Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2012, 11:09   #136
BANNED

Re: Best Xenon HID conversion kit

I am planning to replace the Low Beam on my Civic. I will like to have 2700K or at most 4300K. Any suggestions?
Old 5th January 2012, 12:04   #137
Senior - BHPian

Will check out the hids. I already have LF Blitz on my machine. I have 70% vlt sunfilm on my windscreen so more lighting is always better.
Old 5th January 2012, 12:37   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I am planning to replace the Low Beam on my Civic. I will like to have 2700K or at most 4300K. Any suggestions?
I have done a cross country across HID brands and landed up using P 4 4300 kelvin, it is the best HID i have ever used for my civic (civic has very poor stock lighting), the same kelvin is used in merc, skoda and audi's, it is yellowish and gives you the best vision for night driving, it comes with one year warranty as well, till date i have not had any issues with it, infact i do lot of inerstate every year and mostly night drives, infact now even my high beam is the same, so lits up the road like there is sun outside.

My personal recommendation go for it. you will be very happy.

Cheers
The Saint is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2012, 11:36   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
I have done a cross country across HID brands and landed up using P 4 4300 kelvin, it is the best HID i have ever used for my civic (civic has very poor stock lighting), the same kelvin is used in merc, skoda and audi's, it is yellowish and gives you the best vision for night driving, it comes with one year warranty as well, till date i have not had any issues with it, infact i do lot of inerstate every year and mostly night drives, infact now even my high beam is the same, so lits up the road like there is sun outside.

Cheers
Hello The Saint! I want to put HIDs into my car. I am extremely confused between 4300k and 6000k. You mentioned 4300k has a yellowish tint. Could you please post a picture with your lights on from inside the car so that I can get an idea of how "yellowish" it actually is?
Thank You!
Old 28th January 2012, 12:38   #140
BANNED

@carfreak77; 4300K is closer to Halogens. On the other hand 6000K takes on a distinct blue tinge. Also, in fog / rain the higher the temperature the less effective are the lamps.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2012, 16:37   #141
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak77 View Post
Hello The Saint! I want to put HIDs into my car. I am extremely confused between 4300k and 6000k. You mentioned 4300k has a yellowish tint. Could you please post a picture with your lights on from inside the car so that I can get an idea of how "yellowish" it actually is?
Thank You!
4300k offers the best visibility range. Check my thread for videos and pics. I use 4300k Auto Gauge HIDs
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...stom-modz.html
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2012, 19:54   #142
SAS
BHPian

Quote:

My personal recommendation go for it. you will be very happy.

Cheers
Completely agree with the light temperature. 4300 kelvin is probably the best and comes close to halogens. Since you are from Mumbai, can you post details on where you picked the kit from, how much it cost you and what are the alternatives? Did you go for a 35W setup of a 55W setup?

Also are there HID kits below 4300 kelvin, say in the range of 3500 to 4000 kelvin?

I'm currently using philips rallye 100/90 with a relay, however might upgrade to xenons if it makes economic sense. I am already having satisfactory light with my setup, it is extremely economical as well. However was just wondering if there is something better.
Old 31st January 2012, 14:28   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAS View Post
Also are there HID kits below 4300 kelvin, say in the range of 3500 to 4000 kelvin?
3000K is available, but it will be Yellowish.

Very very hard to find between 3500K - 4000K.
I have never seen anybody using them either.

Wish I had 3800K Hid kits, would have been awesome.
(3800K= Normal Headlamp Halogen bulbs colour)
sushrutha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2012, 23:06   #144
SAS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
3000K is available, but it will be Yellowish.

Very very hard to find between 3500K - 4000K.
I have never seen anybody using them either.

Wish I had 3800K Hid kits, would have been awesome.
Ok. Thanks... Now I require the shop details in Mumbai from where I can purchase one.

BTW normal halogen lights is around 3200-3500K, correct? Currently using Philips Rallye and it is slightly more whiter than normal halogens since it burns brighter. However the life of the filament is marginally lower than other bulbs. Plus the fact that it's 100W makes it pretty powerful when combined with relays.

I'm now wondering whether I should really switch to xenons from my current setup or just live with what I currently have, given that it's difficult to find halogens in the range of 3.5K to 4K colour temperature
Old 1st February 2012, 10:54   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ok. Thanks... Now I require the shop details in Mumbai from where I can purchase one.
Check the below post. This might be of some help to you

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post2387987

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAS
BTW normal halogen lights is around 3200-3500K, correct?
As mentioned above in my post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAS
I'm now wondering whether I should really switch to xenons from my current setup or just live with what I currently have, given that it's difficult to find halogens in the range of 3.5K to 4K colour temperature
What exactly is your requirement ?
City driving or Highway driving ?
Old 2nd February 2012, 11:52   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Thank You!
bro as i said, if you want the bling factor you can go for anything above 4300k as lot of people want it that way, if you do lots of night driving and looking for good lighting on the road dont go above 4300 kelvin. I am a real user from last 2 years and i only to interstate in night, and do kms in the range of 1200-1400 kms, so you an imagine, lights are so important for me

Go for P 4 they give 1 year warranty, if you need help pm me i will give you the mumbai main distributors number, regarding the pic you can always go for a install in the night and ask them to fit and show it to you. Danmeet the distributor is a very sweet guy and he will help you until you are satisfied.

Happy lighting.

Cheers
Old 2nd February 2012, 16:06   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
bro as i said, if you want the bling factor you can go for anything above 4300k as lot of people want it that way, if you do lots of night driving and looking for good lighting on the road dont go above 4300 kelvin. I am a real user from last 2 years and i only to interstate in night, and do kms in the range of 1200-1400 kms, so you an imagine, lights are so important for me
I agree with you completely.
Anything above 4300K will not be good during rain n fog and sometimes to the on coming vehicle too

Quote:
You mentioned 4300k has a yellowish tint. Could you please post a picture with your lights on from inside the car so that I can get an idea of how "yellowish" it actually is?
Check the 2nd & 4th pic in this link
My car with 4300K D2S bulbs
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post2652696
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint
regarding the pic you can always go for a install in the night and ask them to fit and show it to you.
Cheers
Old 14th February 2012, 23:57   #148
SAS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
What exactly is your requirement ?
City driving or Highway driving ?
Well, primarily for city driving (used in self defense / revenge on high beamers / as a deterrent for idiots on the road). Around 20% of my total driving kms is on highways.

The problem with xenons is the price and the beam scatter. I might get around 30% more light from my current rallye 100/90 setup, however shall lose around that much in beam scatter. Hence the confusion. The only benefit would be on the car batteries since the load from the headlight relays would be avoided if I go on xenons.

Seems like for now, I might as well as stick to the rallye halogens
Old 15th February 2012, 12:54   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, primarily for city driving (used in self defense / revenge on high beamers / as a deterrent for idiots on the road). Around 20% of my total driving kms is on highways.
If your driving is mostly in city (you have mentioned as 80%), I would say stick on to halogens, coz the HID's will be out performed by the street lights (Orangish in colour).
Halogens will perform better in these conditions than HID, coz HID's produce more of whitish light (above 4300K), whereas Halogens in the range of 3500-3800K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAS
The problem with xenons is the price and the beam scatter. I might get around 30% more light from my current rallye 100/90 setup, however shall lose around that much in beam scatter. Hence the confusion. The only benefit would be on the car batteries since the load from the headlight relays would be avoided if I go on xenons.

Seems like for now, I might as well as stick to the rallye halogens
On a Stock reflector... a Big NO for the HID's.
Glare to the on coming traffic & the reflectors are designed for Halogens .. not for HID's (except some new cars).
Also On a single lamp(Hi/Low one bulb) You'll loose the pass-beam facility if you put on Hid's, they take almost take 6-10 secs to warm up. Whereas in a Halogen it's instant.
Stick to Halogens with some good bulbs, else get a decent Halogen auxiliary lights if you need more light output and would wanna take revenge on High Beam users in city.
sushrutha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2012, 22:38   #150
SAS
BHPian

@sushruthathanks, those were exactly my thoughts as well. Shall stick to my philips rallye 100/90 halogens. They are extremely bright, and given the pros and cons, shall continue with the setup and probably the best bang for the buck.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks