Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2015, 16:12   #841
Senior - BHPian

Re: Buying & Using a Pressure Washer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
I was just thinking of the same thing. Keeping the drum on a stool or chair will allow for better pressure. Just refill when the level drops to 1/4 in case you need to do further washing.

The basic Bosch AQT 15 or whatever we have (the one that costs around 8k) does pull water from a bucket but the pipe should be primed first, in fact my bro bought this model because he saw the sales guy in Croma giving the demo this way, sucking water through a tank and spraying it back in.
In this setup, there is a small aquarium pump, that assists provides additional pressure. I asked this in one of the demos that I saw in an exhibition.
Old 7th September 2015, 19:28   #842
Senior - BHPian

Its possible, I did not see it myself. But so far Ive been siphoning from a bucket without issues for 20+ washes
Old 15th October 2015, 18:07   #843
BHPian

I am thinking between a Bosch 37 13 Plus (130 bars) vs. Karcher Soccer 110 bars. The main doubt I have is if the Karcher 110 bars can remove mud from wheel arches of the Thar (which more often than not is always muddy).

Thanks in advance.
johy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2015, 16:42   #844
BHPian

Has anyone used Bosch AQT 35-12? How robust is this product? I am getting it for ~8K on Amazon. Is it a good deal? Any other better product in the same range?

Regards,
Shreyak!
Old 16th October 2015, 17:14   #845
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyak_ss View Post
Has anyone used Bosch AQT 35-12? How robust is this product? I am getting it for ~8K on Amazon. Is it a good deal? Any other better product in the same range?

Regards,
Shreyak!
Yep, this is the one I am using.I am happy with it. The rubber hose could have been more flexible and longer. Other than that it fits my requirement of washing the car and other household duties.

It's my first experience with a pressure washer so I don't have any point of reference.

Drive on,
Shibu.
shibujp is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2015, 16:17   #846
BHPian

Can anybody suggest where i can buy a snow foam lance for the black & Decker pressure washer?

I want to foam the entire car and then spray water on it,any idea how i can do this?

Please suggest.
Old 30th December 2015, 20:13   #847
BHPian

Just bought a Karcher K2 Pressure Washer. Since this is the first time I bought one, I didn't know we need a Hose Coupling thingy also?

Could one of our knowledgeable members please help me to set it up with the tap? Posting a link to the relevant item on Amazon, Flipkart, etc. would be appreciated. Thank you
Old 30th December 2015, 20:22   #848
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post
Just bought a Karcher K2 Pressure Washer. Since this is the first time I bought one, I didn't know we need a Hose Coupling thingy also?
Go to any nearby hardware shop and ask for "pipe to connect washing machine". This pipe will have a screw type connector on one end which will go into the pressure washer and the other end will connect into a tap. Near the other end, cut the pipe and put in whatever pipe extension you want and you're all set!

Last edited by SunnyBoi : 30th December 2015 at 20:24.
SunnyBoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2016, 10:15   #849
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Go to any nearby hardware shop and ask for "pipe to connect washing machine". This pipe will have a screw type connector on one end which will go into the pressure washer and the other end will connect into a tap. Near the other end, cut the pipe and put in whatever pipe extension you want and you're all set!
Thank you. Will go and inquire today. Fingers crossed. I live in a small town so might not get it also
Old 9th January 2016, 14:37   #850
BHPian

I have a Kracher device and it started leaking water while on use. When I got it inspected at Karcher authorized service center, I am told its 'head unit' has developed cracks and needs replacement. The estimated cost is around 4k. While the unit has proved very utilitarian, I need advise on proceeding with this repair.
Are there any inexpensive options ?
Old 10th January 2016, 12:15   #851
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
I have a Kracher device and it started leaking water while on use.
This is frustrating and the reason my Karcher is gathering dust. The head is plastic/fiber and is unable to withstand the pressure. It could be a pattern of usage of the trigger that is causing this but I wouldn't know. Am in a quandary whether to fix mine or buy another. My Karcher had seen about 50-75 usages at max in its 2 year usage span. I opened up the Karcher and witnessed the leakage around the head btw.
Old 13th January 2016, 17:05   #852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
It could be a pattern of usage of the trigger that is causing this but I wouldn't know.
I would say your assessment is correct, because in my case i was triggering the water jet intermittently to door panel gaps and device failed.
Old 14th January 2016, 10:38   #853
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
I have a Kracher device and it started leaking water while on use. When I got it inspected at Karcher authorized service center, I am told its 'head unit' has developed cracks and needs replacement. The estimated cost is around 4k. While the unit has proved very utilitarian, I need advise on proceeding with this repair.
Are there any inexpensive options ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
This is frustrating and the reason my Karcher is gathering dust. The head is plastic/fiber and is unable to withstand the pressure. It could be a pattern of usage of the trigger that is causing this but I wouldn't know. Am in a quandary whether to fix mine or buy another. My Karcher had seen about 50-75 usages at max in its 2 year usage span. I opened up the Karcher and witnessed the leakage around the head btw.
This is a common occurrence on the K2.xx units. A friend and I have the same problem with the head cracking and leaking water. Additionally, the oil from both units leaked out.
I opened the unit and turned it on to check where the water was coming out from. I then took a soldering iron and melted the plastic around the crack to fill it and smeared it with a lotta araldite. I then filled oil and tried it. The water leakage reduced to a trickle but the oil leaked out again. I made a concoction of fresh axle/ drive shaft grease +bike chain lube and filled the oil cavity of the pump. 6mos of washing 2 cars, a few bikes and the garage every week and its still holding up- Touchwood!

P.S. Water is a good conductor of electricity. be very careful when operating the pump out of its casing.

Last edited by james : 14th January 2016 at 10:40.
Old 14th January 2016, 10:51   #854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
This is a common occurrence on the K2.xx units. ...
I then took a soldering iron and melted the plastic around the crack to fill it and smeared it with a lotta araldite. I then filled oil and tried it.
Mine is a 3.550 model. I saw the lube too and it was intact. I will try the soldering trick but I could not visibly see the crack. Thanks for the tip!
Old 14th January 2016, 11:01   #855
BHPian

Any suggestion for a pressure washer which I can use to suck water from a bucket ?

I can manage somehow to get wire connection from my apartment, but water connection for such long distance is not possible.

All suggestions welcome including desi versions which can be used as an adapter to suck water from bucket.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks