Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2016, 19:24   #901
BHPian

Re: Buying & Using a Pressure Washer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstonlobo View Post
yes, this is working fine, although had changed the gun attachment a year back since it was not used for a long time, probably the apparatus inside got jammed.
Thank you, Alston!

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
I am planning to get the head replaced in my karcher as it was not pumping at high speed. It has been unused for more than a year. Very unhappy with it actually.
The head of the k2.x series costs roughly around 4.5k. And almost in every case, after replacing the head, the oil leaks out and ruines the unit.

I changed 2 small plastic cogs in the pump that should cost no more than 20 bucks. Ended up paying 1.8k for them!!!

I'm thinking of picking up a unit from Makita or bosch.
Old 19th October 2016, 08:18   #902
Senior - BHPian

^^

I have been using basic Makita for about a year now. Use it monthly twice. Till now there is no problem. Water is hard water or soft depending on what's available. Its very noisy. I put some old rag on top of it to silence it a bit (I know it will stop heat dissipation etc).

Last edited by GTO : 20th October 2016 at 22:40. Reason: Typos
kutlee is offline   Received Infraction
Old 19th October 2016, 15:18   #903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
Thank you, Alston!

I'm thinking of picking up a unit from Makita or bosch.

I'd recommend the Makita, for me getting spares is piece of cake as the dealer and service centre is walking distance from my house so A.S.S is taken care of without any issues.
Old 21st October 2016, 18:59   #904
Senior - BHPian

Which are the long lasting/ reliable pressure washers in the 5000-15000 price range?

I see many issues with Karcher 2.x series.
Quite astonished that the products do not last more than a few dozen uses.
Old 12th November 2016, 20:51   #905
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Which are the long lasting/ reliable pressure washers in the 5000-15000 price range?

I see many issues with Karcher 2.x series.
Quite astonished that the products do not last more than a few dozen uses.
I had a bosch aquatech 100 which sharted oil leakage in 3 years. I bought a karcher k3.550 2 years back. Thought it was a stable version but proven wrong last week it started leaking water and the repair cost was 3k. The usage is very less mostly biweekly. So my experience stay away from any model which has plastic heads /couplers. As per the karcher service personal k7 models are all aluminum/Cooper ones.
arun_sharon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2016, 23:36   #906
BHPian

Buying & Using a Pressure Washer

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_sharon View Post
karcher k3.550 2 years back. ...tepair cost was 3k. K7 models are all aluminum/Cooper ones.
+1
Sadly I had to learn this same fact from experience myself too. Which city and where is this service center? I should get mine fixed as I haven't used it in almost 15 months

Last edited by diyguy : 12th November 2016 at 23:38.
Old 13th November 2016, 00:36   #907
Senior - BHPian

Re: Review : ResQtech 8 litre pressure/Spray washer

Quote:
Originally Posted by five46 View Post

That's that. Any hopes that it can wash down the muck will also water down. The bristles are very soft. Good to wash down the dust. Mud splashes around the skirt is difficult to remove with this.
My ResqTech unit has now gone out of warranty. Here is what I feel about it:

I have found the weakest link is the O-ring inside the lid/screw top. Mine went kaput in the first six months. I visited the factory where the unit is assembled/stored and got a replacement pump with a spare O ring. Within a few months, the O ring gave up again.

It would hardly be a Rs. 20 part, but it lets pressure out, rendering the pump useless. It's not even worth the effort of communicating with the manufacturer and geting a couple of O rings dispatched. I scratched my head for an easier solution.

Finally I tried the silocone sealant. I had bought a tube for sealing some cracks in our bathroom tiles, and I tried applying that in the recess where the O ring normally sits. I left it to dry for 24 hours and then tried the pump.

Coming back to the pump itself, when you pump it to a decent pressure, the force is strong enough to dislodge grime from between tiles. If the O ring leaks pressure, get rid of it, and fill that space with a good quality silicone sealant and you have something longer lasting than the original O ring. Once the pressure holds, you need to fill it completely with water, and then work the handle about 25 to 30 times to build up a good amount of pressure. It should help with the muck.

The other part is if you want to clean up good, take around half a bucket of water mixed with a good car shampoo. Get a good sponge to apply it to the car's body. Spray a fine mist from the pump, then thoroughly apply the shampoo, and then use the brush or nozzle with a good pressure to clean up the shampoo. Use a good micro fibre cloth to wipe it and you will see a new car!
honeybee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2016, 09:25   #908
Senior - BHPian

The tube sealant also proved ineffective, with pieces of it coming out and finally I discarded it completely. Bought a new GP sealant in Gurgaon, a big tube, with a gun - and applied it last morning to the inside of the screw top. Let it cure for around 24 hours.

Today I fitted the screw top to the pump, worked the handle a few times, and the pressure held on for more than a minute as I sprayed a steady jet. No let up of pressure.

Hopefully this new GP silicone sealant stays put longer than the earlier one. With this type of performance, it would beat any battery powered pump hands down.
Old 14th December 2016, 19:12   #909
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_sharon View Post
I had a bosch aquatech 100 which sharted oil leakage in 3 years. I bought a karcher k3.550 2 years back. Thought it was a stable version but proven wrong last week it started leaking water and the repair cost was 3k. The usage is very less mostly biweekly. So my experience stay away from any model which has plastic heads /couplers. As per the karcher service personal k7 models are all aluminum/Cooper ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
+1
Sadly I had to learn this same fact from experience myself too. Which city and where is this service center? I should get mine fixed as I haven't used it in almost 15 months
Thanks for writing. I see that the K7 is upwards of Rs. 40000 which is prohibitory pricing for my personal use.
Isn't there anything in the 10-15K range which is durable?
Old 14th December 2016, 21:20   #910
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for writing. I see that the K7 is upwards of Rs. 40000 which is prohibitory pricing for my personal use.
Isn't there anything in the 10-15K range which is durable?
Hitachi AW130 seems to be good - IT has lot of good reviews in Australia.
Old 15th December 2016, 14:21   #911
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Hitachi AW130 seems to be good - IT has lot of good reviews in Australia.
Thanks!

This seems to have just 6 months warranty. Isn't that too less for such products?
S_U_N is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2016, 18:48   #912
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks!

This seems to have just 6 months warranty. Isn't that too less for such products?
In fact I too am looking out to buy one and none of them seem to offer more than six months warranty. Hitachi supposedly being Japanese offers better quality (hopefully) as they offer in Australia.
Old 19th December 2016, 11:52   #913
BHPian

Re: Review : ResQtech 8 litre pressure/Spray washer

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
My ResqTech unit has now gone out of warranty. Here is what I feel about it:

I have found the weakest link is the O-ring inside the lid/screw top. Mine went kaput in the first six months. I visited the factory where the unit is assembled/stored and got a replacement pump with a spare O ring. Within a few months, the O ring gave up again.

It would hardly be a Rs. 20 part, but it lets pressure out, rendering the pump useless. It's not even worth the effort of communicating with the manufacturer and geting a couple of O rings dispatched. I scratched my head for an easier solution.

Finally I tried the silocone sealant. I had bought a tube for sealing some cracks in our bathroom tiles, and I tried applying that in the recess where the O ring normally sits. I left it to dry for 24 hours and then tried the pump.

Coming back to the pump itself, when you pump it to a decent pressure, the force is strong enough to dislodge grime from between tiles. If the O ring leaks pressure, get rid of it, and fill that space with a good quality silicone sealant and you have something longer lasting than the original O ring. Once the pressure holds, you need to fill it completely with water, and then work the handle about 25 to 30 times to build up a good amount of pressure. It should help with the muck.

The other part is if you want to clean up good, take around half a bucket of water mixed with a good car shampoo. Get a good sponge to apply it to the car's body. Spray a fine mist from the pump, then thoroughly apply the shampoo, and then use the brush or nozzle with a good pressure to clean up the shampoo. Use a good micro fibre cloth to wipe it and you will see a new car!
Hi Honeybee,
I see that you are struggling with the Oring, try wrapping the Oring with teflon tape around the circumference starting from the ID to OD along the whole of the circumference. I have seen even cracked O rings worked like this. A tight fit initially bit does the job. I agree its a jugad, but then why not if it works.

Hope the above helps.

Last edited by jayeshdamle : 19th December 2016 at 11:53. Reason: Formatting
jayeshdamle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2016, 23:24   #914
BHPian

Hi i was on a look out for a preassure washer narrowed down to Bosch aqt 33-11 along with a derergent nozzle, any reviews on this or will it be like eureka forbes vaccum cleaner u buy it and never use it. Price for both together is Rs 8199+412
Old 30th December 2016, 04:19   #915
BHPian

Quote:
I had upto 10k budget and went ahead with Bosch AQT 35-12.

Quote:
Bosch AQT 35-12 is available on Amazon lightening deal for Rs. 8399
I got mine for 6750 during a recent sale at flipkart

Quote:
Originally Posted by quakerme View Post
Hi i was on a look out for a preassure washer narrowed down to Bosch aqt 33-11 along with a derergent nozzle, any reviews on this or will it be like eureka forbes vaccum cleaner u buy it and never use it. Price for both together is Rs 8199+412
The 33-11 was going for 5400 recently at flipkart sale. I got 35-12. You can check my review in the link mentioned below:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ni-review.html
Samfromindia is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks