Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2006, 12:09   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboindia
There is a cheaper and very good option available in Cochin. I dont know whether they haev dealers elsewhere. You guys can check their site
http://www.woodpeckerindia.com/products.htm
Thanks for the info Peter.

Do you have an approximate cost of the woodpecker models? I'm planning to pick one during my next home trip to Cochin.
Old 10th July 2006, 09:55   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Pings
jp1 - wonder if this will be of any help. Its not a portable option, that would depend on the length of hose used!

If you have a water tank with a pump (also called tullu pumps etc - the kinds used to pump up water to the overhead tank.) just take a connection off the pump discharge line. I've put a recirculation line back to the tank too to adjust pressure ( by bleeding off)
Hey Cap
great idea.
can you give some more details? How do you connect the recirc line, is it a tap off the output line, and how do you control the bleed-off pressure, is there some sort of valve on it? Your idea sounds really interesting, only thing is since it's not portable, the use around the house and garden is restricted. What was your total cost?
Old 10th July 2006, 11:31   #18
BHPian

pressure wash arrangement - fixed

1. domestic pump - used for pumping water up from ground level tank to top of building (Crompton Greaves - visit http://www.cglonline.com/cg/avs/home...sp-minimaster/
for more info)

2. T-piece on discharge line ; one side going to overhead tank (can beled back to ground tank also) and other connected with normal cock (connected with threaded nipple to allow hose to be fixed)

3. I connect the hose with two hose bands (also called jubilee clips?) and use a aluminium pipe ( 9mm, crimped at the end with a plier to make the jet) at the discharge end.

4. total cost - well, the pump if i remember correctly, cost me about 2000 and the piping / valves etc would depend on your installation. ( budget for about 3,500 - not accounting for water storage tank, piping to roof etc)

5. yes, the bleed-off amount (and hence discharge pressure required) is controlled by throttling the v/v installed on the line to the tank.

note: on the site you'll find many pumps which state that they are used for car washing also - those might be the more expensive ones. What one needs to look for is a model which has a good discharge head (that means it can pump water up to a certain height - which in other words - will develop a good discharge pressure)

also, the smaller the pump, the lesser the water consumption - an important aspect eh?

cheers, hope the above was of help! will post a picture below, but will pass on the comments about the untidiness of the installation - thanks!

bottom left - black colored water storage tank (partially submerged to keep water cool)

top right - discharge line going to overhead tank

top left - v/v to which i connect the hose for pressure wash (almost hidden behind the leaves!)

at present hose connected to fresh water line (nothing to do with the arrangement)
Old 15th April 2009, 11:54   #19
BHPian

HYM-VA-70 HIGH PRESSURE CLEANER = INR Rs 7250/- Ex factory Noida.
Please check Hymatic Agro - Manufacturers of Agricultural Sprayers & Dusters under new products.

This quote is directly from the company. (I do not have any link with this company. Just searched for pressure washer after reading this thread)

Mode of Payment: Online Transfer/RTGS/NEFT/Cheque/Cash to their ICICI/SBI account.

You will have to add some more for delivery to your door step.

Contact person is:

Siddharth Trehan
Manager (Operations)
HYMATIC AGRO EQUIPMENT PVT. LTD.

The product is guaranteed for 6 months.

Last edited by kingshukt : 15th April 2009 at 12:01.
Old 15th April 2009, 11:59   #20
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I bought a Bosch Aquatak 100 plus for about 7k. It's extremely good and comes with various attachments that aid in cleaning out the under chassis of the car, shampooing it, etc.

Also, the pressure is so intense that it completely removes the grease from the brake discs, insides of the wheel, the wheel arches etc.
Old 20th August 2009, 16:25   #21
Senior - BHPian

Bosch Aquatak

Its monsoons now in Kolkata, and my car looks like its been through hell everytime I go out for a spin. Its black, so the muck really shows up. Secondly, my car stays outdoors for upto 12 hrs a day, parked on the road near my office. When I go back to the car, its covered with dust and bird poop. Thirdly, there's a lot of construction activity going on in Salt Lake, with the metro coming up and all. Driving through mine fields dirties both the body and chassis.

The cleaning guy does a real good job every morning. But its difficult for him to reach in areas like the wheel wells, behind the fenders etc.

This has got me thinking about a high-pressure washer, something I can use to thoroughly clean my car without the sweat. Plus if its portable, I can carry it around in the boot and have squeaky clean on demand.

Recently I saw an Ad for Bosch Aquatak. It retails for about 7K in Kolkata, might come down to 5.5K at Metro Cash and Carry. Anyone (Mr HRT_FPV?) has experience of using this tool? I'd be eager to know if the investment is worthwhile.

Also, any alternative ideas? Someone suggests Karcher earlier in this thread. I can get relatives abroad to get someone for me. But please post some reviews.
Old 21st August 2009, 15:37   #22
Senior - BHPian

Brochure Baba

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
Recently I saw an Ad for Bosch Aquatak. It retails for about 7K in Kolkata, might come down to 5.5K at Metro Cash and Carry. Anyone (Mr HRT_FPV?) has experience of using this tool? I'd be eager to know if the investment is worthwhile.

Also, any alternative ideas? Someone suggests Karcher earlier in this thread. I can get relatives abroad to get someone for me. But please post some reviews.
No reply? How sad! Ok, let me put up something I found on the Bosch website. See if this stirs your collective memories. This is what Bosch Aquatak is!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Aquatak_All_Range_Brochure.pdf (981.3 KB, 2910 views)
predatorwheelz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2009, 16:11   #23
Team-BHP Support

Love to have one of these from Bosch but 10 grand! The ones which Peter posted seems to be much more affordable.
Old 21st August 2009, 16:14   #24
Senior - BHPian

We have found the Bosch Aquatek unreliable and prone to breakdowns in our use. This is probably the only Bosch product that I will not recommend.
Old 21st August 2009, 17:04   #25
srinivas9446

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
Hi guys

Anybody aware of portable pressure washer (looks similar to a vaccum cleaner) available in stores India?

Metro in Bangalore is selling Black & Decker. You can have a live demo too... i have seen in kanakpura road Metro

Old 21st August 2009, 17:07   #26
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyobeb View Post
We have found the Bosch Aquatek unreliable and prone to breakdowns in our use. This is probably the only Bosch product that I will not recommend.
Can you give us a little more detailed explanation as to what exactly were the problems you faced?

I'm planning on buying this machine in a few weeks and any inputs will be of great help.

thanks in advance,
gpa
Old 21st August 2009, 17:16   #27
BHPian

I have been using the Bosch Aquatek 100 for the last few months. I bought it in Bangalore Metro for about 6K. Usage is about 1-2 times weekly and I have had no issues with it so far. Only thing one needs to make sure is that you have sufficient pressure and continuous flow from your tap source. Also make sure the piping into the machine is firmly clamped and having a flexible piping helps.

Its good for getting out the dirt/muck however you will still need a wipe for a clean finish.On my washes, I initially rinse the car with the aquatak pressure wash, then use the shampoo attachment to spray the shampoo, wipe the car with a soft moist cloth, finally rinse the shampoo off with a final pressure wash. The pressure it generates is good enough to clean off any dirt/muck.

With the aquatek pressure wash , I use less water compared to regular washing. With 3 cars in our household, I feel it was worth the 6K I paid for it.
Old 21st August 2009, 18:19   #28
Senior - BHPian

I have been using the Aquatak for the last 6 months or so. Always works perfect.

The pressure is enough to get rid of all the dried mud, but does not harm the car...
Old 21st August 2009, 18:46   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
Can you give us a little more detailed explanation as to what exactly were the problems you faced?

I'm planning on buying this machine in a few weeks and any inputs will be of great help.

thanks in advance,
gpa
The problems we faced were leakage and pressure drops and failure of rubber parts. This was within a year of use.
Old 21st August 2009, 23:07   #30
BHPian

If u dont need to carry the pressure washer any where and need to wash at home only u can take a connection from your shower pressure booster with a thinner pipe and a good hose and u can get decent pressure. apart from that as suggested by others you can use a connection from your regular monoblock pumps with proper pipeline and a good hose to wash your car. the options are inexpensive and useful for other applications as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks