-smoked LED tail lamps - Not Good. Remove the black tint. When it is LED, it has to be clear, that brings out the style.
4. VKool gloss black roof wrap - Any brand would have done, not neccessarily VKool.
5. Front splitter - Didn't get what is this ? The lower lips under the bumper ?

Additionally, it has minor subtle touches such as:
1. LED fog lamps - Not visible during day.
2. White interior and licence plate lamps - Looks good.
3. Sparco genuine seat belt cushions & scuff plates - A non-genuine one would have done too, as these are subtle.
4. Decals: jGarage decal on front bumper and Eat Sleep JDM decal on the rear windshield - Not much visible.
5. Dummy short ham antenna (temporarily renowed) - You mean those BMW fin antenna ? Would look bad. The standard short one is better.

Other mods to be done:
1. Pre-cut rear bumper wrap - Didn't understand this.
2. LED brake lamp below the rear bumper - Too common with cabbies now.
3. Tyre upgrade (Yoko S drives) - Yes please.
4. Tuning box / remap - Yes please.

The aim is to have a subtle OEM+ look rather than a loud " look at me" look. It's a daily driver and run close to 32,000 km in 21 months.
My comments above, against each of them.
Not trying to demoralise you, but just my honest personal opinion. Tastes could vary !

I would suggest you to please go for a body kit and aftermarket alloys.
Nothing like a bodykit with lowered suspension (not too much like the KL guys) and nice black alloys.
Old 8th April 2015, 07:34   #3274
BHPian

Quote:
My comments above, against each of them.
Not trying to demoralise you, but just my honest personal opinion. Tastes could vary !

Nothing like a bodykit with lowered suspension (not too much like the KL guys) and nice black alloys.
Thanks for the feedback.

1. Stock alloys are Enkeis so it is a tough job to find better ones at a reasonable cost.
2. Body kit and lowering of suspension is very difficult for a daily driver on Mumbai roads. But the hunt is still on.
3. Lights are Taiwanese but the quality is decent. OEM projector assembly costs a bomb (80k-100k) and I am not sure about local retrofits.
4. Tail lamps have tinted lenses. These are not the jugaad film or paint tints. Maybe pics don't do justice.
5. Brand of wraps does make a difference in the finish and quality.
6. HAM antennas and the auxiliary brake lamp thing have not caught the trend in this part of the country yet.
Attached Thumbnails
PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-img20150329wa0020.jpg  

PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-img20150328wa0007.jpg  

PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-img_20150327_194115.jpg  

salilpawar1 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th April 2015, 08:08   #3275
BHPian

PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback..

The Swift is very tastefully done up! Very subtle, yet a head turner. Just get a nice set of 16 inchers and it'll one of the best looking swifts I've seen. A rear diffuser will be icing on the cake!

Last edited by Suraj25 : 8th April 2015 at 08:09.
Old 8th April 2015, 09:19   #3276
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback.

1. Stock alloys are Enkeis so it is a tough job to find better ones at a reasonable cost.

Good subtle looking MODS that do NOT upset the beauty of the design.

If you don't mind can post a few more pictures (Read clear in day light). Thanks.

Keep the alloys stock and change the tyres to the brand you like. Enkei stock alloys are beautiful IMO.

Can you give the cost of the headlamps + tail lamps and the source of purchase?! Look good!

Last edited by a4anurag : 8th April 2015 at 09:22.
Old 8th April 2015, 10:36   #3277
BHPian

Quote:

Not very sure about the aftermarket wheels. The OEM wheels of any car are tested for lakhs of kms and then are approved for final production. Incidents like wheel coming off at high speed, alloys cracking or breaking are usually aftermarket wheels. I would rather think that painting the wheels will make it look better rather than going for some unreliable brand by replacing OEM Enkeis just for the sake of looks.

Mod note: Stock car picture removed.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 10th April 2015 at 07:12.
300 KMPH is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2015, 10:54   #3278
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Salil. White is my favourite color on the Swift and like the Polo it is one of the most 'cosmetic mod-friendly' hatch IMO.

Did you consider de-badging? Just keep the 'S' logo at the rear. And also remove the DDIS badge from the sides. Personally I liked the head and tail lights. Now if you wish to keep the car a 'sleeper' and keep it subtle rather than IN-YOUR-FACE go for some Stage-I/II performance mods rather than anymore cosmetic mods. So, you will have an excellent hatch with excellent looks and the power to match

-Bhargav
Old 9th April 2015, 18:50   #3279
BHPian

PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India

Quote:
If not much of tastefully modified, but definitely tastefully photographed
I Don't see what's not tastefully modified. Agreed they might not be as extensively modified as the cars from KL but both the cars are used daily hence even if you do find a decent body kit fitting it and using it daily is not practical as the roads here are bad same case if you want to install low profile tyres lowering kits etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyk View Post
That Vento looks awesome in the Golf GTI styling!
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krish Karkera View Post
Is that EZLIP on the bumpers of the vento and the swift?
Yes that's the ez lip Salil sourced it for me

Some more pics
PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-imageuploadedbyteambhp1428585515.293416.jpg
PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-imageuploadedbyteambhp1428585387.464218.jpg
PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-imageuploadedbyteambhp1428585551.845848.jpgPICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-imageuploadedbyteambhp1428585592.547850.jpg

Last edited by Ferrariwell : 9th April 2015 at 19:00.
Ferrariwell is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2015, 16:11   #3280

Well, here is my contribution to this thread. I did a bit of photo shoot a few days back. Sharing pictures of her online for the first time! Hope you guys like it. *nervous*
Attached Thumbnails
PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-img_8945.jpg  

PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-img_8928.jpg  

aasheeshchopra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th April 2015, 16:22   #3281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aasheeshchopra View Post
Well, here is my contribution to this thread. I did a bit of photo shoot a few days back. Sharing pictures of her online for the first time! Hope you guys like it. *nervous*
First thing first, Welcome to TBHP.
Nice shots but she look out of place in fields. She would have looked great with a flowing tubewell or barn or cowshed in background.

Raab rakha.
ariesonu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2015, 18:11   #3282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aasheeshchopra View Post
Welcome to TBHP aasheesh. The merc looks killer, I personally love this facelift C Class

But I will have to agree with ariesonu, it sure looks out of place in the fields

Also, just to confirm, are there any modifications done to the vehicle as the thread says? It is somehow looking stock to me.
Old 10th April 2015, 19:22   #3283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navsjab View Post
Also, just to confirm, are there any modifications done to the vehicle as the thread says? It is somehow looking stock to me.
I think AMG replica wheels, wrapped sport grille, roof and trunklid lip spoilers.
Old 10th April 2015, 21:07   #3284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshu_j View Post
I think AMG replica wheels, wrapped sport grille, roof and trunklid lip spoilers.
I thought these were stock in the W204 facelift. May be asheesh will confirm the mods
Old 11th April 2015, 02:26   #3285

Quote:
Originally Posted by navsjab View Post
I thought these were stock in the W204 facelift. May be asheesh will confirm the mods
Hey navsjab, the mods are amg grille, which is partially wrapped in gloss black around the edges, partially wrapped gloss black front bumper, wrapped rear diffuser, gloss black wrapped slip above the rear number plate, lip spoiler and roof spoiler custom painted black, the wheels (non amg), amg decal on the bonnet and rear amg badge which i painted myself, along with a nurburgring logo on the rear windshield.

Small changes which make them significant. Also, I keep it in top shape by giving it a weekly wash and wax.
aasheeshchopra is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks