Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2023, 20:39   #361
BHPian

Re: About Vinyl Wraps

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Depends on material and colour. What exactly are you planning to do?

Recently did the roof of my Slavia with 3M gloss black vinyl and PPF on top.

Attachment 2345501

Attachment 2345502
Can you please share cost and location
Old 30th June 2023, 21:18   #362
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhul View Post
Can you please share cost and location
I procured the Vinyl from a 3M authorised seller Just Signs for 900/rft. Needed 5rft IIRC and installed it myself. Rft refers to running feet and the roll is 5ft wide. They will cut a minimum of 1 Rft IIRC and that's 5sft. A typical sedan roof will need 5X5 on a very easy scale. There is scope for further reduction if calculated more carefully. But for vinyl this is pretty expensive and not worth it. Instead go with gloss black ppf which must come at a slight premium but worth the difference. The PPF will look more glossy than paint and won't have the orange peel that 3M vinyl comes with.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2023, 20:20   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I procured the Vinyl from a 3M authorised seller Just Signs for 900/rft. Needed 5rft IIRC and installed it myself. Rft refers to running feet and the roll is 5ft wide. They will cut a minimum of 1 Rft IIRC and that's 5sft. A typical sedan roof will need 5X5 on a very easy scale. There is scope for further reduction if calculated more carefully. But for vinyl this is pretty expensive and not worth it. Instead go with gloss black ppf which must come at a slight premium but worth the difference. The PPF will look more glossy than paint and won't have the orange peel that 3M vinyl comes with.
Any shop recommendations in bangalore for ppf
Old 22nd September 2023, 10:24   #364
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
I have got my entire car wrapped by them, quality of work is very good. They are good guys as well, have kept in touch with them. You can see the work done on my car here. (My modified VW Vento TSI - From Brownie to Mark 13)
How much did this cost you? I know its been a while but I figured it would be nice to have a benchmark with whatever inflation since then. And how is it holding up so far? Are you still happy?

Lastly, any trouble with the cops because of the color change?

Got the answer from your thread. 45k.

Last edited by Red Liner : 22nd September 2023 at 10:48.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2023, 02:40   #365
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
How much did this cost you? I know its been a while but I figured it would be nice to have a benchmark with whatever inflation since then. And how is it holding up so far? Are you still happy?

Lastly, any trouble with the cops because of the color change?

Got the answer from your thread. 45k.
It's holding up well, except the roof black wrap which has started to come off from edges. 45K was an offer price at that time, the actual price quoted was 65K, so I guess better to take that as a benchmark. I am extremely happy and will be getting a matt black wrap for my hector soon.

Cops have never stopped me till date.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2023, 07:11   #366
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It's holding up well, except the roof black wrap which has started to come off from edges. 45K was an offer price at that time, the actual price quoted was 65K, so I guess better to take that as a benchmark. I am extremely happy and will be getting a matt black wrap for my hector soon.

Cops have never stopped me till date.
Forgive me for asking, but has anyone computed the cost of the wrap material itself if bought at source? Considering the time involved to wrap your car was just 4 hours, I understand the labour intensity cannot be at the same level as a full body paint job.

A full body paint job will probably cost close to 60k I think. So what are the margins in this business?
Old 25th September 2023, 07:17   #367
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Forgive me for asking, but has anyone computed the cost of the wrap material itself if bought at source? Considering the time involved to wrap your car was just 4 hours, I understand the labour intensity cannot be at the same level as a full body paint job.

A full body paint job will probably cost close to 60k I think. So what are the margins in this business?
It was not 4 hours but 4 days.
Old 25th September 2023, 07:18   #368
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It was not 4 hours but 4 days.
Strange. I think I misread the whole thing. But that is still less labour time than a full paint job.
Old 25th September 2023, 10:30   #369
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Strange. I think I misread the whole thing. But that is still less labour time than a full paint job.
I personally would prefer a wrap job anyday over a repaint, just not that finish is absolutely consistent, it is also extremely easy to maintain.

Not sure what the pricing is these days, but I had checked for a wrap for my CBR954RR, quoted price is 25K. So I am guessing prices have gone up, and my guess would be a Sedan will probably cost around 75K as of today, which is still cheaper and better then PPF.

Last edited by AtheK : 25th September 2023 at 10:32.
Old 25th September 2023, 10:51   #370
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I personally would prefer a wrap job anyday over a repaint, just not that finish is absolutely consistent, it is also extremely easy to maintain.

Not sure what the pricing is these days, but I had checked for a wrap for my CBR954RR, quoted price is 25K. So I am guessing prices have gone up, and my guess would be a Sedan will probably cost around 75K as of today, which is still cheaper and better then PPF.
I was quoted a starting price of 45k but this was just a generic enquiry on Instagram. Haven't looked around yet.
Old 25th September 2023, 11:27   #371
GTE
BHPian

Wraps are okay if one is prepared to redo it ever so often, they are fine at first, but after some time they look really bad when peeling. Personally I dislike the matte finish, maybe I am conditioned to appreciate shiny finishes.
GTE is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2023, 20:59   #372
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

When you remove a wrap does it spoil the paint?
Old 18th October 2023, 09:14   #373
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Any suggestions for a good wrap shop and a good shop for window film in Bangalore? Also, are Bangalore cops still after cars with after market tints.
Old 25th October 2023, 10:56   #374
SRN

Hi All,

Need some guidance on wrapping for my BMW G30. I am a bit perplexed with the following queries and seek some assistance;
1. If the Wrap I finalise is different from the original colour, do I need to get that changed in the RC?
2. How easy or difficult is it to maintain the Wrap?
3. How long does a Wrap last?
4. What would be the approximate cost of wrapping the entire car in Bangalore?

I understand that many of my queries are subjective and probably pretty basic, but I have never wrapped any of my cars before so hoping to learn from your experiences.

Thank you in advance!
Old 16th November 2023, 12:43   #375
SGK
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRN View Post
Hi All,

Need some guidance on wrapping for my BMW G30. I am a bit perplexed

Thank you in advance!
I don't have answer for your questions, but just wanted to check if you were able to get wrapping done and would be good to know the experience and cost for the same. I am planning for my Crysta.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks