Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2009, 20:52   #61
BHPian

Saw two guys carrying a yellow/green coloured box which appeared like a pressure washer on a bike near SP road. Appeared like a chinese model, with Trendy(I think) written on it. Couldnt ask them.

Was wondering if anyone here knows about such models (inexpensive, but relatively reliable to use) which can be bought for home use.
Old 14th October 2009, 01:04   #62
Senior - BHPian

nandansrinivas,

The 15 minute thing is utter rubbish, they are just trying to justify their products lack of performance by spinning haf truths to you.

My small domestic karcher which I bought 10 odd years ago used to go for hours at a time when I was cleaning paths in the garden. It broke last year and was replaced with a rebadged karcher which uses a superior induction motor and came with a 3 year warranty. You should ask for a refund as you appear to have been sold a lemon.

null,

The chinese models are very poor quality. I had one for a few days and the interconnections on it leaked and it performed poorly so I took it back.

Also for thse using these for washing, only do so using a variable lance unless you want to damage the clearcoat on your car.
Old 14th October 2009, 07:11   #63
BHPian

Bigman,

You are right !

I do know that 15 minutes funda is rubbish. But then i have bought falling for BOSCH name ( Also bit of brand loyalty, since they are my client in Bangalore from the day i started off my business).

I hope not that they have sold a lemon, my fear is whether this lemon is a ROTTEN ONE. If its rotten one, i cannot even make a FRESH LIME out of it.

I suggest caution to all our guys out here about this product from Bosch.

After i bought this, i understood that K-Archer is better one.

My option is only one now, i should use it till i recover the money i spent on this carefully, since they say, will not refund the money, when i asked for a refund.
Old 14th October 2009, 12:30   #64
Senior - BHPian

nandansrinivas,

Not even all Karcher are good. A decade or so ago they made very reliable pressure washers affordable by all. A few years ago they shifted production of the low end washers to China and low and behold they began to have problems. The only karcher you can rely on are those with induction motors in them but they are 4x the price of a low end model.
Old 14th October 2009, 14:09   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
nandansrinivas,

Not even all Karcher are good. A decade or so ago they made very reliable pressure washers affordable by all. A few years ago they shifted production of the low end washers to China and low and behold they began to have problems. The only karcher you can rely on are those with induction motors in them but they are 4x the price of a low end model.

Big,

By the way, the stuff i bought is made in China too !
Old 14th October 2009, 14:28   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
nandansrinivas,

The only karcher you can rely on are those with induction motors in them but they are 4x the price of a low end model.
How much would these cost for starting range ?
Do you have specific model that you bought and how much was it ?

Last edited by black12rr : 14th October 2009 at 14:29.
Old 18th December 2009, 14:36   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
My Bosch Aquatak, one year old failed with a burnt smell .
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingshukt View Post
HYM-VA-70 HIGH PRESSURE CLEANER = INR Rs 7250/- Ex factory Noida. See Hymatic Agro - Manufacturers of Agricultural Sprayers & Dusters under new products.
Product is guaranteed for 6 months
Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
Recently I saw an Ad for Bosch Aquatak. It retails for about 7K in Kolkata, might come down to 5.5K at Metro Cash and Carry.
But please post some reviews.
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboindia View Post
There is a cheaper and very good option available in Cochin. I dont know whether they haev dealers elsewhere. You guys can check their site
WOODPECKER-INDIA -:-|-:- Quick and Quality Finish -:-|-:- Woodpecker Products
There seem to be multiple options in pressure washers, from imported stuff like Bosch/Karcher/Black & Decker, to the desi ones like Hymatic and Woodpecker. Even Bosch does not appear to be fail-safe. Desi appears to have the advantage of ease of service in case of breakdowns.

Anyone here who can share ownership and usage experiences regarding the Hymatic and Woodpecker units?
Old 18th December 2009, 15:01   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Desi appears to have the advantage of ease of service in case of breakdowns.

Anyone here who can share ownership and usage experiences regarding the Hymatic and Woodpecker units?
I have Hymatic and have been using it. Hymatic does not have the plethora of attachments that Bosch has but it is working faultlessly till date.

Being in Pune, I do not have the advantage of their service. But Delhi-ites can get their piece serviced by sending it to their workshop.
Old 18th December 2009, 15:51   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingshukt View Post
I have Hymatic and have been using it.
How long have you had it, and how frequently do you use it? Do you feel it does the job adequately - at least, up to your expectations?
Old 18th December 2009, 16:20   #70
BHPian

Hey SS,

i have had Bosch for quite sometime now. Have had no issues tilldate. I use it almost every alternate day to wash the cars we have at home.

I have really liked it and works nice. The best attachment it has is the mudguard cleaner.

This is for your information.
Old 18th December 2009, 16:25   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
How long have you had it, and how frequently do you use it? Do you feel it does the job adequately - at least, up to your expectations?
I think I got it ~ 6-8 months back. It is working perfectly.

I use it ~ once in 15 days (This is the approximate average - more usage in the rainy season and less now)
Old 18th December 2009, 16:53   #72
BHPian

Out of curiosity just a thought (Because i do the same) :

Price of Pressure washing a car at local Pump station with out polishing : 100 rs.
Cost of Portable washer : 7000 rs.
Number of washes : 70
Average number of days between a wash : 15 days
Time to consume 7000rs = (70*15) = 1050 days or 2.87 years.

So why not just get it washed.

i do it because i have a washing station very nearby & as a loyal customer he gives me discount & a above normal wash quality too

PS : No offence to anybody though

Last edited by SamtheLeo : 18th December 2009 at 16:54.
Old 18th December 2009, 17:04   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamtheLeo View Post
Out of curiosity just a thought (Because i do the same) :

Price of Pressure washing a car at local Pump station with out polishing : 100 rs.
Cost of Portable washer : 7000 rs.
Number of washes : 70
Average number of days between a wash : 15 days
Time to consume 7000rs = (70*15) = 1050 days or 2.87 years.

So why not just get it washed.

i do it because i have a washing station very nearby & as a loyal customer he gives me discount & a above normal wash quality too

PS : No offence to anybody though
Non taken.

I do not use it only for car washing. It is used to clean the walls of our house, the porch roof etc. The porch roof is ~ 10-15 feet high. With the pressurised washer, it is a breeze.
Old 18th December 2009, 17:05   #74
Senior - BHPian

Pardon my ignorance. I have a basic question. Do these high pressure washers need running water connection e.g. a hose connected to the tap supplying water continuously, or, do they work off the stored water source like a bucket too?

Also do they require 15amp (large) power plugs or normal (5amp) power plugs?

Is there any model which can work off the car battery- less pressure is fine?

tia,

-BJ
Old 18th December 2009, 17:09   #75
BHPian

hey sam,

You may be right in your working on the payback period. But i bought it for different reasons altogether. I bought to avoid,

1) Travelling to the station.
2) Waiting at the wash station.
3) Have a deadly watch on the cleaner washing the car.
4) Carry a cloth to the station ( i used to do it)
5) Carry the shampoo.
6) Monitor the usage of the shampoo.
7) Giving instructions to the cleaner to avoid any scratches.
8) Ensure a clean job is done.

In your case, you are getting the car washed every forthnight. I used to get it washed every four days once. So the trouble was more for me and all the more trouble to get the cars we have home.

the cost of getting the car washed here, i mean only the body wash is Rs.200 and full wash is Rs.350.

When i work out the cost of my washes with my frequency , my payback period will be less. More than anything else, i am very happy that i need not visit the wash station at all. What a relief it is ? i am one liberated man .

Most Viewed