Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2010, 10:10   #136
Senior - BHPian

Nice!! I'll check it out in Chawari Bazar!!

btw how's the warranty and A.S.S. on Aquatak!?

Last edited by sohail99 : 12th September 2010 at 10:11.
Old 12th September 2010, 10:22   #137
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Then you should have one of these. It will click-fit onto the aquatec. Your supplier should have given you one (or even sold you one!)

Attachment 422209

I think my hose is 3/4 inch. I think this particular fitting is a half inch one, but the only difference is --- size!

I have got something similar to what you have shown.Below are the pics
Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-dsc05224.jpg

Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-dsc05229.jpg

Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-dsc05225.jpg

I got this for around 200 bucks when i bought the aquatec.But there is a problem because of which i am not using it.there is a pretty heavy water leak from it when attached to the aquatec end and used.The pic below will make it clear.
Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-dsc05228.jpg

Should i use some washer there or is there a defect in this hose?Or am i missing something ?
Old 12th September 2010, 10:51   #138
Distinguished - BHPian

To get a better idea of from where the water is leaking.

Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-img_6691.jpg
Old 12th September 2010, 11:15   #139
Distinguished - BHPian

That looks bad!

There is an "O" ring on the aquatac fitting that gives the seal: I wonder if that is missing? If not, then your hose fitting must be faulty, I guess.

edit: Afterthought... I have this both ends of my hose, and it sometimes oes this at the tap end if I haven't pushed on the fitting until it clicks
Old 12th September 2010, 11:53   #140
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
That looks bad!

There is an "O" ring on the aquatac fitting that gives the seal: I wonder if that is missing? If not, then your hose fitting must be faulty, I guess.

edit: Afterthought... I have this both ends of my hose, and it sometimes oes this at the tap end if I haven't pushed on the fitting until it clicks

The Hose fits in with a 'click sound' and i push it all the way in as the leaking photo shows.No i dont have the O-ring at the aquatec inlet.Can you please post a pic of the O-ring attached to the aquatec body inlet?Will help me ask the dealer about it.thanks

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 12th September 2010 at 11:59.
Old 12th September 2010, 12:16   #141
Distinguished - BHPian

Here is the pic of my aquatec inlet.Something missing?

Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-img_6693.jpg
Old 12th September 2010, 15:13   #142
Distinguished - BHPian

It looks a little different from mine.

Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-adapt.jpg

On the left is a brass tap adapter of same type. Actually, this tap adapter leaks, so I use plastic ones.

I bought a Bosch input filter for mine while I was in UK. The marks on the plastic are because that input connector was very hard to remove, which is required to add the filter.

I have only just this minute realised that, although the Bosch part looks larger because of the bigger outside diameter, it is the same thread inside! So this is a "standard" part.
Old 12th September 2010, 18:55   #143
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It looks a little different from mine.

Attachment 422526

On the left is a brass tap adapter of same type. Actually, this tap adapter leaks, so I use plastic ones.

I bought a Bosch input filter for mine while I was in UK. The marks on the plastic are because that input connector was very hard to remove, which is required to add the filter.

I have only just this minute realised that, although the Bosch part looks larger because of the bigger outside diameter, it is the same thread inside! So this is a "standard" part.

Ya will buy a new clip on hose as well as this inlet hose soon.Thanks a lot for your patience answering my queries.Hope i have not irritated you with so many questions.Will get back to you incase i have more doubts.Thanks a lot once again
Old 12th September 2010, 20:02   #144
Distinguished - BHPian

No problems. Always nice to have an excuse to show off pics of my hose fittings!
Old 13th September 2010, 11:55   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Here is the pic of my aquatec inlet.Something missing?
Washer at the tip missing? (See Thad's picture, it has a black rubber washer 'ring' at the tip.)

Last edited by jinojohnt : 13th September 2010 at 11:56.
Old 13th September 2010, 13:58   #146
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes, it is! I should have spotted that, but I did not click on the pic to see it full-size. I could see that the shape looked slightly different, but thought the darker band of plastic was the O-ring. In fact, I put the brass fitting in my pic because the O-ring can be seen so clearly against the brass.

Enlarged (I took the liberty), it is very obvious:

Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-img_6693.jpg

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 13th September 2010 at 14:03. Reason: Added photo
Old 13th September 2010, 15:49   #147
BHPian

Sagar,

What i have done is exactly the opposite. I have removed the o-ring, taken a undersized hose, burnt the hose to the length of the inlet & fixed the hose on to the inlet when the hose is still hot. Once pushed on to inlet, i cooled it down with cold water. The fit of the hose very nice just like an OEM fit. I have not removed the hose from the inlet. I leave it like that, i just shut off the tap after each wash.

It works for me very well with absolutely no leakage whatsoever.I will try and post a picture, though i am lazy doing it.

Last edited by nandans2005 : 13th September 2010 at 15:51.
Old 13th September 2010, 16:07   #148
Distinguished - BHPian

That is a good idea. Similarly, I have heated a hose and stretched it, thus reducing the diameter for a fitting meant for a smaller hose.

However, the matched fitting, so long as its O-ring is there, does work and is easy to connect and disconnect.
Old 14th September 2010, 10:05   #149
BHPian

Quote:
However, the matched fitting, so long as its O-ring is there, does work and is easy to connect and disconnect.

I bought the Aquatek, since i was upset with the way the wash centers used to handle my cars. Moreover i had to waste lots of time & energy unnecessarily waiting & constantly keeping a watch & instructing the guy washing the car to do things properly.

I had a horrible time when i bought Aquatek, since it came with no coupling as you have shown in the picture. Infact i had not used it for about 10 days for want of time to concentrate & get the right fitment for the inlet.

One day it just struck to me that burning the hose & just pushing it on to the inlet might work, i tried it & it worked the very first time i tried. Since the O-RING was obstructing the hose , i removed it, which is against science, i know. I have not disturbed the setting. It is serving me well.

Last edited by nandans2005 : 14th September 2010 at 10:07.
Old 14th September 2010, 10:44   #150
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
Sagar,

What i have done is exactly the opposite. I have removed the o-ring, taken a undersized hose, burnt the hose to the length of the inlet & fixed the hose on to the inlet when the hose is still hot. Once pushed on to inlet, i cooled it down with cold water. The fit of the hose very nice just like an OEM fit. I have not removed the hose from the inlet. I leave it like that, i just shut off the tap after each wash.

It works for me very well with absolutely no leakage whatsoever.I will try and post a picture, though i am lazy doing it.
Please do post a picture of it.will be very helpful in to understand

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks