Team-BHP - The 'Wiper Blade' Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   The 'Wiper Blade' Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/14555-wiper-blade-thread-24.html)

Hey Guys, I bought a pair of Bosch wipers for my car yesterday. Used to have syndicate, which was not up to the mark at all.

The guy had regular wipers, but had aero twins only of someother imported brand, for around 1400. Not wanting to take any chance with some unknown brand, I wnet in for Bosch. Tried in on my car yesterday, as it was raining and it worked fabulously.

However, I wanted to be sure of one thing, the total set costed me only 325. I have no idea about the price of wipers, but is this price fine. IN the sense, I expected it to be much costlier, but was surprised at the low cost, which got me worried thinking could it be fake.

The box, engraving everything seems genuine though and it was a very big shop. I got 21" and I guess 16"

ANy ideas about the aero twin wipers availability in bangalore? which shop can i get the same?

Do we get this for the zen?

Can i get aero twin wipers for indica vista?

And what about the rear wiper?

Quote:

Originally Posted by motomaverick (Post 1894368)
ANy ideas about the aero twin wipers availability in bangalore? which shop can i get the same?

Do we get this for the zen?

I have mentioned in detail in this thread itself about Bosch distributor on JC road. He has aero twins as well.

Dont know whether its available for Zen.

I am sorry that I am swimming against the tide , Installed Bosch wipers. First of all the size they pack for Safari is not proper as mentioend here.

Secondly I noticed no difference in performance from OEM syndicate.
The new wiper still left one streak in the middle.

I have not bothered to follow up or get replacement will change anyway after few months.

The pack was genuine that much I have ensured.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amitk26 (Post 1896805)
I am sorry that I am swimming against the tide , Installed Bosch wipers. First of all the size they pack for Safari is not proper as mentioend here.

Secondly I noticed no difference in performance from OEM syndicate.
The new wiper still left one streak in the middle.

I have not bothered to follow up or get replacement will change anyway after few months.

The pack was genuine that much I have ensured.

I had fixed bosch blades on my Safari, the performance is much improved from the stock blades, after the monsoon i will refix the stock blades as they're in good condition and i can use the bosch ones next year, that's if i actually can be bothered to do it.

Any ideas on which is the best one to go for Swift? what's it size?

so how do you find the size of the wiper blades ??? for Chevy Spark ??

naveen.raju and quadra, a PDF list is at this post

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghpk (Post 1905290)
naveen.raju and quadra, a PDF list is at this post

Thanks for sharing the info. That was really useful.
Which brand should I go for? I see there are few models.. any pics for the same?

i got a pair for my zen, they work good !!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by nick17s (Post 1905535)
i got a pair for my zen, they work good !!!

Which brand? Can you share the pics if possible?

Bosch naveen ji, okay ill try to get the pics by today eve, but they look normal (i mean just like another wiper blade).

Quote:

Originally Posted by nick17s (Post 1905661)
Bosch naveen ji, okay ill try to get the pics by today eve, but they look normal (i mean just like another wiper blade).

Then no issues.. how much did it cost?

Quote:

Originally Posted by normally_crazy (Post 889224)
In Mumbai -
In Chembur Area - Call Bombay Motors on 25200574 / 25201811 - Hemant. Located opposite the Duke's factory. Hemant has arranged for a pair that he will come and change in my home parking lot anytime I want (I stay in Chembur, 5 minutes away from the shop).

Taking the cue from normally_crazy, I contacted Hemant at Bombay Motors, Chembur on Fri. 21-May-2010.

He said he did not have the 18" Bosch Aerotwin for the passenger side of the Baleno in stock, Offered to order them and asked me to check back with him in a week. By Sat. 29-May-2010 , he still didn’t have it but said, he could get it on Tue. 01-Jun-2010.

Apprehensive that the rains would be on us before I got the wipers, I got in touch with a place in Worli mentioned on the Bosch website.

This is a workshop cum spares store, called:
Super Auto Engg Works, 7, Shah Nahar Industrial Estate, Worli.

They said they had the 20” and 18” Bosch Aerotwin wiper blades meant for the Baleno.

So on Saturday afternoon, after getting off of work at Vikhroli, I drove down to Worli.

Super Auto was manned by a nice father and son. The father asked me to fetch the Baleno and park inside Shah Nahar Industrial Estate, while his son went upstairs to look for the wiper blades.

After bringing the Baleno there, he said, he had just sold the 18" wiper to a Parsi gent who bought it for his Innova. So he first tried to get me to buy a 17" part instead of the 18" wiper;
then to buy the conventional Bosch wipers.
What a fish !!

I told him the 20” blade was available everywhere in Mumbai and that if he couldn’t give me a 18” blade with the 20”, I wasn’t going to buy anything from him.

Sorely disappointed, but stubborn as a mule, I drove on towards Tardeo, worried that I would have lost yet another week.

Stopped at a neat looking shop called Performance Racing Store
at Ground Floor, Adam Mahal, Tardeo. The owner Prasad Divadkar was very friendly and courteous. He didn't have the wipers but recommended that I go to Opera House and contact:
Metain Shah at Ramesh Auto Stores, 2382-6911.
I drove on to Opera House and phoned Metain Shah.
However it was 16:53 and he said he was just about to close his shop as it was 17:00 on a Saturday.

So, I just walked around a closing opera house auto parts precinct, trying my best to save the day. Inquired at Laxman-Auto, Opera-House. They directed me to "The City Motor Co.", Mangesh building, Avantika Gokhale Road.

The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-cityautooperahouse.jpg

These people had the 20” and 18” wiper sizes for Baleno. They charged me Rs. 1,400 for both blades.

Here they are on my lawn.

The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-skusaspacked.jpg

The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-bba500andbba450.jpg

Fitment was a cinch. It took me barely 60 seconds to remove the older blades and fit the new Aerotwins.

The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-naturalcurveofaerotwins.jpg

The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-fitting1.jpg

The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-easytofit.jpg

There was a moment of apprehension, when the wiping edge of the passenger side blade would not follow the curve of the windshield.

The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-momentofapprehension.jpg

But when the wipers moved on a wet windshield, coverage was excellent. Quiet and clean, as people have described.

Ram