Team-BHP - The 'Wiper Blade' Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   The 'Wiper Blade' Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/14555-wiper-blade-thread-27.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jebs (Post 2008860)
Just bought BOSCH wiper blades (Rs.450) a pair for my Fiesta. I would say it is definitely better than my stock wiper blades. only BOSCH is written on top of wiper blades (no ECO and all). How to check this is original or fake? Any inputs?

JEBS,

Where in chennai did you buy wiper rubber blades ? I searched all authorized shops and they sell only with the assembly. They do not sell rubber only. I want one for my 20007 Santro.

Authorized Hyundai Workshop (HMP) sells them at 160 /- for 3 (2 front and one rear).

Quote:

Originally Posted by scopriobharath (Post 2010873)
JEBS,

Where in chennai did you buy wiper rubber blades ? I searched all authorized shops and they sell only with the assembly. They do not sell rubber only. I want one for my 20007 Santro.

Authorized Hyundai Workshop (HMP) sells them at 160 /- for 3 (2 front and one rear).

@scorpiobharath, i just got a pair of bosch blades fixed onto my santro at raghavs place - ignite, ecr when i dropped the car for servicing. Cost around 300 bucks for a pair.

Had got Bosch wipers for our Indica an year back and they are still wiping pretty squeaky clean. Replaced the passenger side one of the Esteem a couple of months back and can see the difference between Bosch and the Syndicate one. Syndicate one leaves some trails of water behind which is not the case with Bosch. I got the ones for Indica at around 300bucks and the Esteem one surprisingly I got as a single piece since I needed only one, cost me around 100bucks if i remember correctly. I bought them from Palika Bhawan.

Hi scopriobharath ,

I bought those BOSCH wiper blades from the GP road (Mahavir). I really see some difference after using it. But no rain in chennai since i have installed them to test in real :-). But Rs.450 is little pricey. They might cheated me.

A few questions on wipers (may be a bit stupid!)

1) What is the right size of wipers for Hyundai i10?
2) What are the consequences if a wrong size wiper is fitted?
3) Is there a concept of upsizing a wiper to get a better coverage area?

Hi Ferrari1976,

You can have a try on Bosch Aero twins (costs around 1.3k). They are much better than conventional wiper blades. But am not sure will it fit to i10s. But for our conditions normal BOSCH wipers will do the job.

Thanks Jebs. But what is the size of i10 wipers? The Bosch guys didn't know nor did the Hyundai showroom guys (which incedentally is bang opposite the Bosch shop) know it!

Don't know what those numbers mean .. still

Great thread i was hopping all over trivandrum looking for Conti blades,so far the ones i saw were not so convincing (looked rather of cheap quality)... Thanks a lot . hope the shop mentioned in the first page still exists!

Thanks Wildon. Got the right Bosch wipers for i10 today. They are much better then the stock ones. Cost: INR 290.00

Size: 22 inch & 16inch

I have put in Bosch aerotwin wiper blades on my Innova (Rs 1800). I am not too thrilled with the night time performance, especially in less rain - drizzle situation. One of the reasons could be that the windshield is 4 years old - I still see streaking

Let me observe the situation in few more conditions and I will report back

One positive - They are very quiet, hence one doesn't mind using them. In the past I used to control wiper frequency because of the sound they make

This may be OT but saw aero twin like silicon wiper blades named SILIPER, each costing some 800 bucks. Any ideas about these blades? Saw them in Reliance zone.

I got BOSCH Aero twins installed last weekend at EVO. The performance diff is huge when compared to stock wipers.

I would say go for it.

Guys,

Anybody got the wipers installed in North Bangalore? Appreciate if you could point me to a dealer preferably in the North. Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by JVH (Post 2048822)
Guys,

Anybody got the wipers installed in North Bangalore? Appreciate if you could point me to a dealer preferably in the North. Thanks!

They are available at EVO but thats not NORTH bangalore. If you frequent MG road, you can very well go to EVO - its very near from MG road / brigade road.