Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2012, 11:51   #196
BHPian

re: Buying & Using a Pressure Washer

Quote:
Originally Posted by myshanks View Post

Also it is general engineering and common sense that metal should never be washed with water.

shanks
But what about painted metal ? Metal is usually painted to avoid issues of corrosion & make it easier to clean with water/detergent etc. If the metal is painted, then it is good enough to be washed! Add to it, the teflon coating and other such processes being done today, washing can be done everyday, if you have the patience & energy.

Coming to water soluble paints, So what happens to a water soluble paint in the event of rain ? Imagine the same car being sold in Rajasthan & Kerala? Would the paint be different for heavy monsoon regions? I think it is safe enough to wash our cars with water & detergent. High pressure washing is little unsafe (can cause paint chip off etc) but usual water wash is fine and little pressure wash should be good as well.

Once dried or baked in the paint box, i think it makes very little difference whether the paint is water soluble or oil emulsion. It will remain on the metal for a long time, like it or not
Old 28th March 2012, 12:05   #197
Team-BHP Support

A diffused 100 bar spray will not cause paint chipping, pointed also will not cause chipping, unless you manage to find an already chipped area and point it at the edge or something.

The B&D or Bosch units are amateur stuff and nowhere close to professional wash pressure, which the car body surface has been designed/prepared for. In my opinion it avoids lot of scrubbing which inturn will keep the polish and shine for long.
Old 28th March 2012, 12:11   #198
BANNED

@kri$na; No fears. The 100bar beomes pretty low once the jet leaves the nozzle. I have used my Kärcher many times both in the UK and here. even on oldies like 118NE, M800, etc. Never an issue on this. The washing is far more effective, but rust etc. is the same as after washing the car with water. As an aside, if you spray the water (obliquely with great care, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED) on your palm it feels almost dry. It just bounces off.
Old 28th March 2012, 18:30   #199
Distinguished - BHPian

Found this heavy duty pressure washer in Kolkata, quoted at 9700 INR.
Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-dsc07549k300.jpg
Old 28th March 2012, 21:59   #200
Distinguished - BHPian

I use a Bosch Aquatec 100 Plus. The major plus point of the pressure washers is the amount of water consumed for cleaning . They are very efficient compared to washing the car with a garden hose!

Jaggu,can you post the pic of the attachments,especially the revolving one
Old 28th March 2012, 22:40   #201
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki
I use a Bosch Aquatec 100 Plus. The major plus point of the pressure washers is the amount of water consumed for cleaning . They are very efficient compared to washing the car with a garden hose!

Jaggu,can you post the pic of the attachments,especially the revolving one
Here you go. All the attachments and the close up of the revolving jet. I can see a white ball with a jet opening at the tip of that attachment (close up pic).
Attached Thumbnails
Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-image241809403.jpg  

Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-image2971717583.jpg  

Jaggu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th March 2012, 22:56   #202
BHPian

I bought the same Bosch 100 plus for 8600 in cochin.It cleans the surface like a charm. One of the other nozzle can actually clean our walls or tiles very easily.
Old 29th March 2012, 08:48   #203
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu

Here you go. All the attachments and the close up of the revolving jet. I can see a white ball with a jet opening at the tip of that attachment (close up pic).
What is that longest attachment with a bend at the end?

Each of these attachments go into the gun is it?

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 29th March 2012 at 08:51.
Old 29th March 2012, 09:07   #204
BANNED

Some into the gun, but most into the handle (one looks like a gun, and normally can be separated). My Kärcher had a brass nozzle and the setting can be switched to fan from jet by rotating the front end.
Old 29th March 2012, 09:22   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
My guess is that it's an attachment to clean areas that are not easily accessible with a straight pipe, like the car under-body or roof. Actual owners could validate this.

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2012, 09:40   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
In my opinion it avoids lot of scrubbing which inturn will keep the polish and shine for long.
I can vouch for this - whenever I take my alto near other Altos that were bought during the same period (at my native place), people exclaim that the paint of my car looks new. They use normal cloth wash, while I use a pressure washer.

Quote:
The major plus point of the pressure washers is the amount of water consumed for cleaning . They are very efficient compared to washing the car with a garden hose!
Pressure washer uses very less water, and negate this gain by using 1000W electricity
Old 29th March 2012, 09:55   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
My guess is that it's an attachment to clean areas that are not easily accessible with a straight pipe, like the car under-body or roof. Actual owners could validate this.

Cheers,
Vikram
It's for underbody cleaning, I have seen similar to this with attached small wheel as well for a better support and movement.
Old 29th March 2012, 10:07   #208
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Each of these attachments go into the gun is it?
Current pic, the gun has an extender already attached. Most of the attachment goes into this. The long angled one is for underbody and hard to reach area. It has to control the output from jet to flat spray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post

Cheers,
Vikram
Yup^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
It's for underbody cleaning, I have seen similar to this with attached small wheel as well for a better support and movement.
Yup i have seen this at Total mall car spa, you can rest it on the ground and do back and forth movement for easy clean.
Old 29th March 2012, 12:46   #209
Senior - BHPian

I happened to take a demo at home of this Eureka Forbes Vacuum Cleaner, XForce. It has a Car Wash Adapter as seen in the pics.

The specs are:
Power: 1400 W
Suction Power: 2200-2400 mm WC
Blower Efficiency: 35-40 lts/sec
Weight: 5.1 kg
Price: Rs 8490/-
Offer: Additional accessories bag and vacuum zip pouches and lifetime free service
Features: Variable Power and hence suction and blower

This is a Direct Marketing product from Eureka Forbes.

I found it decently portable, easy to lift and carry.

Unfortunately could not get the demo of the Car Wash Adapter that would work from the blower end and it could also fit the Precision Cleaner nozzle to make it into a jet.

I think this could very well serve as car washer alongwith household vacuum cleaner with the kind of power (suction and blower) it has.

Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-eureka-forbes-xforce-set-details.jpg

Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-eureka-forbes-xforce_leaflet-8.5k_page_2.jpg
Old 29th March 2012, 12:57   #210
Senior - BHPian

If it can do Vaccumming as well as Pressure washing, I think it's worth it. What is the pressure of the washer? My pressure-washer has a spec of 90/100 bar which I feel is on the lower side. (Prices shoot up exponentially when the available pressure increases.)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks