Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2018, 15:58   #1036
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Buying & Using a Pressure Washer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Thanks for sharing this info. Comes in handy for my Karcher K2

I was under an impression that the machine was faulty when water started to come out of the gun even before the machine was turned on.
LOL.No.

That is the first pre-requisite before you turn on the switch! Will make your machine last for a long time if you do this every time you use the machine!
Old 5th January 2019, 15:32   #1037
BHPian

Gentlemen, need your expert advice to purchase a pressure washer for my one year old blue hexa. Sick of the swirl marks that appear after the daily washing guy does his job, so terminated his services.

After having gone through all available washers, I'm zeroing down on Karcher K2 Compact. Is anyone else using the same? Any suggestions regarding which brand or model should I go for? I'm on a tight budget, so doesn't leave me with many options per se. Also, would you suggest buying it off amazon?

Would be grateful for any insights.
Old 5th January 2019, 15:54   #1038
BHPian

Hi Sugam
I have gone through 2 k2's in the last 3 years. Both have failed with the same issue of losing pressure after non use for about 6 months. The first one I tried to get repaired was of no avail as the karcher guy quoted almost the same cost as a new unit.

Both the machine have been discarded and I will get a new one in few months. Not sure as of now, will have to ask around.
Regards
Piyush
piyush350 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2019, 17:54   #1039
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugam View Post
Would be grateful for any insights.
I am using Bosch Aqt37-13 plus for my Nexon and it's very good.

Using it for the past 8 months now. I also have a foam gun from. MJJC, imported from China. It is more than sufficient to clean Hexa.

I got it from Amazon for 14400.
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2019, 20:03   #1040
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugam View Post
Gentlemen, need your expert advice to purchase a pressure washer for my one year old blue hexa. Sick of the swirl marks that appear after the daily washing guy does his job, so terminated his services. ... ... ... Would be grateful for any insights.
You could do more harm to your paintwork with a pressure washer! Take care to observe the manufacturer's instructions and warnings. Never use full pressure on your car: use the softer, fan-shaped spray tool/setting.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th January 2019, 12:52   #1041
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyush350 View Post
Hi Sugam
I have gone through 2 k2's in the last 3 years. Both have failed with the same issue of losing pressure after non use for about 6 months. The first one I tried to get repaired was of no avail as the karcher guy quoted almost the same cost as a new unit.

Both the machine have been discarded and I will get a new one in few months. Not sure as of now, will have to ask around.
Regards
Piyush
Thanks for your insight Piyush. Do you think that the loss due to non-use could have something to do with the detergent suction being at the back of the machine, effectively sending detergent mixed water through the motor and causing a problem due to non-use? If that's the case, might make sense to avoid all such machines with a similar mechanism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
I am using Bosch Aqt37-13 plus for my Nexon and it's very good.

Using it for the past 8 months now. I also have a foam gun from. MJJC, imported from China. It is more than sufficient to clean Hexa.

I got it from Amazon for 14400.
Thanks Bharath, had a look at the Bosch machines, seem to be out of my budget range for now.

Has anyone used Resqtech's 135 bar washer? Looks to be a sweet deal with all accessories at 7,999/-. How's their support? They offer a 2 year warranty as well. Thoughts please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
You could do more harm to your paintwork with a pressure washer! Take care to observe the manufacturer's instructions and warnings. Never use full pressure on your car: use the softer, fan-shaped spray tool/setting.
Thanks for the advice. Will keep that in mind. My main issue washing it the traditional way is reaching the roof - don't want to hold the (inside) roof handles for the fear of blackening the light coloured roof lining and don't have roof rails installed.

Thanks a ton!
sugam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2019, 19:00   #1042
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Review: Bosch AQT 35-12 Electric Pressure Washer

I don't have my own metered electric connection to my parking, and don't really want to take the pain to install one, so looking for manual pressure washer.

Anyone has any experience with this manual washer (hand pumped, no electric supply required):
http://resqtech.in/product/14-liter-...sher-cs-14l-1/

Also, I saw this battery operated model (and rechargeable battery so it can be taken home for charging):

Any experience with any of these 2 models?
Old 1st February 2019, 14:17   #1043
BHPian

Re: Review: Bosch AQT 35-12 Electric Pressure Washer

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
I don't have my own metered electric connection to my parking, and don't really want to take the pain to install one, so looking for manual pressure washer.

Anyone has any experience with this manual washer (hand pumped, no electric supply required):

Also, I saw this battery operated model (and rechargeable battery so it can be taken home for charging):

Any experience with any of these 2 models?
I am not using the models which you have listed but i am using the below model. Happy with the performance but please dont expect the high pressure but a moderate pressure comes in these models.

https://www.amazon.in/Stvin-Portable...ds=car+washers
SPEEDY_RACER is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2019, 21:31   #1044
BHPian

After the recent addition of one more car to our garage which now makes a total of two cars and two 2-wheelers, the task of getting those washed once in a week has turned out to be a bit tedious. So the idea of getting a pressure washer has popped up and the search for the same started.

After going through this thread and couple of other articles decided to give a try with ResQTech 1700-Watt 135 BAR High Pressure Washer. The main Pros were its aggressive pricing, practicality and it’s 2 years warranty period. Before going with it I contacted the customer care team and their response made me to confirm it.

As I have only been using it for just over a month the initial impression was great and hope it continues that way.
Old 7th February 2019, 11:04   #1045
BHPian

Am looking for a pressure washer with a water cooled motor, could this be a good one as it comes with one at 16.5K?
https://www.amazon.in/Karcher-Plasti...EFJKNXP8QN75KD

I understand that it may be outdated & not have foam lance but I wanted something robust in up to 20K range.
Pl reply if can consider this one or something better in the same range?
Old 7th February 2019, 11:17   #1046
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raihan View Post
Am looking for a pressure washer with a water cooled motor, could this be a good one as it comes with one at 16.5K?
https://www.amazon.in/Karcher-Plasti...EFJKNXP8QN75KD

I understand that it may be outdated & not have foam lance but I wanted something robust in up to 20K range.
Pl reply if can consider this one or something better in the same range?
I use Bosch Aqt37-13 plus and am satisfied with it. It cleanes very well and serves the purpose. I got an additional foam Lance from MJJC thru AliExpress.
Old 7th February 2019, 12:06   #1047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
I use Bosch Aqt37-13 plus and am satisfied with it. It cleanes very well and serves the purpose. I got an additional foam Lance from MJJC thru AliExpress.
I think Aqt37 has an air cooled motor, how long have you had yours? Can we use it clean stairs, tiles, windows, terrace etc in addition to cars?
Bangalore is very dusty these days
For just 4K more over the Bosch we could get a water cooled one hence the confusion which could be more appropriate given my requirement.

Someone with a K4 pl respond with your feedback.
Old 7th February 2019, 14:06   #1048
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raihan View Post
I think Aqt37 has an air cooled motor, how long have you had yours? Can we use it clean stairs, tiles, windows, terrace etc in addition to cars?
Bangalore is very dusty these days
Someone with a K4 pl respond with your feedback.
I have it for an year and primary use is to clean a Nexon. In addition I clean bathroom tiles and it's does a good job. It comes with a patio attachment to clean terrace
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2019, 14:30   #1049
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Not true, Pressure washers are designed keeping cars in mind, anything below 100 Bar with the regular wash lance is paintwork safe, The whole point of using the pressure washer is to have a contact less wash. There is no way a pressure washer is going to harm the paint unless you are using a dirt blaster nozzle.

I have been using a karcher K2 for almost 5 years, runs like new even today. The whole thing has been faded, had algae deposits in the intake, one service and it is back to its new self.

I had the original hose getting ruptured once, bought a Chinese replacement hose which was bitten by a stray puppy, got it crimped again and its as good as new.

pramod
Old 7th February 2019, 18:36   #1050
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Not true, Pressure washers are designed keeping cars in mind ...
That was not the case when I had my small Bosch unit. The manual specifically warned that only the fan-shaped nozzle should be used on cars, and that at its widest, lowest-pressure setting. And I can speak from experience about dislodging old cement from the drive when all I wanted to do was clear away mud.

Most of us tend to be impressed by specs that "look" better, and I am fairly sure that novice users here will consider more bars to be more desirable.

Experienced users will know better. Those using attachments made for cars may not be at risk. But others, and those impressed by the best-looking jet attachment, do need to know that these things are fierce and can cause injury to people and things.

My unit might have been about 2008 or 2009 vintage and was the smallest in the range. I used to wash down house walls, etc, using the same nozzle as for the car.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks