Team-BHP - The 'Wiper Blade' Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   The 'Wiper Blade' Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/14555-wiper-blade-thread-7.html)

I got my Bosch blades for my zen from Auto Shop, Kormangala (right next to the Bosch office). I paid Rs.325. Wipes well with no noise. Worth buying. He has blades for almost all the cars.

I find it difficult to digest the fact that wiper blades can cost Rs.1800/-.

Quote:

Originally Posted by adi99 (Post 939615)
I got my Bosch blades for my zen from Auto Shop, Kormangala (right next to the Bosch office). I paid Rs.325. Wipes well with no noise. Worth buying. He has blades for almost all the cars.

Yep, even I bought Bosch for my Santro from Auto shop paid 325/-.

Rajiv

I went to the shop yesterday and he got me a set of blades for my Swift and quoted Rs. 450. To top it, the blades were actually shorter than my original blades and he said something like the "old swift perhaps had longer blades" !! :-)

I tried in a few other shops but none of them had it in stock.

I think the specification of Swift is 20". Did you check whether the packing mentioned that the wiper is for Swift ?

Quote:

got for my zen from Bosch dealer Aggarwal @ JC Road for 310 INR fitted new one myself :)

apart from the look does aero wipe better than the normal bosch one.

I enquired at Bosch dealer for Aerotwins for my Indigo XL. They told me wiping is better, costs Rs. 1800/- and it will last for 2 to 3 years!

I was tempted, but a simple calculation that with Rs. 1800/- I can get new normal wipers every 4 months in two years or every 6 months in 3 years held me back. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bouncer (Post 947995)
I was tempted, but a simple calculation that with Rs. 1800/- I can get new normal wipers every 4 months in two years or every 6 months in 3 years held me back. :D

A good calculation no doubt but regular blade (even from Bosch) is not always perfect. I've seen this many times. Aerotwins has no metal support frame as normal blade and the pressure comes from wiper arm and from center. Blade has more curvature than normal. It does sit better on glass surface.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudra Sen (Post 948033)
A good calculation no doubt but regular blade (even from Bosch) is not always perfect. I've seen this many times. Aerotwins has no metal support frame as normal blade and the pressure comes from wiper arm and from center. Blade has more curvature than normal. It does sit better on glass surface.

Because there is no metal support it will not scratch the glass if not seated correctly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bouncer (Post 947995)
I enquired at Bosch dealer for Aerotwins for my Indigo XL. They told me wiping is better, costs Rs. 1800/- and it will last for 2 to 3 years!

You are perfectly right. But couldn't resist to try a pair on my Ford Fusion. Didn't feel that much difference.

Quote:

Hi, could you give me exact direction of this shop in Kormangala.

I know few shops in Kormangala. One on the road towards left side from Sony world signal to HSR layout road. Others near ShanthiSagar side road inside.

I need to change wipers in car.

I think this shop is on that small lane (turn left from Hosur road going towards the St Johns side - diagonally opp FORUM just after the tata indicom office etc.) This turn off lane leads to the inner bit of Koramangala next to the Bosch gate.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anujmishra (Post 948283)
Hi, could you give me exact direction of this shop in Kormangala.

I know few shops in Kormangala. One on the road towards left side from Sony world signal to HSR layout road. Others near ShanthiSagar side road inside.

I need to change wipers in car.

From my personal experience there is nothing spectacular about Bosch wipers. The longevity & quality are almost same as Syndicate/others.

Bosch are not VFM !

Bosch and syndicate have price difference of rs 30/pair. So I don't thing you lose on VFM part. I am not talking 1800rs aerotwin, but the normal bosch wipers