Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2017, 10:55   #961
Senior - BHPian

Re: Buying & Using a Pressure Washer

I have been using the Skil pressure washer (https://www.amazon.in/Bosch-F015-076.../dp/B00F3AZWT6) since 2013. Bought it from Flipkart.

I connect the inlet to our municipality water supply (which does not have the greatest of water pressure), but nonetheless the machine does a good job of supplying output pressure.
The machine & the watergun is pretty abuse friendly.

Only problem till date is that the garden hose coupler broke in the last year, but a replacement was easily available from Amazon (https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B01...?ie=UTF8&psc=1) at fair price.

This machine will not blast the caked mud off the car (and I am quite happy as too much pressure can chip paint), but will wash away the loose dirt and make it ready for further steps of washing.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2017, 19:29   #962
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Am not sure how safe it would be to use a coax cable but in theory it should work.
I really doubt that it is coaxial. Have never, ever seen a coax cable intended for mains voltage*. I'd bet the unit that the one in your picture is standard, 3-core, British colour-coded cable.

I have seen a coiled extension lead burn. It was of the type that is tightly wound inside a plastic cover, and it had a two or 3 kW heater attached to it. Not safe at all and, yes, better to fully uncoil any extension lead before use.

*AvE: "The way to get an answer on the internet is not to post the question, but to post a wrong answer!" I await correction
Old 22nd October 2017, 10:10   #963
BHPian

Which brand and model for budget less than ₹ 7,8K for a decent pressure washer? As a novice I do not want which requires engineering skills to connect to a water faucet etc. I also do not do off road driving but the regular dirt and grime of the city roads and occasional rain water/mud splash. Any guidance by seniors in the forum will be much appreciated. Thanks. Cheers
Old 3rd November 2017, 20:47   #964
BHPian

Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
My pick Karcher, Made in Germany and absolutely reliable. Using Karcher K2.180 for a year now, does a fab job cleaning car, terrace, safety grills, etc. Go ahead with Karcher & you won't regret it.
Hi El Lobo,

I just got Karcher K3 Premium delivered to me from Amazon at a price of 15,055 but no manual was provided, i am trying to understand online if any mandatory things that i need to follow while using it for the first time - Any advice you may have. I also seek clarification on the following:
1) My water hose is close to 100 feet long which i have been using for 2 years and it is full of algae sediments inside - although i am planning to clean rinse the hose with baking soda, i am worried if the those sediments will harm the machine - Any suggestions you have?
2) K3 is self primming one and i thought of drawing water from a clean bucket but no self primming suction hose was provided with the machine and i noticed that suction hose from Karcher (just few meters of regular hose which will cost 200 bucks in local hardware shop) will cost be 2500 INR, can i purchase normal hose locally and use it in bucket without any filter at its tail end?

Please advice, thanks.
Old 4th November 2017, 01:06   #965
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandharamanp View Post
I just got Karcher K3 Premium delivered to me from Amazon at a price of 15,055 but no manual was provided, i am trying to understand online if any mandatory things that i need to follow while using it for the first time
Dear Anand congrats on the Karcher. Mine is going strong since 5.5 yrs. You can use Karcher International website to get the manual. Do read it up. A must.

Quote:
1) My water hose is close to 100 feet long which i have been using for 2 years and it is full of algae sediments inside - although i am planning to clean rinse the hose with baking soda, i am worried if the those sediments will harm the machine - Any suggestions you have?
I would strongly urge you to buy & use Karcher Water Filter Order number: 4.730-059.0.

I'm using it from Day 1 since Feb 2012. After completing a cleaning session with Karcher; there is always sediments or other things caught up. You know water quality in India. If I didn't use the Karcher Water Filter; the machine wouldn't have lasted this long. The Filter connects at the water inlet input. Get it and do not use machine until you find one unless you are using aquaguard water.

Here is link to Amazon India:
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B0000AITPL/...oding=UTF8&me=
https://machpowertools.com/karcher-w...karcher&page=3

Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-karcher-water-filter.jpg

Quote:
2) K3 is self primming one and i thought of drawing water from a clean bucket but no self primming suction hose was provided with the machine and i noticed that suction hose from Karcher (just few meters of regular hose which will cost 200 bucks in local hardware shop) will cost be 2500 INR, can i purchase normal hose locally and use it in bucket without any filter at its tail end?
The inlet pipe diameter is 1/2 inch if I'm not wrong. Get a braided water pipe from any hardware shop. Do not go for non braided as it tends to twist blocking water flow.

Use the Karcher 1/2 inlet coupling connector to connect the water pipe to water inlet of Karcher.

Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-karcher-coupling-hose.jpg

Amazon link:
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B008GTKT3U/...oding=UTF8&me=

So here is how it will be like (same is with my Karcher)

Braided Water pipe > Inlet Coupling Connector > Karcher Water Filter > Karcher K2 water inlet.

Let me know if you have any queries. Happy to help.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2017, 09:10   #966
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Anand congrats on the Karcher. Mine is going strong since 5.5 yrs. You can use Karcher International website to get the manual. Do read it up. A must.

I would strongly urge you to buy & use Karcher Water Filter Order number: 4.730-059.0.
Glad to hear that it yours is working great and i can correlate to your up keeping

There is one Water filter inbuilt in K3 where you fit hose. It is white in color. will that suffice or should i buy one more, picture below.
Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-img_1127.jpg

Quote:
The inlet pipe diameter is 1/2 inch if I'm not wrong. Get a braided water pipe from any hardware shop. Do not go for non braided as it tends to twist blocking water flow.

Use the Karcher 1/2 inlet coupling connector to connect the water pipe to water inlet of Karcher.

Sure , i have already bought the Karcher hose coupler, will make sure i get a braided water hose, thanks for your expert suggestions, it definitely helps
Old 4th November 2017, 23:32   #967
BHPian

Quote:

There is one Water filter inbuilt in K3 where you fit hose. It is white in color. will that suffice or should i buy one more, picture below.
Dear El lobo,

Need a help from you:

After reading your post on your K2.180 purchase, i understood that you are referring to an additional water filter apart from the factory fitted ones. I will go ahead and purchase one. pasting the picture of connector set you had got here:
Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-conector-set.jpg

I am trying to locate the first part of the connector online(already have ordered the second part), I require your help in confirming if i have located the right one(in link below) as you have used
https://www.amazon.in/FEMALE-ADAPTER...K8CEMC35V8VD5N

I have purchased a braided 1/2 inch hose of 3 metres which is very good quality (similar to one sold by Karcher for 3K+INR but with filters) for 165 INR, wondering why Karcher prices it so high.
Old 5th November 2017, 00:55   #968
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am trying to locate the first part of the connector online(already have ordered the second part), I require your help in confirming if i have located the right one(in link below) as you have used
https://www.amazon.in/FEMALE-ADAPTER...K8CEMC35V8VD5N
Looking at the 1st image I'm not able to make out whether the connector has thread or not. That is the only doubt. Do give it a try.

What you need is a 3/4 to 1/2 reducer.

You can look at the following:

https://www.ebay.in/itm/331951521981...ource=Sok-Goog
https://www.amazon.in/GreenAge-REDUC...CWCKN7KGRANCWJ
Old 1st December 2017, 00:22   #969
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1692222

Amazon link:
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B008GTKT3U/...oding=UTF8&me=

So here is how it will be like (same is with my Karcher)

Braided Water pipe > Inlet Coupling Connector > Karcher Water Filter > Karcher K2 water inlet.

Let me know if you have any queries. Happy to help.
I bought a Bosch AQT-35/12 Pressure washer which is a self-priming one. However, I could only use it with tap connection, it couldn't suction the water in from a bucket.
So, do I need the self priming pipe kit, or a braided water hose will do ?
Thanks
Old 1st December 2017, 09:42   #970
BHPian

A braided water hose should be sufficient to pull water from any stagnant source, i recently bought Karcher K3 premium and as per el lobo's suggestion , i bought a braided water hose for 3 meters(165 rs) and an extrrnal water filter costing 1400 rs and connected both to the machine. The external filter heleped me by filtering huge amount of dusts from entering the machine. I only thank el lobo each time i see accumulated dirt in the filter

Not sure if the same filter will be compatible with Bosch.
Old 2nd December 2017, 23:37   #971
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
However, I could only use it with tap connection, it couldn't suction the water in from a bucket.
When you use bucket instead of tap; you need to keep the trigger gun pressed to release air. Else the air present within the pipe & system would have no place to go out.

Quote:
So, do I need the self priming pipe kit, or a braided water hose will do ?
Get a Braided one. It doesn't bend and lasts longer. You will need requisite connectors as per the inlet pipe.

I think, if you have already tried a bucket, pipe shouldn't make any difference. Keep the trigger gun pressed (open) to release air within system; that should allow suction of water to happen.

Get the Bosch F016800363 Water Filter Pressure Washer Accessory. Available on Amazon for Rs. 429 and sold by Cloudail India. So its genuine. Must have.

Quote:
The external filter heleped me by filtering huge amount of dusts from entering the machine. I only thank el lobo each time i see accumulated dirt in the filter
Happy to be of help.
Old 3rd December 2017, 00:32   #972
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
When you use bucket instead of tap; you need to keep the trigger gun pressed to release air. Else the air present within the pipe & system would have no place to go out.

Get a Braided one. It doesn't bend and lasts longer. You will need requisite connectors as per the inlet pipe.

I think, if you have already tried a bucket, pipe shouldn't make any difference. Keep the trigger gun pressed (open) to release air within system; that should allow suction of water to happen.

Get the Bosch F016800363 Water Filter Pressure Washer Accessory. Available on Amazon for Rs. 429 and sold by Cloudail India. So its genuine. Must have.
Happy to be of help.
Thanks. I tried to press the washer gun trigger, but water didn't spray. How long should I keep the trigger pressed ? I think i tried for 20-30 seconds and it wasn't working. As per the manual/videos, turning the machine on, motor makes sound for a while, and then shuts off unless gun trigger is pressed. This happens if I connect to tap, but not with the bucket ...

The filter is already provided in the Bosch kit, let me try once more with a braided pipe.
Thanks again for your inputs!
Old 3rd December 2017, 15:38   #973
Distinguished - BHPian

(tl;dr: braid probably doesn't make much difference with these kinds of pipe, rubber hoses are good but I can't be sure they would work for this)

Who remembers waxed-paper drinking straws? If the liquid beat the wax, they would colapse, and no more sucking. One cannot suck through a pipe that collapses any more than one can push a piece of string.

Look at the pumps for flood-water clearance. The outlet hose can be of the canvas-based "fireman's" type of hose, but, of course that cannot be used at the suction side of the pump. For that, we use the hard plastic pipe (I don't know what plastic?) with the spiral reinforcement. That will not collapse even if you stand on it.

With the garden-hose type of thing that is being used for these pressure pumps, the same thing applies. All that matters is that the suction hose will not collapse. I doubt that there is very much pressure on the sucking side of these devices anyway: remember that they work with pretty moderate tap-water pressure.

I am not particularly impressed by the braided hoses. It may add some resilience, but it is only a thread, and would have to be something like steel to do much duty in working against pressure, either from inside (like the gas bottle hoses, or, even more, compressed-air hoses) not some cotton-like stuff. I think it is, in a garden hose, mostly there for show! We can't see it, but I suspect that the outlet pressure washer hose may be braided.

If you cannot see that your suction hose is collapsing, then this is certainly not the problem anyway.

The problem with most hardware-store garden hoses is that the material is too hard and lacks flexibility. The former may be good for a suction hose, but the latter means kinks. Kinks are inevitable in a longish hose, unless it is stored on a rotating reel, but what happens when we get the kinks out? In these cheaper hoses, the material has deformed and does not spring back: we have to work the hose by hand to restore its roundness and flow capacity. OK, yes everyone who has watered a garden knows this.

What doesn't kink. Oh, man! Not nothing don't never not kink . What recovers from kinks easily? Rubber. A good rubber hose will spring back to round-and-flowing as soon as the kink is released. It is also lighter, nicer to handle, probably longer-lasting, and superior in every way... but it is expensive compared to the local-shop stuff. I know this because I have one in the garden (Amazon link) which I have never regretted buying.

But I cannot say if it would work as a pressure washer suction tube. Despite its softness, it is fairly robust, and I think maybe it would. I'd try it out (despite reluctance to cut off a piece) if I had such a washer but I don't.

So... I hope this ambling discourse on the nature of pipes and hoses (and plug for made-in-India Zephyr: no affiliation, I'm just a happy buyer) has not been entirely a waste of the readers' time!
Old 3rd December 2017, 19:32   #974
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think i tried for 20-30 seconds
Try for 2-3 minute. You should see water moving in through the transparent braided pipe to confirm that suction is happening.

It takes time to remove complete air and build the pressure. If you have access to tap water; nothing better than that.

With bucket you will need to keep topping up and see to that water level doesn't go below inlet of pipe. Otherwise air will enter the system and you will have to repeat the exercise of removing air all over again.
Old 5th December 2017, 18:16   #975
Senior - BHPian

Also suck the water into the pipe to get if flowing from the bucket before plugging it into the washer. Otherwise I dont think it will happen on its own

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks