Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2020, 20:55   #1111
Senior - BHPian

Re: Buying & Using a Pressure Washer

Couple of updates:

- there is onboard storage for the 3-in-1 nozzle. See pic
Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-20200622_065217.jpg
It gave me great satisfaction to figure it out!

Don't miss the clip for fixing the 15 amp plug onto the wound flex.

This lets the complete unit to be stored back in the box with the lid closed flat.

- the NRV + tube works fine for buckets. I went with a brass NRV to esnure that there is enough weight to keep it on the bottom of the bucket. It takes a bit of time to prime. The free running pump when it primes makes a worrying noise. I guess it is fine and is designed for it. It might be better to fill the tube with water before connecting to the washer to reduce priming time.
Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-20200622_065202.jpg

If you use a tap supply, you need a clip attachment. Else when the flow stops the pipe falls out. I have ordered a Hokipo set for both the tap and the pipe.

The NRV tube fits on the side inside the box without any issues.

- I could not figure out what this clip is for near the black gun attachment point.
Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-20200622_065233.jpg

I think it is there only to prevent the gun touching the body and to hold it firmly.

- It would have been nice to have onboard storage for the filter and hose quick release connector. The way it is currently stored, left on the inlet sticking out 3 inches, is guaranteed to make it snap off one day or the other. The good thing is that the filter with the attached connector sits perfectly in the groove of the front handle. So that might be the way to store it.

It took about 2.5 buckets to clean a 10x6 bathroom walls & floor. So it is reasonably efficient. The foam lance is useless. I have ordered the VMTC one.

I am pretty happy with it.

Last edited by sridhu : 22nd June 2020 at 21:07.
sridhu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 21:34   #1112
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
I could not figure out what this clip is for near the black gun attachment point.
For storing the gun indeed.

Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-img_20200622_212707.jpg
Gannu_1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th July 2020, 18:04   #1113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyush350 View Post
Hi Sugam
I have gone through 2 k2's in the last 3 years. Both have failed with the same issue of losing pressure after non use for about 6 months. The first one I tried to get repaired was of no avail as the karcher guy quoted almost the same cost as a new unit.

Both the machine have been discarded and I will get a new one in few months. Not sure as of now, will have to ask around.
Regards
Piyush
I had placed an order for the K2 compact on amazon for Rs 6.5k and going through the forum and witnessing the rate of failures due to the plastic head giving in, I promptly cancelled it.

Now can someone please clarify if the K2 360 used the same plastic inner components like that of the K2 compact?

I'd love to opt for the Karcher (due to its German lineage) over the Bosch 125 Aquatak. Both are in the 10k range. Please suggest. Thank you.
Old 12th July 2020, 13:47   #1114
Distinguished - BHPian

Advise requested for choosing between Karcher K4 Basic & Bosch Aquatak 130, or any more alternatives.

Usage is car, garage, bathroom & terrace washing. Budget < 18K.
Old 12th July 2020, 14:03   #1115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Advise requested for choosing between Karcher K4 Basic & Bosch Aquatak 130, or any more alternatives.

I have K4 Basic, bought it sometime ago, no problems till now. Just be sure to buy extra filters and quick attachment connectors from amazon.
mercedised is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2020, 12:03   #1116
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

This sudden BLR lockdown is seriously messing up plans to buy a pressure washer! Both Amazon & Flipkart have extended their delivery dates 10-15 days, as there is no clarity about ordinary business and/or e-commerce being allowed from 14th evening to 22nd morning.

Made a couple of calls too but cannot locate either a Karcher K4 Basic or a Bosch Aquatak 130 in north BLR. Any tips please?
Old 15th July 2020, 20:44   #1117
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Made a couple of calls too but cannot locate either a Karcher K4 Basic or a Bosch Aquatak 130 in north BLR. Any tips please?
Picked up a Karcher K4 Basic from Amazon for 16,499 and delivered in 24 hours flat. Made in Germany in March 2020 and imported through Italy in June.

Very happy with our first use of it. Cleaned mossy tiles very easily without any soap or scrubbing etc. Will try on garage granite tiles tomorrow. Awesome power and unexpectedly quiet too. Noted that a pair of safety spectacles is a must especially if spraying irregular or broken surfaces!

Have bought a VMTC foam lance & connecter set too which is unfortunately delayed.

Only comments are firstly the styrofoam was damaged because I think Karcher India would have opened it, tested & pasted that ugly sticker. Again, the tools were not well packed but stuffed on the side.
Second is that the tool storage looks better and scientifically planned on the Bosch Aquatak 130.
Attached Thumbnails
Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-img_20200715_152508.jpg  

Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-img_20200715_155308.jpg  

Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-img_20200715_155500.jpg  

Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-img_20200715_203313.jpg  

Last edited by itwasntme : 15th July 2020 at 20:48.
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2020, 00:50   #1118
BHPian

Quote:
Picked up a Karcher K4 Basic from Amazon for 16,499 and delivered in 24 hours flat.
I have a similar model purchased about 7 years back, made in Romania. Was happy initially but then in about 30-40 uses, it developed a leak at the bottom. Opened it up and found a crack on the pressure head. It is all plastic inside and cannot be put to serious and long use i feel. It is still working for me though the pressure has reduced and the leak is an irritant. I now use it once in two or three months and wish i had purchased a more industrial piece with maybe metal components instead of plastic inside.
Old 17th July 2020, 13:30   #1119
BHPian

Anyone who can recommend what connectors to buy online that makes the garden pipes screw in to the taps ? Bit confused seeing options. I am looking to just buy those connectors that fit in pipe ends and make the water come like a spray to clean car easier, dont need high pressure stuff.
Old 17th July 2020, 14:02   #1120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
Anyone who can recommend what connectors to buy online that makes the garden pipes screw in to the taps ?
These are the ones i use for my outdoor watering needs. They are a lot cheaper if you find a neighbourhood hardware store.

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01LN3W2LW/..._IXveFb8ME6551

https://www.flipkart.com/hokipo-univ...shing-cleaning

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07P5YBY6W/..._8YveFbQGTF7AW

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07B3BD15W/..._K1veFbGQ2W88Y
diyguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2020, 18:10   #1121
Distinguished - BHPian

You need to check if your hose is 1/2-inch or 3/4-inch and buy hose-end fitting accordingly. Same for the tap end, of course, if you are using the snap-on (originally Hozlock) fitting.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2020, 16:49   #1122
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Picked up a Karcher K4 Basic from Amazon for 16,499 and delivered in 24 hours flat.

Will try on garage granite tiles tomorrow.

Noted that a pair of safety spectacles is a must especially if spraying irregular or broken surfaces!
Guys, need advice to help clean my stained concrete garage floor. Pictures follow. The Net is full of either specialized degreasers and niche cleaners or DIY mixes using baking soda, vinegar etc.

My question is whether there is any readymade and tried/tested cleaning powders / liquids? I intend to wet the floor, brush it well with the cleaning agent, let it sit for some time, and then pressure wash it off.

Any thoughts please?
Attached Thumbnails
Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-s1.jpeg  

Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-s2.jpeg  

Old 21st July 2020, 21:38   #1123
BHPian

Hi BHPians,

I am planning to buy a pressure washer, primary use will be to clean both my balconies. My main issue is that I do not have a tap close by, so would either need a very long hose or will need a model which can work with a bucket full of water.

I am totally confused after reading about options online, I do not know how to make a pressure washer work with a bucket and if I need to buy any additional accessories for that.

Please share your valuable inputs
Old 22nd July 2020, 07:00   #1124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkats2001 View Post
Hi BHPians,

I ... My main issue is that I do not have a tap close by, so would either need a very long hose or will need a model which can work with a bucket full of water.

I have the Bosch Aquatech 125. It works fine with a bucket. In fact, that is my preferred mode indoors.

You just need a 0.5" hose and a non-return valve (brass preferably. Ensures that the hose is in water.)

The only caveat is that eventhough the pump is advertised as self-priming, things are a lot easier if you fill the tube with water before connecting.

This should be the same for any pressure washer.
Old 22nd July 2020, 13:13   #1125
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post

This should be the same for any pressure washer.
I have not used a pressure washer for years, but I don't think my Bosch then world have drawn from a bucket. I'd say, if needed, make sure the feature is listed before buying

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks