Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2006, 14:59   #1
BHPian

Seat Covers

Hello Everyone,

I need your suggestion on seat covers. I have the new Honda City VTEC and I'm planning to go for seat covers. I stay in Bangalore. I checked out the G-Sport and they have art leather seat covers and also pure leather. This is what I heard from them. In pure leather category, they have Stallion, Mustang and Nappa.. The difference I could make out them was in the granularity. Otherwise if someone could give me some info, that would be great. I have heard of G-Sport for their art leather seat covers not for pure leather. I'm planning to go for the stallion seat covers which would cost me around 16K. So I just wanted your views, would it be genuine and can I go for it??

Thanks,
Laxminarayan
Old 6th April 2006, 15:09   #2
BHPian

Company fitted seat covers are always the best in terms of fitment.

If you want to change the covers, ensure that the original seat covers are removed and the new ones are stiched to the seat just like the original.

Go for 'Stanley' or 'Ovion' for perfect fitting, you can call up 23333333 and get the factory phone numbers of these companies and get good discounts.

My Advice: Honda seat covers are great dont change your seat covers, atleast say for an year.
Old 6th April 2006, 19:05   #4
BHPian

Dear Laxminarayan,

Welcome to TBHP. You could contact Yashwant at Stanley Leather, Bangalore 080 22226237. They're located in Mission road and very helpful. They have some combinations of leather and art leather which will be cheaper, if budget is a constraint.

They usually suggest a thicker leather. Typically the Nappa gets scratched/torn easily cos its thinner, tho its the best quality.

Cheers
Spyder
Old 6th April 2006, 20:52   #5
BHPian

dude why dont you get the entire upholstery of the car inclusive of the side panels changed to leather. stanley would cost you about 16-18 or even more if you go in for deer leather. the place where i get it done inbombay, i get it under 5000 total all inclusive. art leather and some other leather. in my ikon the first set lasted 3 yrs. i just got them changed a month back....and the shade also had not gone bad.
Old 7th April 2006, 08:36   #6
BHPian

thanks

Hey all you guys, thanks for those suggestions and info. I've decided and I'm getting it done on Saturday from G-Sport. I'm getting the combination of Original leather with art leather. It's like 85% original (mustang) and 15% art leeather (luster) and additionally the side door parts and others.. All inclusive it's 17K. Yup, Nappa feels good, but seems to be very delicate. Stallion looked a bit rough. So I thought Mustang would do. I'm removing the existing fabric and doing it. Will see how it's done and will reply again about the work.
Old 7th April 2006, 21:27   #7
Senior - BHPian

Laxmi : Its great you reached a decision this fast, Team-BHP usually ends up throwing open a large number of doors which sometimes adds to the confusion ;-)

Do get back to us on your experience with G-sport and details (Dealer, Cost, Service, Fit, Finish) and pictures if possible !!! It will serve as a good referance for the future.
Old 7th April 2006, 21:47   #8
Senior - BHPian

Try Stanley's. Its awesome if you have a good budget. But please aware of many lookalike and duplicates.
Old 8th April 2006, 11:51   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxminarayan
Hey all you guys, thanks for those suggestions and info. I've decided and I'm getting it done on Saturday from G-Sport.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo
Try Stanley's. Its awesome if you have a good budget. But please aware of many lookalike and duplicates.
Stanley has their official boutique in Bangalore, no scope for duplicates there.
Old 8th April 2006, 23:15   #10
BHPian

I did up my ZX VTEC with nappa for the seats/Door pads/Gear boot and handbrake. I checked stanley and he quoted 36k for the entire job which sounded a little too expensive. I was a little hesitent going to Ovion but was pleasantly surprised when he quoted 27K for the same job. They have very skilled workers and have done fabulous job on my card. The fit is nothing short of perfect. Kiran and his team were initially with Stanley and have now started their own set up. He does not claim to be better than Stanley but he certainly promises the same quality of leather and workmanship.They also get their raw material from the same supplier
Old 10th April 2006, 11:30   #11
BHPian

Done it

Hello Guys,

Here I am with the update. I got it done for my seats and the doors (replaced it and did not do it on the existing fabric). It cost me around 17K for the whole. I went for the combination of original leather with art leather. I can say 75%-80% original leather and remaining art leather. The combination was called Mustang(original leather medium quality) + Luster (art leather - good quality, I guess it was the second best). The work is quite neat. You can make out the quality of material about the original leather and the art leather. Stanley costs more (around 30K or so) and hence opted for G-Sport. When I spoke to hemanth (J.P Nagar G-Sport), I really liked his frank opinion. This is what he said "Yes, I agree Stanley is No. 1 in this, but it mainly depends on workmanship. But regarding the leather, we procure from the same vendor, and sometimes I pick up leather from him and vice versa". Although there is slight difference in colour combination between the original and art leather (around 5%), I would still say it's really really hard to make out. I will click the pictures and post is ASAP.

thanks,
Laxminarayan
Old 11th April 2006, 22:07   #12

Thanks LaxmiN,

Please do attach photos and I am in the process of deciding on leather cover replacement.
Old 11th April 2006, 22:43   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxminarayan
When I spoke to hemanth (J.P Nagar G-Sport), I really liked his frank opinion.
Could you please PM me Hemanth's phone number, I seem to have misplaced it. Thanks.
Old 12th April 2006, 09:36   #14
BHPian

Phone number

You can contact him on 9845004646..
Old 12th April 2006, 13:14   #15
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the number !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks