Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2022, 18:56   #1231
BHPian

Re: Buying & Using a Pressure Washer

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_ninja View Post
Folks, I'm planning to pickup a pressure washer in the ongoing Amazon sale.......

Any feedback would be very helpful. Thanks.
After much research and deliberation I decided upon buying a washer with an induction motor. All the induction motor washers online that I found were generic Chinese makes and I wasn't sure of their spares or serviceability plus they looked a little expensive. A little more digging around town I found a few local sellers were actually much cheaper and they have all spares on hand if the need arises.

So I went with a "Saw Master Classic" 200 bar washer for Rs. 5500/-. This thing comes with all accessories including pressure gun, adjustable nozzle, SS extension pipe, 1.5meter inlet hose, 10meter outlet heavy duty hydraulic hose, a small foam bottle and all connectors. Motor is 100% copper and comes with a 18 month warranty for the motor.

Used it today to clean the tiles on our terrace and it works well. Pressure is good. May not be 200bar as claimed but should be a decent 150 bar. It just blasted away the dried up putty and other assorted crap that couldn't scraped away after a recent exterior paint job. Here are a couple of review videos I found on Youtube. My experience matches the video.

If you are in the market for a pressure washer with induction motor, do check out the generic ones locally. You may find a really good deal.
green_ninja is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2022, 20:04   #1232
BHPian

Hey People,

So, post much research and contemplating on 12v car washer - I end up buying "Fieldstar Dual High Pressure Washer 12V" from amazon for 3k.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07MHGM19Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Box Contents:

1) Car Adapter, 2) Adapter (ac to dc 12 v 5 a), 3) Inlet hose pipe 6 feet with filter, 4) Double pump motor 12 v, 5) Outlet hose pipe 17-18 feet, 6) Brass gun

First Wash Impression:

Honestly speaking, i wanted to buy a high pressure washer (150-180 Bar) but all these heavy washers require a power socket and since i reside in a high rise society, i could not manage to provision one at my parking space.

After my first wash, i would say, it is okayish to its performance given the fact that it runs on 12v. Of-course i did not have much of expectations in terms of pressure but it is far better than mug wash which i used to do earlier and also saves water. I was able to wash my Creta in 20 minutes (read: only water wash, no shampooing, waxing, etc)

Pros:
  • Pressure is okay and can remove: normal dirt, bird poop, thin mud layer.
  • Length of the outlet pipe is enough to move around a mid size SUV/SEDAN.
  • Both inlet and outlet pipes come with lock system connectors which prevents water leakage.
  • Motor has an auto-off feature.
  • Additional power adapter (ac to dc 12 v 5 a), so this product can come handy for home AC's cleaning .

Cons:
  • Inferior quality (Made in China) - Although the product has Fieldstar branding which is an Indian maker but these are imported from china only.
  • No warranty, only 10 days returnable.
  • No form washing. One has to buy a separate form gun which normally
    costs 700 to 1000 bucks.

Conclusion: can be considered!!
Attached Thumbnails
Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-img1346-1.jpg  

Deepesh Goel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 13:39   #1233
BHPian

Happy Republic Day. Just ordered ResQtech PW-107 Pressure Washer on the company website, found it cheaper than Amazon. Will post my experience with it when I use it.
Old 31st January 2022, 12:44   #1234
Distinguished - BHPian

Got this MJJC Foam Canon Pro 2.0. I already had the older simpler MJJC bought in 2018 from Aliexpress, but wanted to try something better this time. MJJC Global also has some distributors in India, and that's where I got it from to avoid the delay in shipping and customs related hassles. Price in India was around 500 Rupees more than what is quoted on MJJC website. I opted for Bosch attachment, do mention that to the seller.

Distributor Details:

Galaxy Technology Equipments
Mobile: 99900 04137

Pics:

Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-20220131_101642.jpg

Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-20220131_101654.jpg

Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-20220131_101704.jpg

Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-20220131_101711.jpg

Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-20220131_101720.jpg

Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-20220131_101911.jpg

Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-20220131_101915.jpg

Video:

Can't wait to receive my gallon pack of Meguiar's Shampoo before I try this out.

Regards,
Shashi

PS: No commercial or personal affiliation with the brand or seller.
Leoshashi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 31st January 2022, 16:50   #1235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepesh Goel View Post
Hey People,

So, post much research and contemplating on 12v car washer - I end up buying "Fieldstar Dual High Pressure Washer 12V" from amazon for 3k.

Conclusion: can be considered!!
Just ordered one as it ticked most of my boxes.
Is there any foam gun that can be attached to this?
Old 1st February 2022, 14:39   #1236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
I have ordered below one for the form wash.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B08954NWB5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 21st February 2022, 04:11   #1237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Had to return it. The pressure generated was too low. Probably best used for watering plants or washing balcony.
Old 27th February 2022, 16:40   #1238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhirjaipur View Post
Happy Republic Day. Just ordered ResQtech PW-107 Pressure Washer on the company website, found it cheaper than Amazon. Will post my experience with it when I use it.
So I have used this Pressure Washer (Resqtech P-107)a couple of times and found it very good value for money. It generates 150 bar pressure and flow rate of 390 litres per hour; it comes with all the accessories, a 10 m long power chord, 5 m long water hose, angle nozzle, vario nozzle, foam cannon etc. No need to buy any attachment. I have found it very useful for washing the Civic last Sunday and my XUV500 today, I also used it to wash the glass roof over the swimming pool, I plan to wash solar panels one of these days.
sudhirjaipur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2022, 18:47   #1239
Senior - BHPian

Since I got a white Innova Crysta two months back, it has been a pain to clean it. Was heartbroken to see the swirls slowly developing on the paint even max care was taken to wipe it clean.

So decided to get a pressure washer. Wanted something in the 7K-8K range. 80-140Bar is good enough for domestic use and market is flooded with generic Chinese imports. After some research came across a product from Kapicon who claims it to be made in India. 1500W was more than enough for my use. Went ahead and got this model for 6999/-.
Name:  kapicon.jpg
Views: 1748
Size:  29.4 KB
https://www.amazon.in/Kapicon-KP-20-...s%2C214&sr=8-8

After two washes, I would say I am very happy with the product. It is solidly made and looks to be different from Chinese models. Hope it is made in India as they claim. The performance is adequate and it can take water from a bucket quite easily. Two buckets or around 40-50L water is good enough for washing Innova. One is enough for Polo.

The foam lance is as expected very weak and need a separate professional one if you are looking for thick foam. Please keep in mind that the adapter needed is slightly different from other generic models. Normal QC connector is not enough. So get this if you are buying a separate foam gun.

https://www.amazon.in/Suitable-Kapic...s%2C233&sr=8-1

I was surprised at the ease with which I could clean the cars.. Mud splashes and impurities like bug remains get cleaned with a dash of water jet. Scratches and swirls are minimized since most dust and abrasives are blasted away before you wipe. All in all, I would say money well spent.

Last edited by poloman : 25th May 2022 at 18:54.
poloman is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2022, 17:23   #1240
BHPian

Quote:
So I have used this Pressure Washer (Resqtech P-107)a couple of times and found it very good value for money.
I’m planning to buy this after seeing the mentions in this thread. Do let me know if you have any change in feedback regarding this product. Their website has the product priced about 7% lower than Amazon.
Old 10th June 2022, 11:28   #1241
BHPian

Friends, I am in a dilemma to buy a pressure washer or not. Reason being we have a pneumatic supply to our home that gives around 3-5 bar pressure (did not measure it but is 6 bar at the supply pump). But water does comes at a very good pressure. I have seen in videos that the flow of water from a pressure washer is normal and once the nozzle is put the output becomes very different. My tap pressure is lot more than that shown before the nozzle is put in pressure washer gun.

I use one of those brass garden hose triggers that can spread or focus the water but obviously do not get the options that a pressure washer gun gives, including the foam canon. Are there any attachments that some of you have used successfully that can give us pressure washer like spread/force? Also if a foam cannon will work?

For foam I tried the Amazon Foam dispenser but was not satisfied, am going to try again with proper foam shampoo https://www.amazon.in/AmazonBasics-Foam-Blaster-Sprayer-0-23-Gallon/dp/B07TVBYDV2.
Thanks in advance for your inputs.
Old 10th June 2022, 11:46   #1242
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyanand View Post
I have seen in videos that the flow of water from a pressure washer is normal and once the nozzle is put the output becomes very different. My tap pressure is lot more than that shown before the nozzle is put in pressure washer gun.

This is not true. The pressure washer is limited by its flow rate and when there is no resistance ie without a nozzle, the flow rate is high so the pump will not be operating at its full pressure. It is only when you put the nozzle that the flow rate is limited and that leads to the pump increasing its pressure to the 100+bar specification. So while your tap water may be at a decent pressure for you to use it, you cant compare it with the sort of pressure that the pressure washer will deliver.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th June 2022, 11:50   #1243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
This is not true. The pressure washer is limited by its flow rate and when there is no resistance ie without a nozzle, the flow rate is high so the pump will not be operating at its full pressure. It is only when you put the nozzle that the flow rate is limited and that leads to the pump increasing its pressure to the 100+bar specification. So while your tap water may be at a decent pressure for you to use it, you cant compare it with the sort of pressure that the pressure washer will deliver.
I wasn't aware of this. Thanks for letting me know. Then it does make sense for a pressure washer and also seems you can clean the car in actually less water.

Last edited by vidyanand : 10th June 2022 at 11:51.
Old 10th June 2022, 13:11   #1244
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyanand View Post
I wasn't aware of this. Thanks for letting me know. Then it does make sense for a pressure washer and also seems you can clean the car in actually less water.
Yes thats the difference in concept. The actual water output of the pressure washer is less. The Karcher K3 or K4 has a flow rate of around 400L per hour. Normally a few minutes is more than sufficient for washing the car and even if you consider fifteen minutes of continuous use(which would be a far fetched estimate) it would take around 100L of water equivalent to two buckets. I take less than five minutes for initial rinse and then another five minutes for the final rinse for my Innova.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2022, 23:34   #1245
BHPian

Quote:
So I have used this Pressure Washer (Resqtech P-107)a couple of times and found it very good value for money.
Please help us to know how is it holding up after few months? I plan to buy this model in the upcoming Amazon sale. Do let me know if the performance is still good or/and should I be aware of any issues.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks