Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2016, 21:13   #871

Re: Buying & Using a Pressure Washer

Hi,

After reading this post I thought of experimenting with Manual pressure washer for my vehicle washing. I felt the 8 lt manual pressure pump from Resqtech little costly (2250 INR). So I searched for other alternatives and found another manual pump from Bangalore based company called Kisan Kraft. I purchased a 5lts pump for 850 INR from online seller (8 Lts was not available ).

My observations:
1. Unlike Resqtech it doesn't have any brush only simple nozzle which has stream and spray functionality.(As per the video demo Resqteh doesn't have stream function in its nozzle. I might be wrong )

2. The pressure from the nozzle is sufficient to remove regular dust without any problem. It saves a lot of water and no external power supply needed .

3. You need to handle the manual pump little carefully as entire pump is made of plastic with only exception of the metal pipe.
Attached Thumbnails
Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-kisan-kraft-2.jpg  

Debashis_1 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th February 2016, 22:18   #872
Distinguished - BHPian

I have a spray very like that. It is good for spraying garden plants. Since the flood, ours was used to spray many things with copious amounts of Lysol. I would not consider it any use at all for the car, except, maybe, to spray a detergent and water mix.
Old 20th February 2016, 22:17   #873
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandharamanp
hence I am exploring if i could buy a portable 12V water pressure car washer and found a product called resQtech.
http://resqtech.in/product/25-liter-...sher-cd-25l-1/
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee
I do not know how their electric pumps fare.
I had bought Resqtech 28Ltrs Rechargeable Car Washer 03-2-15.

The Spray Gun got jammed in May 15. So sent the Gun to the Pune Address for free replacement. I got the Gun back. Again in Aug-Sept, the gun got jammed. Again got replacement from them FOC. Again in Dec. Gun got jammed.
On investigating, they told me that the gun is getting jammed due to the Hard Water deposits. But I told them I use Municipal Corporation Water for Washing the car (as well as drinking. I dont have Water Purifier at home).
Then they advised me to open up the Gun and drain the water completely before storage and gave me replacement Gun.
After that I am draining the water by opening up the gun and did not face jamming after that.

About the Pressure- Don't expect the pressure as like as the Garage/Service Centre. But it does pretty good job. I am not fully satisfied with the pressure but its OK.
Also the AC Adapter provided got busted within a month of buying the washer. I did not buy new one as 12V Wire was also provided which is working till date. Also I dont keep the engine running when I keep the Washer on charging mode on 12V cigarette lighter socket.

The battery lasts around 3-4 car washes once fully charged.
IndigoXLGrandDi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2016, 23:35   #874
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
... ... ... they told me that the gun is getting jammed due to the Hard Water deposits. But I told them I use Municipal Corporation Water for Washing the car (as well as drinking. I dont have Water Purifier at home).
Municipal water may be soft or hard. They aim to remove the micro-organisms, not necessarily the minerals.

The water of my old home city is very hard. When visiting my patent's place in another part of the country, I would vigorously rub the soap in my hands --- and spend the next several minutes washing the lather away. Soap lasts longer in soft-water areas!
Old 23rd February 2016, 10:24   #875
BHPian

Are there any TeamBHPians with Lavor brand experience ?

Looks like Italian, but not sure if safe to invest given after sales support for such products.
Old 23rd February 2016, 11:24   #876
BHPian

At the Chennai Central railway station happened to see this and couldn't pass up the opportunity for a closer look.
Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-imageuploadedbyteambhp1456206812.860179.jpg
Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-imageuploadedbyteambhp1456206824.866273.jpg

Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-imageuploadedbyteambhp1456206845.919294.jpg
Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-imageuploadedbyteambhp1456206857.172947.jpg
diyguy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2016, 14:51   #877
BHPian

Yes yes, diyguy. You are awesome. I saw this in Hyd station and asked the guy who operates it. He said it's Railways standard issue for cleaning sewage and toilets, but concept is amazing and a gift to people who live in apartments with no access to electric points or water taps.

I'm trying to get more details with Honda genset guys for this, but their solution comes with a steep premium. Thanks for the pic though.

Last edited by prithm : 23rd February 2016 at 14:52.
prithm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2016, 21:44   #878
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
I had bought Resqtech 28Ltrs Rechargeable Car Washer 03-2-15.

The Spray Gun got jammed in May 15. So sent the Gun to the Pune Address for free replacement. I got the Gun back. Again in Aug-Sept, the gun got jammed. Again got replacement from them FOC. Again in Dec. Gun got jammed.
On investigating, they told me that the gun is getting jammed due to the Hard Water deposits. But I told them I use Municipal Corporation Water for Washing the car (as well as drinking. I dont have Water Purifier at home).
Then they advised me to open up the Gun and drain the water completely before storage and gave me replacement Gun.
After that I am draining the water by opening up the gun and did not face jamming after that.

I have the same product since last one year. I reviewed it on this thread before.

Regarding the gun getting jammed, they are right about the deposits inside the gun. I faced this problem after the first wash. We get very hard water in our locality. I solved the problem by cleaning the nozzle with a pin. Thereafter after every wash, I disassemble the spray gun and wipe off the water.

Last edited by Aditya : 24th February 2016 at 07:20. Reason: Trimming quoted text
Old 8th April 2016, 21:59   #879
BHPian

Steal Deal on Black & Decker PW2100 (Induction based) Pressure Washer

http://www.flipkart.com/black-decker...mdzmhe9hmgz9pw
  • 2100 W Induction Motor
  • Manometer
  • 2 Wheels
  • 8 m Steel Armed Hose

Rs. 15,199/-
Old 9th April 2016, 18:53   #880
Senior - BHPian

Any idea where I can service my bosch aquatak 100 plus pressure washer. I have been using it for last 6 years and it is showing signs of wear and tear and needs a service.

I stay south of Bangalore close to Mysore road.

thanks in advance.
DF
Old 9th April 2016, 19:01   #881
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf_lone View Post
Steal Deal on Black & Decker PW2100 (Induction based) Pressure Washer

http://www.flipkart.com/black-decker...mdzmhe9hmgz9pw

Rs. 15,199/-
Sadly delivery not available at my location.
Seems like a good deal.
Old 30th May 2016, 11:53   #882
Distinguished - BHPian

Review : ResQtech 8 litre pressure/Spray washer

After reading a lot of reviews of not just this, but also other resqtech products, I decided to buy this unit for Rs.2200 off of amazon.
Ordering:
Easy enough, amazon. Delivery was an altogether different story. Its shipped by the manufacturer himself, and they prefer speedpost. It will arrive, but at its own leisure. The packaging is nothing to write home about. A shoddy cardboard box, with no padding. Not even a product box.
But the unit is hardy enough to survive the government which is commendable in our day and age.

Why I went with this is because its completely mechanical. No electricals, so nothing to go wrong with it. And you can travel with it. It can be piled in a corner like a corrected teen in a convent school.
I have a lot of issues with the "morning cleaners" in my society, and where earlier I used to get my hands dirty every weekend, living in a society has taken away the quality time the cars and I spent together. We were drifting apart. This is my first step to reignite the passion.(Or water it down, to be more precise, thompson?).

Anyway, its basic. Fill it up, pump it up, spray it out.
It has 2 attachments. A VERY soft brush, which kept me engaged with its fluffiness for a bit. Water runs through it, and its VERY good at getting the dust off your car.
Next is a sprayer, which can be twisted and turned, to give you a mist, or a jet. The mist is very good for non car use.
however, I preferred the no attachment, finger on the nozzle jet which was very good against the crud built up on the radiator and condenser.

What it is also good for is getting your potted plants nice and shiny and green. Washing balcony fixtures, and cleaning of Split aircon grilles. With the misting attachment.

Usage tips:
Fill it up, and pump it up while sitting in your air conned home. I didn't, so I ended up spraying 4 litres of the 8 litres on my own self next to the car.
When filled, it takes about 60-80 pumping motions for it start working properly. It will go through about half the water with that. Post that, you could carry on with a bit less pressure, but I suggest you get some more exercise.

My phone doesnt like the sun, water, or sweat, so no pictures of my own. However, here are some descriptive pictures:
Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-req1.jpg

Name:  resq3.png
Views: 7170
Size:  45.9 KB

Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-resq2.jpg

Advertorial Review. Surprisingly, a true video. Or at least , inspired by real life.

Last edited by mayankk : 30th May 2016 at 12:04.
mayankk is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th May 2016, 16:24   #883
BHPian

After searching a lot and reading on numerous forums, i went in for the Bosch AQT 33-11. I live on the fourth floor so getting a water connection was a problem. This problem was solved as this particular washer has a self priming function. I can properly wash my Punto with one full bucket of water.

This was a worthy investment as i paid 7.5k and got it from amazon. Also got a extended hose , therefore there are no issues with moving around the car.

I would say, do give this a try if you can manage an electrical connection at the very least. Attaching a picture of the same.
Attached Thumbnails
Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-bosch.jpg  

Last edited by aditya.bhardwaj : 30th May 2016 at 16:26.
aditya.bhardwaj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th May 2016, 16:30   #884
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
Any idea where I can service my bosch aquatak 100 plus pressure washer. I have been using it for last 6 years and it is showing signs of wear and tear and needs a service.

I stay south of Bangalore close to Mysore road.

thanks in advance.
DF
Anyone has any idea where I can get Bosch Aquatak serviced on and around Mysore road.
Old 30th May 2016, 17:20   #885
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
Anyone has any idea where I can get Bosch Aquatak serviced on and around Mysore road.
You can get it serviced at Kayvee associates, DIY square opp Bosch, Bannerghatta road or at their second outlet at No 149, 37th cross, 26th main, Jayanagar 9th block. Contact nr. 65965823, 60126015 or 9880144909, 9036900666, 9880036555

Alternately you can check at Sri Varu power tools co. on SJP road beside the mosque in city market area. contact nr. 2222 4850. Both of these are trust worthy and authorised Bosch service centers.

Most Viewed