Re: Buying & Using a Pressure Washer

IK Foamwash Pro 2 is now available at Amazon for INR 2,979. Go grab it

https://amzn.eu/d/5zhYzKO
Old 26th March 2024, 11:04   #1338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sufficient_shop View Post
So any suggestions for a cordless pressure washer? Almost everything on Amazon is a generic Chinese make with different names.
After all research and reviews, the best is Dewalt cordless pressure washer. However, in India difficult to source and expensive as well. The other one is Ingco, popular for its complete range of tools. I am yet to receive my order and test it. I live in an apartment and my car parking is in basement. so cordless is a must and I feel the pressure would be good for contact wash and rinse off. The best part is Ingco can provide you with higher amp Battery upto 5 AH, which should last upto 45 min easily. The same battery can be used on other Ingco cordless tools as well.

https://www.planetcarcare.com/produc...8e9416ce&_ss=r
Mission_PGPX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2024, 12:56   #1339
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone have any experience with this - https://shinexpro.in/products/hydrob...ressure-washer ?

Shine X pro products are pretty decent and I'm hoping this should also be decent buy (once back in stock).
Old 1st April 2024, 00:25   #1340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by livelyyoungman View Post
There are two ways by which you can make it QC/D compatible.
1. Get a QC/D connector
2. Change the gun and outlet hose

Get a QC/D connector

You can get this connector as it is compatible with ResQTech.
I bought this adapter for my resqtech pw107 and I'm sad to say that it is loose and un-usable. It just sprays water right out the sides so I had to return it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Does anyone have any experience with this - https://shinexpro.in/products/hydrob...ressure-washer ?

Shine X pro products are pretty decent and I'm hoping this should also be decent buy (once back in stock).

Even corded 1500W electric pressure washers are pretty low on pressure compared to the commercial electric or gas ones. I doubt this battery operated one will produce enough pressure to be useful and is more of a toy.
Old 1st April 2024, 21:10   #1341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
I bought this adapter for my resqtech pw107 and I'm sad to say that it is loose and un-usable. It just sprays water right out the sides so I had to return it.
Oh sad to note. I went ahead with a gun purchase which I felt would better. Good that I took that decision.

Also, I got a 5-in-1 nozzle and professional foam cannon.

Last edited by livelyyoungman : 1st April 2024 at 21:13.
Old 1st April 2024, 22:28   #1342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oh sad to note. I went ahead with a gun purchase which I felt would better. Good that I took that decision.

Also, I got a 5-in-1 nozzle and professional foam cannon.
Could you link the gun that you bought? Is the 5 in 1 nozzle better than the variable spray nozzle with the 2 little metal rectangles squeezing in?
Old 2nd April 2024, 08:37   #1343
BHPian

Quote:
Could you link the gun that you bought?
The details are in that same post and the post's link is here (Buying & Using a Pressure Washer). Read details under heading Change the gun and outlet hose.

Quote:
Is the 5 in 1 nozzle better than the variable spray nozzle with the 2 little metal rectangles squeezing in?
The 5-in1 nozzle is definitely better is what I feel. Angle of spray as follows 0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, 65°.

Alternatively, you can get 5 different nozzles which does the same. The link is in here.

For any of the above approach, you need to replace the OE gun and hose.

Hope this helps.
Old 2nd April 2024, 13:35   #1344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sufficient_shop View Post
Navin, It's been 2.5 years. Did you manage to find anything?
Sorry for the delayed response. All my search for cordless pressure washers (battery operated) resulted in dubious Chinese knockoffs. I did consider the 12V Black and Decker battery powered pressure washer. But the asking price was around INR 12.5K with the advertised max pressure at 350 psi. The only issue was after sales service and spares/battery availability. There were other reputed brands like Makita but they were prohibitively expensive and again the after sales service and spares/battery availability is doubtful. With no other options in sight, I decided to repair my ResQtech 12V battery operated pressure washer and use it. The pressure is not much but it does the job of removing first layer fine/loose dust from the car/motorcycle body. Unfortunately in India the options for such cordless pressure washers are very limited and the ones available are either dubious Chinese knockoffs or prohibitively expensive brands.
navin_v8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2024, 17:11   #1345

Hello Everyone!

I am considering to purchase Agaro Premium (link: https://www.amazon.in/AGARO-Supreme-...s%2C236&sr=8-4) Plus pressure washer from Amazon. Can anyone owning the same comment on the performance of the pressure washer.
Old 15th April 2024, 10:13   #1346
BHPian

All Indian brands are decent. ResQtech, Agaro, JPT et. Al. You can get any brand which offers good support and warranty. I am using ResQtech. Have upgraded to a short gun that uses a QC/D adapter. Got 5-in-1 nozzle and professional foam canon as well.
livelyyoungman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2024, 10:31   #1347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Slowly View Post
Hello Everyone!

I am considering to purchase Agaro Premium Plus pressure washer from Amazon. Can anyone owning the same comment on the performance of the pressure washer.
I recently purchased its 1800w variant for home terrace cleaning purposes. The pressure is very good. Have used multiple times now and pretty satisfied with its performance. Although its rebranded Chinese but overall quality is very good. I have their vacuum cleaner as well and quite satisfied with Agaro now.
Dodge_Viper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2024, 11:45   #1348

Quote:
All Indian brands are decent. ResQtech, Agaro, JPT et. Al. You can get any brand which offers good support and warranty. I am using ResQtech. Have upgraded to a short gun that uses a QC/D adapter. Got 5-in-1 nozzle and professional foam canon as well.
May you please mention the foam cannon you went ahead with.
Thanks!
Old 16th April 2024, 13:41   #1349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Slowly View Post
May you please mention the foam cannon you went ahead with.
Thanks!
If you are going the JPT way, then you can get a JPT professional foam canon for usage. The one I purchased from here
Old 22nd April 2024, 01:31   #1350
BHPian

Review of a commercial grade 5.5HP pressure washer: AMY HW4 P2300

I’m getting flooded with direct messages from folks asking about my pressure washer setup, so I thought it’ll be easier to post a short review of my main machines here. If you still have questions, kindly address them here and I’ll be happy to answer. This is currently my main washer although I still use the smaller one as well occasionally.

Technical Specifications:

Motor: 5.5HP/4000W
RPM: 1450
Hose: 15m R2 dual braided with swivel (upgraded)
Flow Rate: 15.8L/min - 4.18 GPM without nozzle
15.1L/min - 4 GPM with green 25 degree nozzle
Power cord: 3m
Pressure: 160 bar/2300 psi
Stock Nozzle size: 045
Warranty: 1 year on motor + pump
Oil change interval: First 50 hours of operation, thereafter every 100 hours
Oil type: 15W-40 full synthetic
Oil quantity: 750ml
Motor grease: ZL-3 Lithium grease

Gas vs Electric:

The eternal question when discussing heavy pressure washers, given indoor operation and the lower noise levels + less maintenance and no fuel needed for electric made it an almost no brainer that electric was the way to go. For remote applications however, gas washers remain unchallenged.

Why not a Karcher/Kranzle/AR commercial unit?

Two reasons: cost and availability of spares, I’ll explain.

Cost- for something like a Kranzle 1200 TS commercial I’m looking at at least 2.8-3L which I didn’t want to spend unless necessary. I’m getting the same (better in fact) performance with a high quality Chinese machine at 1/3rd the cost.

Spares and Service: commercial units are very modular and as such can run for years and years provided you service it on time and simply replace any part that fails, be it a motor/pump/switch/ etc.

I won’t speak for other countries but having experienced the brilliant Karcher service in India (sarcasm), I was in no mood to sign up for more pain anytime my machine needs service or spares. Neither do I want to wait weeks for parts. The machines themselves are top tier but the other aspects make it difficult to justify.

As for Kranzle, again great machines but zero support in India. No dealers in North India, one dealer in Mumbai and one further down south with both having dysfunctional websites and expired domains

As for Chinese machines, I’m not claiming every unit will be a good buy, but I trust my supplier from whom I’ve bought other machines and air compressors before and my smaller 3HP pressure washer over 2 years ago which still runs flawlessly in a commercial environment. All I’ve done with the smaller washer is an oil change every 75 hours of operation.

I also have a commercial Comet KL1600 and Karcher K4 compact (at home) but given the Comet’s low flow rate it’s only for emergency use.

Why upgrade if I already had other washers?

Two words: Flow rate! With pressure washers how quickly and effectively you clean all comes down to pressure and flow rate. In simple terms, pressure is how hard water hits a surface and flow rate is how much volume of water hits per minute.

For cars, we have a hard limit at roughly 2400 psi/165 bar where anything above has the potential for paint damage (below this can also damage if you bring the nozzle too close but that’s user error).

What sets a smaller unit that is pushing 150 bar from a larger, more powerful unit putting out the same pressure is the flow rate, measured in litres per minute (LPM) or gallons per minute (GPM).

The higher the flow rate, the faster and better the job performance. Bonus: you get thicker foam in your foam cannon with high flow rates, generally anything over 8L/min will give thick foam with shaving cream thick foam above 10L/min (Assuming good shampoo + a high quality foam cannon and soft water is used.)

To illustrate- on a regularly washed car, it takes 5-6 mins to complete a pre rinse with this unit compared to 10-12 mins with my smaller machine. With even smaller domestic machines it used to take me 15-20 mins washing at home.

Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-img_0804.jpeg

Pneumatic tyres filled with 30psi ensure smooth movement

Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-img_0821.jpeg

Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-img_0803.jpeg

Pump close up

Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-img_0744.jpeg

Under the hood

Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-img_1768.jpeg

The machine can be run in continuous mode where the motor remains on or in total stop auto mode where it cuts in and cuts out depending on the trigger use, there is a 15 second delay once you let go of the trigger before it cuts out.

Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-img_0769.jpeg

120 micron input filter and quick connectors for input pipe + hose. Input pipe is a braided 0.75” running to my tanks.

Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-img_2812.jpeg

I upgraded the gun to a higher quality one with a swivel and the hose as well to a 15m R2 steel dual braided one from HoseX, stock was only 10m in length and R1 single braided.

Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-img_2813.jpeg

Oil level indicator, the pump is big. Takes up 750ml of oil compared to 375ml on my smaller machine.

Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-img_1770.jpeg

AMY (left), my smaller 3HP washer (right), observe the massive difference in pump size.

Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-img_2659.jpeg

Conclusion:

It’s a brilliant machine with massive power, makes short work of any job - no matter how dirty a car is. Smooth operation and has been without issue till date, all I’ve done over the months are simple oil changes with synthetic 15W-40 every 75 hours (mfg says 100 hours) but I prefer 75 hours as the oil gets visibly darker in colour. Oil is cheap and pumps are expensive (I follow the same logic with my cars.)

It comes with an O ring kit in case pump seals need changing in the future but I’ve not had need for them yet. My other machine which is 2 years old is still on the original seals so I believe it’s not something that’s needed often. I use a vibration activated hour meter to track operating hours, very handy little device.

Once you use a washer with a high flow rate, trust when I say you’ll never go back to smaller machines, it’s like driving a very powerful car

Last edited by AJ56 : 22nd April 2024 at 01:38.
AJ56 is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks