Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2015, 14:49   #751
Senior - BHPian

Re: Buying & Using a Pressure Washer

I am surprised that there are more negative experiences than positive experiences shared here with pressure washers.

I have been tempted to pick Bosch or Karcher (German brands - what can go wrong?) many times, but somehow I have refrained.
I keep using my hose pipe which I bought from ebay a couple of years ago (and have fixed it twice), but the itch to upgrade has always been there.

But after reading the last two pages, I think I will wait for some quality product to arrive in the market.
Old 3rd March 2015, 16:42   #752
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
I am surprised that there are more negative experiences than positive experiences shared here with pressure washers.

I have been tempted to pick Bosch or Karcher (German brands - what can go wrong?) many times, but somehow I have refrained.
I keep using my hose pipe which I bought from ebay a couple of years ago (and have fixed it twice), but the itch to upgrade has always been there.

But after reading the last two pages, I think I will wait for some quality product to arrive in the market.
I am using the B&D pressure washer without any issues. The first one had a defect so it was replaced promptly by Metro.

I only notice that the motor sounds strained while using the shampoo bottle so not using that. I'm using the pressure wash to get the muck off the car and manually shampoo via bucket and meguiars wash mitt followed by chamois leather to wipe the car dry.

If you have a hose with sufficient pressure then you can skip buying a pressure washer. I rarely find time to use it although I want to use it every weekend.
Old 3rd March 2015, 22:55   #753
AWD
BHPian

Picked up Karcher K 7.700 Pressure Washer 160bar.

http://www.machpowertools.com/karche...ressure-washer

Need help on a few things:

1) Which water hose should I use

2) Need proper attachments for hose & tap.

3) Is it ok to use an extension cord with the Power cord ?

4) Should a pre-filter be used ? If yes, suggest which one

Also need to change the garage plug to 15A.

Any other pointers ?
Old 4th March 2015, 08:24   #754
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
1) Which water hose should I use
2) Need proper attachments for hose & tap.
3) Is it ok to use an extension cord with the Power cord ?
4) Should a pre-filter be used ? If yes, suggest which one

I use a regular hose as well as a stretch hose as seen on tv for inlet. Picked up the stretch one from US but have seen it here too. It is guaranteed not to entangle.
For the ends I use lockable ends that either lock to a tap with a twist or a male female kind of lock. There are pics in past posts on this.
I think the Karcher has a built in inlet filter. I haven't used anything for my K3.550
I also bought a 30m 15a extension cord which aided me to avoid any wiring changes in the garage or anywhere in the house. Picked up the MX brand for something in the 2-3k range I think. One thing to be cautious on the extension is to extend it completely on long period usage to prevent heat build up in the coiled portion and melting of wire and /or fire hazard. Was told that it is a common occurrence in stage shows that use this type of extension cord.
diyguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2015, 09:15   #755
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
I use a regular hose as well as a stretch hose as seen on tv for inlet.
For the ends I use lockable ends that either lock to a tap with a twist or a male female kind of lock.
I also bought a 30m 15a extension cord which aided me to avoid any wiring changes in the garage or anywhere in the house
Ok so pipe is done, just need to ascertain the diameter.
Need to do more research on ends(lockable,twist). Basically I want seamless connectivity. Otherwise fitting the pipe to the washer remains the weak link.
Actually I read in the manual about pre-filter use. If it keeps the motor safe, I will use it. But local dealer doesn't have.
Yes I will look for a suitable extension or get it made to order ~100ft. Karcher manual says to unwind the cable completely supplied with the machine for the same reasons you mentioned. I tried testing the machine with small plug, the thing blew off.
Old 4th March 2015, 09:32   #756
BHPian

Quote:

Need to do more research on ends(lockable,twist). Basically I want seamless connectivity. Otherwise fitting the pipe to the washer remains the weak link.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...8&d=1405839615

Look at post 600 and a few after that in this same thread. I bought multiple of these so that I can just plug and play at various places in my house, garage, garden etc
diyguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2015, 08:41   #757
AWD
BHPian

Yes I got a Karcher hose connector @300/- yesterday.

Also saw a Karcher filter accessory for pressure washers @1350/-. Karcher engineer & product manual suggest the use of it.

Further accessory additions could be a foaming nozzle/bottle & a rotating scrubber brush. Btw the accessories are darn costly.

As it turns out, Im the only one in state using the particular model of karher K 7.700. Hope it doesnt disappoint.

PS: Regarding the electrical fittings, I think the machine is 3000W, electrician suggested MCB with the 25Amp socket.

Last edited by AWD : 5th March 2015 at 08:42.
Old 5th March 2015, 13:59   #758
Senior - BHPian

I've been using a Karcher 3.550 since 2012 and all this while I never got a water filter since the model has a built in one. However recently, a detailer had a problem and had shell out close to 2k to get it repaired at the service center. The service center guys said a lot of dirt had accumulated on the inside.

So I got myself this off ebay:
http://www.ebay.in/itm/Karcher-water...item35d28e23b5

With the very first use noticed a lot of dirt trapped on the outer filter,so I think its worth buying it as an add-on even if the machine comes with a built-in filter,to protect the motor.

Will click pics the next time and attach it here.
shashank.nk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2015, 15:23   #759
AWD
BHPian

Yes correct Shashank, both karcher product manual & engineer suggested the same. Karcher Parts & Accessories are darn expensive.

Rotating brush im looking for & extension hose, both cost upwards of 5k.

Got a Karcher steam glass cleaner too but unhappy to learn that its a use & throw product. Karcher is not offering any PCB repairs & neither battery replacements.
Old 5th March 2015, 15:39   #760
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes correct Shashank, both karcher product manual & engineer suggested the same. Karcher Parts & Accessories are darn expensive.

Rotating brush im looking for & extension hose, both cost upwards of 5k.

Got a Karcher steam glass cleaner too but unhappy to learn that its a use & throw product. Karcher is not offering any PCB repairs & neither battery replacements.

You are right. These things cost a lot of money,but the build quality is fabulous. I can safely say its better built than many interior plastics on one of the cars at home

Also get yourself this if you don't already have it:
http://www.ebay.in/itm/Karcher-0-6-l...item4d216ea1d3

With 160 bar of pressure,you'll get great foam from this and its plenty fun too!

EDIT:like in this video

Last edited by shashank.nk : 5th March 2015 at 15:41.
shashank.nk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2015, 17:31   #761
AWD
BHPian

Yea Shashi i shortlisted this one too

Correct on the build quality part, also the way the plastics click into each other is great. Yesterday almost half a day I was admiring the build quality of the thing.

Actually I got a host of Karcher products now, will share in Home Appliances thread. Just to name, a Vac: DS5800, a steamer 1.030, electric broom, etc.. Ofcourse quality is common among all !

Now I need some cool accessories & proper fitting hoses & electricals. Then we are good to go. Btw the machines being quite powerful are dependent on 15A switches, will need to get installed at all places now. Hope the machines dont hog a lot of Electricity !
AWD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2015, 19:46   #762
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hope the machines dont hog a lot of Electricity !
I don't think you'll see any spike in bills because of using these machines. Btw,could you PM me the price of the pressure washer ? Also, is the vaccum cleaner wet and dry ?
Old 5th March 2015, 19:53   #763
AWD
BHPian

Ok, not aware of power ratings, maybe not rated only. But for 3Kw, I think it will consume significant, could be wrong too! Got it for ~50k.

The vac is dry only but comes with a new tech, filteration. So what it does is, the outlet air is filtered. Therefore no more allergies & only clean air inside house. The model is a new launch in India.
Old 6th March 2015, 13:48   #764
BHPian

Guys is this accessory good enough or a cheaper workaround is available for such use..

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Karcher-sucti.../231497246998?

Price is indeed steep..
Old 6th March 2015, 14:34   #765
AWD
BHPian

I guess this particular accessory is for pumping water out from a reservoir. Yes Karcher prices are too steep. Extension hose costs upwards of 5k I guess.

Why opting for this accessory ? No direct/tank supply ?

Last edited by AWD : 6th March 2015 at 14:37.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks