Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2020, 15:53   #1126
BHPian

Re: Buying & Using a Pressure Washer

Yes, not all have the siphon feature. IIRC Karcher K3.500 and higher work with a bucket. Still, do check before buying.
Old 22nd July 2020, 16:46   #1127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
I have the Bosch Aquatech 125. It works fine with a bucket. In fact, that is my preferred mode indoors.

You just need a 0.5" hose and a non-return valve (brass preferably. Ensures that the hose is in water.)

The only caveat is that eventhough the pump is advertised as self-priming, things are a lot easier if you fill the tube with water before connecting.

This should be the same for any pressure washer.
Thanks for the advice. Sorry to sound dumb, but what does self-priming mean?
Old 22nd July 2020, 19:46   #1128
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkats2001 View Post
Thanks for the advice. Sorry to sound dumb, but what does self-priming mean?
An ordinary pump that is not self-priming will just spin in air until it wears itself out. It will only pump water if the inlet pipe and the pump itself have been filled with water first. This is called priming the pump. Such pumps usually have a valve on the end of the inlet pipe to keep that initial charge of water.

I am no expert, but I suppose that a self-priming pump can suck air, and so it will draw up the water into the inlet pipe.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2020, 00:23   #1129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
An ordinary pump that is not self-priming will just spin in air until it wears itself out. It will only pump water if the inlet pipe and the pump itself have been filled with water first. This is called priming the pump. Such pumps usually have a valve on the end of the inlet pipe to keep that initial charge of water.

I am no expert, but I suppose that a self-priming pump can suck air, and so it will draw up the water into the inlet pipe.
Thank you for that explanation.

So with the Bosch model that we are discussing, I will need to buy the hose and valve separately is it?

Last edited by venkats2001 : 23rd July 2020 at 00:23. Reason: typo
Old 23rd July 2020, 06:13   #1130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for that explanation.

So with the Bosch model that we are discussing, I will need to buy the hose and valve separately is it?
Basically, yes.

Bosch sells a 3 meter hose for buckets for about 600. It is not metal but has a filter.

I got a brass non-return valve, 3m hose and a hose nipple for about 500.

Edit: looks like demand has gone up. Bosch hose is about 1400 https://www.amazon.in/dp/B0119VBQBA/..._11ngFb8X6X9S7

Last edited by sridhu : 23rd July 2020 at 06:17.
sridhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2020, 21:16   #1131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
Basically, yes.

Bosch sells a 3 meter hose for buckets for about 600. It is not metal but has a filter.

I got a brass non-return valve, 3m hose and a hose nipple for about 500.

Edit: looks like demand has gone up. Bosch hose is about 1400 https://www.amazon.in/dp/B0119VBQBA/..._11ngFb8X6X9S7
Thanks Sridhu. This is very helpful. Can you also please help with links for the brass valve and hose nipple?
venkats2001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2020, 05:23   #1132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Sridhu. This is very helpful. Can you also please help with links for the brass valve and hose nipple?
I got those at a local hardware shop. Image below.

Hose about 100
NRV about 375
Nipple 20

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...ml#post4829162 (Buying & Using a Pressure Washer)
sridhu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2020, 09:46   #1133
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by seedyk View Post
I had placed an order for the K2 compact on amazon for Rs 6.5k and going through the forum and witnessing the rate of failures due to the plastic head giving in, I promptly cancelled it.

Now can someone please clarify if the K2 360 used the same plastic inner components like that of the K2 compact?

I'd love to opt for the Karcher (due to its German lineage) over the Bosch 125 Aquatak. Both are in the 10k range. Please suggest. Thank you.
K2 range is OK for occasional use . It has a air cooled motor. Hence it cannot run for more than 5 minutes continuously. If you are a serious user who will use the washer for many other purposes then i would suggest you go for the K3 atleast. K3 and above come with water cooled motors which will allow the motor to run for 15 minutes at a stretch
sagarpadaki is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2020, 11:43   #1134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
K2 range is OK for occasional use . It has a air cooled motor. Hence it cannot run for more than 5 minutes continuously. If you are a serious user who will use the washer for many other purposes then i would suggest you go for the K3 atleast. K3 and above come with water cooled motors which will allow the motor to run for 15 minutes at a stretch
My only use would be washing my car twice a week.

My only concern is that are the gears used in the motor of the K2 360 made of plastic or metal? As the users of K2 compact have complained of the plastic gears wearing out.

My budget is around 10k. What do you guys think, will the karcher k2 360 or bosch aquatak 125 be better.
Old 24th July 2020, 11:49   #1135
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My only use would be washing my car twice a week.

My only concern is that are the gears used in the motor of the K2 360 made of plastic or metal? As the users of K2 compact have complained of the plastic gears wearing out.

My budget is around 10k. What do you guys think, will the karcher k2 360 or bosch aquatak 125 be better.
I do not know what material the gears are made of.

I would suggest the aquatak 125 over K2 compact for your kinda of use.
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2020, 11:54   #1136
BHPian

Quote:
I do not know what material the gears are made of.

I would suggest the aquatak 125 over K2 compact for your kinda of use.
Thank you.

Was inclined towards the karcher due to it's genesis of 'made in germany' vs the made in china for bosch.

However, as suggested, shall go ahead with the aquatak with a local bosch dealer.

That apart, i have purchased a spray nozzle (zephyr 9 way nozzle) from Amazon along with a 10 metres reinforced pipe for the time being. Shall share the images and my review of using the same soon.
Old 24th July 2020, 12:00   #1137
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
K2 range is OK for occasional use. K3 and above come with water cooled motors which will allow the motor to run for 15 minutes at a stretch
Very correct! I intentionally went for a water-cooled one in the form of the K4. Alternative was the Bosch Aquatak 130 and above.

The K3 is ridiculously hard to source though. Either is it out of stock or priced almost at MRP with no offers. My K4 Basic was 16.5K from Amazon - the major irritant is being a 'Basic' version, it has no storage spaces at all except a net bag at the back.

The machine itself is stunning though!
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2020, 12:14   #1138
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you.

Was inclined towards the karcher due to it's genesis of 'made in germany' vs the made in china for bosch.

However, as suggested, shall go ahead with the aquatak with a local bosch dealer.

That apart, i have purchased a spray nozzle (zephyr 9 way nozzle) from Amazon along with a 10 metres reinforced pipe for the time being. Shall share the images and my review of using the same soon.
Better choice i would say

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Very correct! I intentionally went for a water-cooled one in the form of the K4. Alternative was the Bosch Aquatak 130 and above.

The K3 is ridiculously hard to source though. Either is it out of stock or priced almost at MRP with no offers. My K4 Basic was 16.5K from Amazon - the major irritant is being a 'Basic' version, it has no storage spaces at all except a net bag at the back.

The machine itself is stunning though!
I have a K3 which cost me around 15K an year and half ago.

K4 motor is a much more robust than K3 and can take a lot more abuse. If you observe the pressure difference is just 10 Bar between K3 and K4. The motor is from the higher end karcher models detuned for the K4. So with good care, it should last a long time! I got this info from local karcher dealer
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2020, 12:33   #1139
BHPian

Quote:
Better choice i would say

I have a K3 which cost me around 15K an year and half ago.

K4 motor is a much more robust than K3 and can take a lot more abuse. If you observe the pressure difference is just 10 Bar between K3 and K4. The motor is from the higher end karcher models detuned for the K4. So with good care, it should last a long time! I got this info from local karcher dealer
I shall be trying the nozzle sometime next week. Should suffice for 90 percent of the requirements. Just need to fit an angle cock tap to the washroom in my parking so that i can fit the nozzle hose without any issues with a hose coupler.

Also, my budget for the pressure washer is only 10k as I'll be sparingly using it. The sparingly notion might however change once i get it.

Although it's not a necessity, it is fascinating to have a pressure washer and i plan to get the foam nozzle too.

Already spent a lot on accesories for this months such as detailing products, a bosch 950 rotary polisher and detailing pads, which i shall be updating on the detailing thread.
Old 24th July 2020, 12:56   #1140
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Already spent a lot on accesories for this months such as detailing products, a bosch 950 rotary polisher and detailing pads, which i shall be updating on the detailing thread.
Pressure washer is definitely necessary for washing the cars properly. You will get a cleaner car with less effort and lesser water consumption.

Do share the Bosch polisher review on the detailing thread! Looks like an interesting product
sagarpadaki is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks