Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2009, 08:29   #46
BHPian

From where can i buy Sylvania SilverStar in Trivandrum for my baleno and whats the price?
Old 29th May 2009, 12:04   #47
BHPian

I had the BOSCH kit on my skyline and it lasted me 3 years. you can het Philips or BOSCH for around 10k easily. BTW the only chips are made in Germany rest everything is made and assembled in China but they are really good quality
Old 30th May 2009, 17:09   #48
Senior - BHPian

Well, 2 websites (of China) showcasing BOSCH HID's:
WAAG,HID Xenon Kit,HID bulbs,Stabilizer,China HID ballast manufacturer,Suite,HID headlamp suppliers, HID conversion kits, HID headlights,HID Xenon,boschhid,Lamp,bosch-hid,HID Conversion Kit,Ballast,,auto HID Xenon Conversion Kit,Automotive Lighting S
This website is of a Chinese manufacturer, making both Bosch and Philips HID's.

HID Conversion Kit China ,BOSCH HID,Wooden & Panel Furniture offered by chinese wholesaler

What Chinese manufacturers do is that they sell the same product in a lot of different boxes, of which "Bosch box' is also a part. You get the same stuff manufactured by the same concern in different boxes. No wonder why China has so much brands.

Moreover, I got a price of Rs.8,400 for Philips 6000k HID in Lajpat Nagar, New Delhi from a wholesaler. A day before a dealer quoted me Rs.9,600 for the same.

Last edited by tsk13 : 30th May 2009 at 17:25.
Old 1st June 2009, 03:31   #49
BHPian

Philps has got new range of xenons, philips ultion 6000k, dont know how far they are good. Just saw ad in a magazine. Btw, anyone heard about a brand named p4? Have been seeing its ad in the same mag for a long time. Any idea? Users comments welcomed.
Old 1st June 2009, 04:55   #50
BHPian

Has anyone noticed any real difference in quality between these original Bosch/Phillips kits VS the Chinese kits? I mean I know all of them are manufactured in China, and that many Chinese companies who get the contract for these products sell the same product under their own brand a fraction of the cost, but has anyone tried/extensively tested both?
Old 1st June 2009, 20:09   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Well, 2 websites (of China) showcasing BOSCH HID's:
WAAG,HID Xenon Kit,HID bulbs,Stabilizer,China HID ballast manufacturer,Suite,HID headlamp suppliers, HID conversion kits, HID headlights,HID Xenon,boschhid,Lamp,bosch-hid,HID Conversion Kit,Ballast,,auto HID Xenon Conversion Kit,Automotive Lighting S
This website is of a Chinese manufacturer, making both Bosch and Philips HID's.

HID Conversion Kit China ,BOSCH HID,Wooden & Panel Furniture offered by chinese wholesaler

What Chinese manufacturers do is that they sell the same product in a lot of different boxes, of which "Bosch box' is also a part. You get the same stuff manufactured by the same concern in different boxes. No wonder why China has so much brands.

Moreover, I got a price of Rs.8,400 for Philips 6000k HID in Lajpat Nagar, New Delhi from a wholesaler. A day before a dealer quoted me Rs.9,600 for the same.

yup there is a difference because the margin of the philips genuine hid is a huge one

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocG View Post
Has anyone noticed any real difference in quality between these original Bosch/Phillips kits VS the Chinese kits? I mean I know all of them are manufactured in China, and that many Chinese companies who get the contract for these products sell the same product under their own brand a fraction of the cost, but has anyone tried/extensively tested both?

well i have not used both but fit it in cars a lot
CHINESE:

these days the standards are degrated a lot ,there ballast doesn't even support the voltage for high beams
i really liked the old ballast i am using those for last three years but changed bulbs to different types (h4,h1,h7,d2s etc,i mean i just buy the bulbs)

PHILIPS:

As the bulbs has the feature of whitish tint with yellow the same rules applies to the hid also it has the tint of the white in yellow too

but personally opinion (as far as i know the warranty issues only ballast comes under and for 6 months only)

It's good that the company launches the hid by themselves and at good prices because as far as i remember the dealer were sellling the philips hid (imported ,grey ) at around 18-20k previously

In my opinion i really preffered the hid's chinese ones as due to the price point and the feature of both are same

for example: 4300k will produce around 3200-3500 lumens whether it's chinese or philips ,so lumens which is the visibility in lay man language is no difference in both

It's my personal experience adn by seeing and feeling the same by driving various cars
Old 2nd June 2009, 23:46   #52
BHPian

Update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
Can you please post a pic of it after installation?
Where are they located in Mumbai? Any contact no ? Would be interested too if its 4500K.
Does it carry any warranty?
Thanks.
I have philips orginal bulbs for around 1k and if you want a relay (recomended) around 0.5k, so around 1.5k for 2 bulbs and a relay and 0.5k for white fog lamps and 0.25k for parking lamps.
Old 3rd June 2009, 11:02   #53
Senior - BHPian

P4 HID Kits - Reliability Issue?

I had fitted a HID kit for the headlamps of my Swift. I was advised to go in for the P4 HID kits of 6000K. These were fitted in November 2008 and also LEDs for my parking lamps. However, the LED bulbs fused after a month and so did ballast of the left headlamp. As the HID kit was under warranty, i had the same replaced free of cost and changed the LED to ones of a better quality. After a little more than a month, the LEDs fused again and just yesterday the left headlamp failed. This time the bulb had fused. I had the bulb changed again under warranty.

The HID kit has not even completed 6 months but has failed twice already. The LED parking bulbs always seem to fuse but i never have an issue with regular white bulbs. Again, why does only the left ballast or bulb fuse? Ive asked the distributor the same and he claims that sometimes they have encountered multiple complaints with certain cars only, but otherwise the kits have worked perfectly. He however does not claim the kits to be faulty nor does he claim an issue with the electricals of the car.

Can anyone please help me with this issue? I am also planning to fit HIDs in my fogs but reconsidering due to these reliability issues.

Epic
Old 3rd June 2009, 12:30   #54
Team-BHP Support

The problem is that LEDs are wired up for 12V. When your car is running the voltage is 14.4V. In the long run it will kill your bulbs
The solution is to put a small resister in series(maybe 1 ohm will do). Its basically hit and trial, you want 12V at LED terminals even when your alternator is giving 14.4V
tsk1979 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2009, 17:26   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
The problem is that LEDs are wired up for 12V. When your car is running the voltage is 14.4V. In the long run it will kill your bulbs
The solution is to put a small resister in series(maybe 1 ohm will do). Its basically hit and trial, you want 12V at LED terminals even when your alternator is giving 14.4V
A while back I did a disection of a LED Wedge lamp which had done it's life... There is a small resistor - maybe abt .25 W which is already in series to this led - since most of the energy is wasted in the resistor because of their rating they tend to die faster... Best Best is to go for W5W lamps or SMD LEDs which are rated at 12V.
Old 18th June 2009, 17:39   #56
BHPian

Hi Guys,,

For upgrading my Swift H4 to HID's (Hi/lo) I recently spoke to the PHilips India guys and they recommended me to visit their dealer AK Enterprises near JC rd in Blore. i got the kit for 8500 incl. ballast, wires, bulb,holder etc . Philips 6000 K kit (with slightly bluish tint) 4200 K would be on the whiter side

For the installation you will have to get it done yourself. i suggest you go to Sprocket in Koramangala total cost including kit and installation should be around 9 K.

If you guys want more details you all can call me on 99161 20561. i would be more than happy to share my experiences.
Old 19th June 2009, 00:51   #57
BHPian

Do put a short term & long term review & update here.
Also, some pictures of the lights at night would be great
Old 19th June 2009, 13:00   #58
BHPian

Its been a month now since i installed & havent faced any issues.. since its an original philips product, i dont foresee any issues, theere is a 6 month warranty on the kit as well. The below link wil give u more details about the product...

Philips Lighting Hong Kong - Xenon HID conversion kit

The lights are awesome in all respects of beam spread and intensity !!!!
Sure will take sum pics over the weekend and post them
Old 19th June 2009, 13:49   #59
BHPian

@ To all those who want to upgare to aftermarket HIDs,

After spending 50K for Xenons with Projector setup on my car, I would strongly recommend to stay away from after market Xenon kits. Unless your car comes with factory fitted Xenons, fitting aftermarket ones would compromise your saftey during highway night drives. Even if you get projector headlights(most of them are cheap chinese made) it is always impossible to get the beam focussing correct.

The common myth about Xenons providing better visibilty is wrong IMHO. Go for them only if you are keen on the "show" factor.

Last edited by novice : 19th June 2009 at 13:54.
Old 19th June 2009, 14:35   #60
BANNED

One point not brought out here. As per the law the High Beam should be Halogen (at least if there is no projector). This is what you find in the Altis.

Now for the dipped and full beam with HIDs. There are two ways:
1. An electro mechanical contraption for moving the bulb up and down.
2. A bis-xenon where there are two 'filaments' or rather discharge zones.

In the latter you may have a couple of seconds of low intensity light when you switch from one to another.

One query: Why much HID lovers with Xenons in both Main and Fog Lamp drive around with all four lights blazing (as a vast percentage do)? They are show-offs and NUTS!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks