Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2017, 01:11   #946
Senior - BHPian

Re: Buying & Using a Pressure Washer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldshivabull View Post
Wanted to inform BHPians that Resqtech has launched two pressure washers over at Amazon...

I happened to buy the ResQTech RSQ-PW101 Pressure Washer, the first one ie 1700w 135 bar! It cost ₹7.3k (similar the Bosch AQT 35-12 1500w 120bar at ₹7.2k, after 10% SBI discount here on Flipkart!)

It was ordered on 21st September & got delivered 23rd morning. Within 10-15 mins of delivery I got a call from them for delivery confirmation & was offered guidance on assembling it.

Thought it could be different & complicated since it's a new brand, so rolled out the DIY mat & got to work.

Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-img_20170923_105831.jpg

It set up in just 5 mins. Setting it up is similar to other brands. Now IMO all depends on component quality. Will be able to connect & try it only post Sunday afternoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
...Not impressed with the pricing, which seems to be set to match the import price of the competition, which sells for substantially less elsewhere in the world.
Neither was I, but actually thought a promising new entrant deserves a chance. I know it's adventurous when theres a existing tried & tested brand at the same price, but I'm somehow hoping ResQTech won't disappoint with quality & service.

Let's see.

Edit
Disclaimer : I'm not affiliated to the seller in any way, other than as a customer. Would be posting short, medium and long term experiences with the product & company.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 24th September 2017 at 01:27.
GrammarNazi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2017, 09:37   #947
Senior - BHPian

Initial Feedback :

I guess I'll not be using the straight line jet in full open position, ever. The water spray is adjustable with twist.

At 10% open, it's good enough for rinsing the car.

From 10% upto 20% open, pressure washing the regular mud or bumper tar marks is good.

From 20% upto 25% open, it's for stubborn underbody mud/sludge.

Post 25% the jet becomes very narrow & sharp. Wouldn't use it for the cars outer body, as it may simply wear down the clear coat.

Most importantly :

The foam lance seems to be defective as it doesn't spray foam at all & only sprays away the shampoo water as is :

Contacted the person who had called me on the delivery date. Sent him the above video on WhatsApp. Initially he said its supposed to be like that! But I made it clear that this is unacceptable to me as I could've bought those 200₹ pumps that sprayed soap.

I used 25% shampoo : water, but was told I should use a soap : water concentration higher than 30:70. This too was odd. Any video online shows that a foam dispenser dispenses foam with much lesser mix, I would accept if it could be thin froth, but it's definitely not supposed to be a soap water dispenser!

I was told that the one Karcher has is different, & costs ₹2,500/-. Then I was told they're developing an advanced foam lance and they'll give me one as complementary when they develop it!

When I expressed displeasure, he said he'll contact the technician & get back to me & that he's travelling to London and would only return by next Monday. This raised my eyebrows as timeframe would be beyond what I think Amazon would allow for a return.

Now I'm being asked to only use a Foam shampoo, and it wouldn't work with any other shampoo. I'm being asked to send a pic of the foam shampoo that I used.

I'm also being asked for a demo video from anyone using Bosch Foam Lance, showing that it sprays such foam. Would be helpful if anyone of you'll could upload one or point me to a video that I could show him.

Not comfortable with the purchase decision.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 26th September 2017 at 10:04.
GrammarNazi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2017, 10:50   #948
Senior - BHPian

The high pressure hose in my Karcher K2 is leaking at multiple points. I looked at replacement online and the price is anywhere between 4-8k, my brand new unit was 8k and newer units with more attachments are available at 7-9k, my question is does it make sense to get a hose at 4k?

It would be great if someone can point me towards a cheaper source.

PS: already looked at Aliexpress, though priced at 1-2k, it takes a month to arrive plus some hoses are sold as replacement, while they are actually an extension hose, they have very different nozzles.

Pramod

Last edited by pramodkumar : 26th September 2017 at 10:53.
Old 1st October 2017, 12:53   #949

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Ok I think I figured out the issue here. I have been connecting one end of the pipe into the pressure washer and other end into the tap directly. However, the other end actually needs to be put in a bucket of water from what I read online.

Is this how you guys have been used your pressure washers using a pipe in bucket instead of connecting it to a tap??
Hi Sahil,

I am using the same Bosch washer. I can share some of the pictures with you. At first, I too had the same issue of water leaking, then all I did was push the pipe in till it stopped leaking. Does the hose couple with the coupler?

Please let me know if you need my help. We can probably discuss this offline.
Old 2nd October 2017, 15:26   #950
BHPian

Looking to borrow or hire a pressure washer for two days. Need it for cleaning the algae on the roof of our house. No luck online with Google. Location - banaswadi Bangalore. Help!
Old 2nd October 2017, 20:25   #951
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
my question is does it make sense to get a hose at 4k?
Pramod, dont waste on Karcher spares. the k2 is generically a very inferior product. 3 of us friends bought a unit each and in no time had issues with them. The planetary gears on my unit went for a toss. I got a replacement from germany for 1.8k. Imagine paying 1.8k for 2 plastic cogs that should cost no more than 50 bucks to manufacture.

One friend still has his unit and i can ask him if he will part with the hose if you are interested. He is looking at upgrading.

Cheers!
Old 2nd October 2017, 21:25   #952
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
The high pressure hose in my Karcher K2 is leaking at multiple points. I looked at replacement online and the price is anywhere between 4-8k, my brand new unit was 8k and newer units with more attachments are available at 7-9k, my question is does it make sense to get a hose at 4k?

It would be great if someone can point me towards a cheaper source.

PS: already looked at Aliexpress, though priced at 1-2k, it takes a month to arrive plus some hoses are sold as replacement, while they are actually an extension hose, they have very different nozzles.

Pramod
I am in an almost same boat. I need the hose that gets connected to the unit, which got misplaced, last time we cleaned the house. Also need a few other stuff like, a foam lance and a vario lance to get the full result out of the k2. The cost of the spares alone that I need will cost moer than the unit itself. I am looking at resqtech at the moment. Atleast the spare parts are inexpensive.
Old 11th October 2017, 22:53   #953

Hello,
Just wanted to drop a note that I bought a ResQTech Induction Motor Pressure Washer and it arrived today. Its an interesting product because the motor is nice and small and isn't very loud. It also supports a start/stop based on the trigger of the gun. Connectors were easy to connect, though the manual isn't that great. I read a lot about Bosch, Karcher and other brands, but I saw this product which seemed nice, but did not have much info online as its a new product.

It is self priming. I took a bucket of water, put the green tube in the bucket, pressed the trigger a few times without the lance fitted in, and once the water got pulled in, put the lance and sprayed.

Since its my first time using a pressure washer, I ended up not pressing the trigger adequately (mea culpa ) and obviously the vacuum set in the motor stopped. But a couple of tries later, it was a very nice high pressure jet.

It also comes with a 10A socket which fits in any standard socket and comes with a two year warranty.

Now I just need to go to a place which has a socket as I don't have a socket in my parking. *grin*

The parts that arrived
Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-img_4660.jpg

The motor after assembly
Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-img_5692.jpg
rreiki is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th October 2017, 00:33   #954
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rreiki View Post
Hello,
Just wanted to drop a note that I bought a ResQTech Induction Motor Pressure Washer and it arrived today.
I too bought this a few days back and am pretty satisfied with the performance. Its pretty quite and the pressure is more than enough to wash a car. Opening the nozzle by 10-20% is sufficient and one needs to be careful with it since opening it completely may damage the paint finish or rip the clear coat off.

My area in Jaipur gets water supply loaded with fluoride and my air cooler grass pads were choked due to it. It was an easy job to get rid of the fluoride deposits with this pressure washer and I've put good use of it in other ares too. Pretty happy with my purchase and hope it lasts long being an induction motor. One con that I can think of is the detergent dispenser that comes along with it; its pretty useless if you expect it to dispense foam.

Last edited by k.sumit : 14th October 2017 at 00:44.
Old 14th October 2017, 01:05   #955

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.sumit View Post
I too bought this a few days back and am pretty satisfied with the performance. Its pretty quite and the pressure is more than enough to wash a car. Opening the nozzle by 10-20% is sufficient and one needs to be careful with it since opening it completely may damage the paint finish or rip the clear coat off.

My area in Jaipur gets water supply loaded with fluoride and my air cooler grass pads were choked due to it. It was an easy job to get rid of the fluoride deposits with this pressure washer and I've put good use of it in other ares too. Pretty happy with my purchase and hope it lasts long being an induction motor. One con that I can think of is the detergent dispenser that comes along with it; its pretty useless if you expect it to dispense foam.
I am a bit confused by opening and how to define it. all I can see is two plates which expand and contract. so if they are close together, does it mean its only 10-20% open? Could you show me an image of what 10-20% open looks like for the nozzle?
Old 14th October 2017, 01:15   #956
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello,
Just wanted to drop a note that I bought a ResQTech Induction Motor Pressure Washer
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.sumit View Post
I too bought this a few days back and am pretty satisfied with the performance.
It sounds promising that this community is liking this product. This gives me confidence about going for this. Have you guys tried the all-important foam gun? How is the foam quality and amount? This is the only part that needs an answer before committing to purchasing this product.
govigov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2017, 08:45   #957

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
It sounds promising that this community is liking this product. This gives me confidence about going for this. Have you guys tried the all-important foam gun? How is the foam quality and amount? This is the only part that needs an answer before committing to purchasing this product.
The accessory provided is a detergent dispenser. They said they are manufacturing a foam gun accessory when I asked if I can use a third party foam gun. That said, I haven't tried using a different concentration to see if foam appears.
rreiki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2017, 11:20   #958
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
I guess I was among the initial buyers. Its not a Foam gun/Lance, though it was initially labelled so! After my dispute they changed it to "detergent dispenser".

I'm fairly liberal but the overall way they responded to me, I lost trust & decided to return mine. It was a mix of lack of product knowledge, arrogance, distraction etc. Anyway, I guess now onwards they understand customers better.

Quote:
I am a bit confused by opening and how to define it. all I can see is two plates which expand and contract. so if they are close together, does it mean its only 10-20% open? Could you show me an image of what 10-20% open looks like for the nozzle?
It looks like the same gun for both the types, so I guess I can answer.

Practically, this is probably about 120bar of pressure. So its a little stronger than others in the market. This makes it quite important to have a lance that lends more control over the spray as against the one that is provided. Manageable if you're careful.

10% can be considered say half the thickness of a regular pencil lead. Maybe abit lesser. Basically have a ~25° spray-spread to just rinse off dust & non-sticking dirt off the vehicle surface.

20% could be as broad as a pencil lead. Asif to have a ~15° spray spread, to wash the regular mud or bumper tar marks.

30% could be broader, asif to have a 7°-10° spray spread. This could be for underbody dirt & sludge.

But if theres a nasty bird dropping on the exterior body-panel that doesn't go even at 30%, IMO its better to physically rub it off with a cloth rather than using the sharp concentrated force & risk possibly wearing down the clear coat.

>30%, i.e. 2°-5° spray could be mostly for tough under-body sludge.

Quote:
The accessory provided is a detergent dispenser. They said they are manufacturing a foam gun accessory when I asked if I can use a third party foam gun. That said, I haven't tried using a different concentration to see if foam appears.
Not 100% sure but IIRC the guy told me the foam lance they're using is similar to Bosch. I used 25 Shampoo : 75 water, no foam even on adding more shampoo.
GrammarNazi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 12:16   #959
BHPian

Quote:

Now I just need to go to a place which has a socket as I don't have a socket in my parking. *grin*

Thanks for the pictures--but how are you sorting out the socket problem? I don't have a connection in the common underground apartment parking we have. Someone earlier mentioned using satellite TV cable to run a connection.

Last edited by Rehaan : 17th October 2017 at 17:33. Reason: Fixing broken quote tag
Old 18th October 2017, 08:55   #960
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldshivabull View Post
I don't have a connection in the common underground apartment parking we have. Someone earlier mentioned using satellite TV cable to run a connection.
You get these from MDR or MX. I purchased this for my pressure water though I had a 5A socket in my garage as the Karcher needed a higher amp socket. These are professional grade and built for studio equipment and stage shows. There is one issue that you should unravel it completely as when coiled up, it will heat up quicker.
Also in earlier pages someone had built a DIY reel with pvc pipes and great ingenuity.
Am not sure how safe it would be to use a coax cable but in theory it should work.

Last edited by diyguy : 18th October 2017 at 08:58.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks