Team-BHP - The 'Wiper Blade' Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   The 'Wiper Blade' Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/14555-wiper-blade-thread-26.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roy.S (Post 1572421)
The end of the right wiper blade had slipped out of its metal mount and
the metal had left a long arc shaped scratch on my windshield.

It happened in my Palio also - with stock wiper blades.
In my case the culprit was the guy who washes the car daily. He cleans the blades in a hurry putting excess pressure which causes the rubber strip to slide-out of the metal frame. After this I have asked him NOT to touch the wiper blades.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roy.S (Post 1572421)

The scratch on the windshield probably can be taken care of at windshield experts,

Any idea how much this will cost?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ram (Post 1915004)
Turns out this variety of wiper blade is generically called
the low-profile "flat-blade" wiper.
Introduced in Europe in 2001 and in USA in 2005.

It has a curved flat design with one or two integrated spring flexor strips and typically a built-in spoiler.
This gives improved aerodynamics and aeroacoustics, reducing wind noise by upto three dB.

With sharper windshield rakes, blades have gotten longer. There is as a result, a new problem: wiper lift, caused by wind drag. As a result modern wipers have a windspoiler (airfoil section).
This is to improve blade-to-glass contact at high-speed.

Brands of flat-blade wiper other than the Bosch Aerotwin are:
Valeo Ultimate-Flat, Classic Fusion-Flat, Peak Optix-Flat, XOPC Flat, ...

Ram

Ram, you were charged Rs. 1400/- for your 20"/18" Aero Twin Wiper Blades for your Baleno. I have been quoted Rs 1800/- for a set of 21"/19" Aero Twin Wiper Blades for my Swift. Am I being ripped off here?

I have replace my stock wiper Blades and replaced it with Bosch Conventional Wiper Blade for my Swift Ldi. I was been charged 340/- for a pair.

Bought Bosch ECO blades for my Palio. Costed Rs 330 / pair

Left - 24" while stock (Syndicate)size was 22". But it works absolutely fine.
Right - 16"

The wipe looks far better than the stock.

Aero twin costed approx Rs 1000+/blade, hence i have planned it for the next blade change.

I got mine from Add-Ons Banjara hills for about 300 bucks a pair.

He also has the aero twin at 1k a blade. I don't think the Wagon R needs the aero. On dry roads 100 is interesting. I don't intend to drive fast on wet roads anyways.

Quote:

Originally Posted by s3va (Post 1948087)
Bought Bosch ECO blades for my Palio. Costed Rs 330 / pair

Left - 24" while stock (Syndicate)size was 22". But it works absolutely fine.
Right - 16"

The wipe looks far better than the stock.

Aero twin costed approx Rs 1000+/blade, hence i have planned it for the next blade change.

I too use Bosch now. Price was around 300/- (Dont remember).
Performs really well when compared to the stock Swift blades. Really liked the aero twin blades. The guy was trying hard to convince me to go for those. I really wanted those but since I park my car outside when am in office, i didnt want to spend money on those. i will have to change the blades again for the next monsoon lol:

Its better to remove and store the aeros post monsoon season and use the stock or ECOs until the next season. By this way unnecessary wear and tear as well as fear of getting flicked can be avoided.

Quote:

Originally Posted by s3va (Post 1949881)
Its better to remove and store the aeros post monsoon season and use the stock or ECOs until the next season. By this way unnecessary wear and tear as well as fear of getting flicked can be avoided.

That's also a good point.. Will consider installing this the next time.

I have read mixed reviews on the AeroTwins in this thread itself. Some one has written that they are not suitable in Indian condition and dust gets clogged and messes up the windshield. Others are still trying these.

Can someone who has used AeroTwins for sometime pls give a detailed review pls? The aspects to really consider would be

Ability to wipe without any streaks
Reduction of wind noise (someone has mentioned reduction of 3db)
Reliability
Any dust clogging issue

Quote:

Originally Posted by NiTviN (Post 1950267)
I have read mixed reviews on the AeroTwins in this thread itself. Some one has written that they are not suitable in Indian condition and dust gets clogged and messes up the windshield. Others are still trying these.

Can someone who has used AeroTwins for sometime pls give a detailed review pls? The aspects to really consider would be

Ability to wipe without any streaks
Reduction of wind noise (someone has mentioned reduction of 3db)
Reliability
Any dust clogging issue

Even I saw these mixed reactions. That's the reason why I went for normal blades. Didnt want to shell out 1.5k just for the blades. But the overall performance is good. I have my friend using them and he suggested me to go for these.

I just installed the Bosch Aero Twins on my Octavia yesterday.

Cost = Rs 1620/- (Both, with bill)
Size = 21 inch & 19 inch

Dealer:
Ganpati Automotive
Shop No.-78, Meharchand Market
Lodhi Road, New Delhi, India
Rakesh Aggarwal :: +91-9811401225
Puneet Anand :: +91-9811813772

Guys don't look at the Aero Twins as something hugely phenomenal, the difference in performance is comparable to the difference in performance of an alloy wheel vs a regular steel rim. Its the aesthetics which count more than the difference in performance. Personally I'd buy them again just for the looks.
As far as the whole wiping, quietness, performance are concerned they are only marginally better than the regular Bosch wipers

A few snaps:

Just bought BOSCH wiper blades (Rs.450) a pair for my Fiesta. I would say it is definitely better than my stock wiper blades. only BOSCH is written on top of wiper blades (no ECO and all). How to check this is original or fake? Any inputs?

Quote:

Originally Posted by josejoseph (Post 1933137)
Hello All,

I had fixed Bosch wipers on my M800 in the last monsoon. They worked perfect at that time. Good cleaning as well as no sound. But after a year of usage, they've started to produce lot of squeaking sound and the wipe is just ok :Frustrati.

My inference is that even Bosch wipers are same like any other brands. When new they perform well. But after some time, their performance deteriorate.

- Jose.

Jose, I too Own a M800 93 model. Could you please post the picture of the blades? I was about to buy one. Will proceed after your confirmation. BTW what was the cost?

I installed new Bosch wipers a year ago in my Safari, both front and back. The back side creates a squeeking noise from day 1. Since I did not use it much I did not bother much about it. This year once the rains started, I had to use these extensively and its irritating me. Any suggessions how can I get rid of this noise? Or is it that in a year the rubber has become hard and the noise has become more? Pls advice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NiTviN (Post 2010664)
I installed new Bosch wipers a year ago in my Safari, both front and back. The back side creates a squeeking noise from day 1. Since I did not use it much I did not bother much about it. This year once the rains started, I had to use these extensively and its irritating me. Any suggessions how can I get rid of this noise? Or is it that in a year the rubber has become hard and the noise has become more? Pls advice.

Same thing happened with the blades of my M800. I had to change it after one year. It's fine now. But then again I'll change the blades for the monsoon of 2011.