Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2011, 10:32   #181
BHPian

re: Buying & Using a Pressure Washer

RKM Cleaning Products: Buy RKM Car High Pressure Washer with Free Tool Kit Flashlight at Lowest Price Rs. 2,999 in India | FutureBazaar.com

For 2999/- seems to be a good deal.
Old 2nd January 2012, 12:22   #182
BHPian

Folks,

Among Bosch and Black & Decker, which one would you go for.
I checked out both in Metro and am confused on which one makes sense.

Black & Decker offers 6 months warranty and home service. While Bosch comes with none.

Please advise existing owners and those who have already researched on this subject.

I have gone thru all the previous posts and have one instance of somebody returning the Black & Decker one for plumbing issues. Any other owners of the Black & Decker, please share your inputs.

Cheers
Old 2nd January 2012, 12:38   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahakar View Post
Folks,

Among Bosch and Black & Decker, which one would you go for.
I checked out both in Metro and am confused on which one makes sense.

Black & Decker offers 6 months warranty and home service. While Bosch comes with none.

Please advise existing owners and those who have already researched on this subject.

I have gone thru all the previous posts and have one instance of somebody returning the Black & Decker one for plumbing issues. Any other owners of the Black & Decker, please share your inputs.

Cheers
Bosch Comes with a 6 months warranty and I have replaced the Gun under warranty just now due to a leak.No idea about Black n Decker.
Old 2nd January 2012, 12:43   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prass View Post
Bosch Comes with a 6 months warranty and I have replaced the Gun under warranty just now due to a leak.No idea about Black n Decker.
Unfortunately, the Metro folks are telling me no warranty on the Bosch.

Cheers
Old 2nd January 2012, 12:52   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahakar View Post
Unfortunately, the Metro folks are telling me no warranty on the Bosch.

Cheers
Please check with other dealers in the city. To locate an authorized dealer, use this link Bosch Power Tools - Trade / Industry - Dealers
Old 21st January 2012, 18:29   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullboy View Post
what is the pressure in bars that the service center guys use to clean the car.
Can I have the answer for this question.

I am also looking one, but also need to use it for bathroom floor and wall cleaning.

shanks
Old 22nd January 2012, 09:17   #187
BHPian

I am not sure about the service backup of black & decker but the Bosch has served me well for over a year and a half. And i just got it serviced and is as good as new. So service wise id say Bosch, at least in Chennai.
VANOS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2012, 15:14   #188
Team-BHP Support

With five 4 wheelers and two 2 wheeler in the garage, it was becoming a royal headache when it came to cleaning them and water usage to add to the woe. My cars were limited to wash every 2 weeks or so, still it was a pain. Finally decided to take the plunge and go for a pressure wash system.

Picked up a Black & Decker piece from Metro yesterday, its a super compact and light unit with 100 bar and EDIT: 1500 Watt consumption. Relatively silent unit with automatic pressure sensor that will switch off the unit when the jet is not being used. It has 3 attachment, pressure jet/spray, a revolving jet and detergent dispenser that came with the kit and an additional bend/angled spray system for under body and difficult to reach area, which came separate (its a deal i guess).

MRP about 10k but got it for 6,700 INR.

Took about 10 minutes to assemble the pieces, another 5 mts to plug in the water supply and the system was up and running. Used it to hose the Swift and Gypsy down and am mighty impressed.

Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-photo.jpg

Water consumption was only about 1/4 or even lesser, wastage is minimal since water is consumed only when the nozzle is on. System goes to stand by when the handle is not pressed. Inlet hose was kept at very minimal pressure. Swift had dust, dropping from tree's and few bird droppings. But cleaning was a breeze. One round of pressure wash, gentle wipe and another rinse pressure wash and vehicle was clean. Didn't even use the car shampoo. Tires are also nice and black with a little focused spray.

Paisa wasool i would say, let me see how long this will last

Last edited by Jaggu : 19th March 2012 at 20:48.
Jaggu is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 27th March 2012, 11:59   #189
BHPian

Good you are happy with the system. I also understand that most of the cars today are painted with water soluble paints and we should not use high pressure water jet at all. Hand wiping I was told is the best.

shanks
Old 27th March 2012, 12:24   #190
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by myshanks View Post
Good you are happy with the system. I also understand that most of the cars today are painted with water soluble paints and we should not use high pressure water jet at all. Hand wiping I was told is the best.

shanks
Water soluble paints does not literally mean that they dissolve in water. Its just that they use water based solvents instead of other chemical based solvents for the actual process of painting, and hence more environment friendly. IIRC Merc is using this system in India plant.

Update: Used the detergent dispenser can also, this attachment makes it super convenient to do the shampoo wash. Just like what 3M guys use spray the detergent and use cloth/microfiber to scrub those tough to remove stains. I used Sonax concentrate with water in the bottle, 1:4 mix.

The best attachment for car wash seems to be the rotating spray which is actually used to clean garden floor. Takes minimal water and max coverage
Old 27th March 2012, 12:39   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
.........another 5 mts to plug in the water supply and the system was up and running. Used it to hose the Swift and Gypsy down and am mighty impressed.
Hi! Sorry if this has been answered earlier in the thread, but is this gadget useful only if there's a running water supply? Or does it have a compartment to fill water [using a bucket] and then using it to pressure wash the vehicle?

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 27th March 2012, 12:44   #192
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Hi! Sorry if this has been answered earlier in the thread, but is this gadget useful only if there's a running water supply? Or does it have a compartment to fill water [using a bucket] and then using it to pressure wash the vehicle?

Cheers,
Vikram

I haven't tried it but its supposed to pull water from sumps, bucket etc.

There are smaller 20 liter tanks available which would be ideal for this device where there are no access to taps/flowing water. This tank can be connected to the device using a hose. Saw this in metro while Bosch was doing the demo of their unit.
Jaggu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2012, 11:13   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Water soluble paints does not literally mean that they dissolve in water. Its just that they use water based solvents instead of other chemical based solvents for the actual process of painting, and hence more environment friendly. IIRC Merc is using this system in India plant.

Update: Used the detergent dispenser can also, this attachment makes it super convenient to do the shampoo wash. Just like what 3M guys use spray the detergent and use cloth/microfiber to scrub those tough to remove stains. I used Sonax concentrate with water in the bottle, 1:4 mix.

The best attachment for car wash seems to be the rotating spray which is actually used to clean garden floor. Takes minimal water and max coverage
Ha ha ha I never ment the paint would dissolve. However, I am no expert but read this

Differences Between Water Based and Oil Based Paint

Also it is general engineering and common sense that metal should never be washed with water.

shanks
Old 28th March 2012, 11:31   #194
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by myshanks View Post
Ha ha ha I never ment the paint would dissolve. However, I am no expert but read this

Differences Between Water Based and Oil Based Paint

Also it is general engineering and common sense that metal should never be washed with water.

shanks

You have got the wrong article, this is about general paint. Not automotive water based paint!

Also what they say about water based drying fast is incorrect, it actually dries up slow (in automotive paint- scheme of things) since water evaporates slowly where as the chemicals dry up faster. So it requires more baking.

Metal when protected properly, either by treating (like most automobile shell) OR when protected by paint or other covering agent, they will survive water and more importantly other harmful substances like salt. Please note that paint is not directly applied to metal, so don't worry basic chemistry wont harm.

This is the same engineering at work, that gave us better rust protection for our vehicles.

Last edited by Jaggu : 28th March 2012 at 11:49.
Old 28th March 2012, 11:42   #195
BANNED

@jaggu; Damages? Also are accessories like drain cleaner available for it. I have a Kärcher which we bought in the UK in 1991 with me. I have not used it for the past few years so it may have run its life.

I will not use these for clearing out sumps etc. The pump works at high pressure (800-1000bar) and will easily get damaged by the much in the sump.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks