Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2012, 13:04   #211
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Buying & Using a Pressure Washer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinojohnt View Post
I can vouch for this - whenever I take my alto near other Altos that were bought during the same period (at my native place), people exclaim that the paint of my car looks new. They use normal cloth wash, while I use a pressure washer.

Pressure washer uses very less water, and negate this gain by using 1000W electricity

True,but the guilt of wasting water is much more than the guilt experienced by wasting electricity!! Also because of the pressure washer the time taken to wash down a car is much much lesser!! I wash and wipe my i20 dry in an hour when i use Bosch aquatec.Otherwise it takes upto 2 hours. One more advantage is no need to use soap to remove the dirt IF you have waxed the car regularly.Due to the high pressure the dirt is easily ripped off form the surface.Only the toughest of the dirts would need some elbow grease.

And the peace of mind to clean the underbody in rainy season when there is a nagging feeling of it being covered in dirt without having to take it to a washer and pay him 100 bucks

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 29th March 2012 at 13:07.
Old 29th March 2012, 13:53   #212
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh
I happened to take a demo at home of this Eureka Forbes Vacuum Cleaner, XForce. It has a Car Wash Adapter as seen in

-----------------

I think this could very well serve as car washer alongwith household vacuum cleaner with the kind of power (suction and blower) it has.
This is not a pressure wash it can just spray water and point jet as good as squeezing a garden hose. I had an older ver of this with me.

I used to paint with the bottle attachment though
Jaggu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2012, 14:24   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
This is not a pressure wash it can just spray water and point jet as good as squeezing a garden hose. I had an older ver of this with me.

I used to paint with the bottle attachment though
True. I tried doing computation of the pressure and it is far from pressure wash requirement Just ok for an overtly wash probably just like the pressurized garden hose.
Old 7th April 2012, 08:03   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Exactly . I bought it from a hardware shop in tvpm.

Can you please give me the details of the shop at Trivandrum and the cost of the said pump ? Is it still working? What is the input voltage ?
Old 7th April 2012, 15:25   #215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajanpt View Post
Can you please give me the details of the shop at Trivandrum and the cost of the said pump ? Is it still working? What is the input voltage ?
It was some 8-9 years ago. So don't remember the shop.
And what I was talking about is not a pump. Just a plastic nozzle which attaches to a hose pipe and gives you an increased pressure. It is available very commonly in hardware shops and I have even seen them being sold on road-sides.
Old 11th April 2012, 12:50   #216
BHPian

My Bosch Aquatak pressure washer failed today.
The motor is running but there is no pressure-water output.

There is oil leaking from below the unit.
I plan to give it for service.

It is three years and six months old (bought at Rs.8,500) and I have already spent Rs.2,500 on it when the motor got burnt, about two years back .
Old 14th June 2012, 23:53   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
My Bosch Aquatak pressure washer failed today.
The motor is running but there is no pressure-water output.

There is oil leaking from below the unit.
I plan to give it for service.

It is three years and six months old (bought at Rs.8,500) and I have already spent Rs.2,500 on it when the motor got burnt, about two years back .
Did you get it repaired at the Bosch dealer ? My Aquatek bought for Rs. 8500 was quoted Rs. 3500 by the dealer for repair and replacement of some parts. Took it back from him and still trying to figure out if what to do? Spending that money just after 1 year of use is not a wise idea and I am looking out for local shops in TVM who can repair it. Any ideas?
Old 15th June 2012, 14:57   #218
BHPian

had been Metro saw Karcher presure washer on display ,model k3.550 is available for 12499,MRP 16,000. and also there was this german brandEinhell India

has anyone heard about this brand , this was available for 6500/- . I am looking to buy a presure washer and don't know which one to buy.
Old 15th June 2012, 15:27   #219
BANNED

I have a Karcher which I bought in the UK in 1991 still working.
Old 15th June 2012, 18:16   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajanpt View Post
Did you get it repaired at the Bosch dealer ? My Aquatek bought for Rs. 8500 was quoted Rs. 3500 by the dealer for repair and replacement of some parts. Took it back from him and still trying to figure out if what to do? Spending that money just after 1 year of use is not a wise idea and I am looking out for local shops in TVM who can repair it. Any ideas?
Not yet repaired. I have sent it to the dealer and waiting for an estimate.
(The dealer is 60 kms from my home town and he has to send it to their head-office at Tiruchi which is 300 kms more!, so will take time).
I also wanted to ask for an exchange offer with a new one if the estimate is high.

I must say that I got addicted to it, the Bosh-Aquatak did an wonderful job and I miss it.
Old 16th June 2012, 08:08   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
had been Metro saw Karcher presure washer on display ,model k3.550 is available for 12499,MRP 16,000. and also there was this german brandEinhell India

has anyone heard about this brand , this was available for 6500/- . I am looking to buy a presure washer and don't know which one to buy.
Karcher is a renowned brand making industrial cleaning solutions. They make a wide variety of cleaning solutions, including a mobile cleaner that has 4 wheels (about the size of a Tata Ace) and needs to be driven around . They were present earlier through a distributor in India, but now have moved in with a full-fledged office.

Buy it, you can't go wrong with this brand.
Old 6th July 2012, 12:01   #222
BHPian

had been to Metro yday , now they have a affordable Karcher model K2.110 on Sale( 1300W / 100 bar / 4m hose ) . It is available for 7995 , freebies include a ps 40 power scrubber + foam nozzle .guess would be more reliable compared to bosch / B&D

planning to pickup one this weekend .
Old 6th July 2012, 17:23   #223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
had been to Metro yday , now they have a affordable Karcher model K2.110 on Sale( 1300W / 100 bar / 4m hose ) . It is available for 7995 , freebies include a ps 40 power scrubber + foam nozzle .guess would be more reliable compared to bosch / B&D

The Karcher is an excellent product. It is a bit expensive at around 18,000 with all options for car washing but its worth the money.

You would get 2 Bosch machines for the same money but Bosch is not as good in quality as Karcher.
Old 8th July 2012, 12:46   #224
BHPian

I bought a Bosch aquatak 100 plus for 9000/-rs last week. But it is not giving the expected results. Now its almost one month since I washed my car and along with the rain here in kerala my ride did have some good amount of dirt on it. Dirt had formed a small layer on my cars surface. But when I tried the aquatak on that I was surprised to see that it was not able to clean it. Later I used a cloth to clean it off. Now after 3 days of trying the aquatak I used it again on my car today and found that it is able to clean the car. But still dirt on the lower portions of the car (on the stone guard and portions below the door beading) still requires me to clean it. What could be the issue? I experience sufficient recoil on the gun and when tried on the walls (using the roto nozzle) it did peel off some paint which shows that it is producing adequate pressure. I use a nozzle called flexi jet on the car. Should I use a different nozzle (like the roto nozzle). I am afraid whether it will damage the paint! Guys who own this please let me know whether it can clean hardened dirt easily without having us to wipe it off?
Old 8th July 2012, 13:58   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna

Does metro still require that card to purchase products from them? Is there anyway to get my hands on a card at this date? Id really like to have one as the prices there are tempting but i hear without a card they wont let us purchase :(

Most Viewed