Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2014, 12:51   #31
BHPian

Re: Magnetic Sun Shades for windows - An alternative to sunfilm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by royfernandez View Post
GTO : This is also available at Hot Tracks in Bangalore link below :
http://www.hottracks.in/Contact_Us.html
The Magnetic shade concept is by NSV and the product is called Laser Shades.
http://www.carlasershades.com/index.htm
These need to be customized for each car and Hot Tracks is yet to do it for the Ford EcoSport.
Another concern is whether the Cops will allow this or not. Not sure of their response to this.
I just called Hot Tracks in Bangalore to check if they have for my vento. Fortunately they have it, but unfortunately it costs around 15K+
Too expensive for a sun shade product..
mail2vm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2014, 13:13   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by royfernandez View Post
GTO : This is also available at Hot Tracks in Bangalore link below :
http://www.hottracks.in/Contact_Us.html
The Magnetic shade concept is by NSV and the product is called Laser Shades.
http://www.carlasershades.com/index.htm
These need to be customized for each car and Hot Tracks is yet to do it for the Ford EcoSport.
Another concern is whether the Cops will allow this or not. Not sure of their response to this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mail2vm View Post
I just called Hot Tracks in Bangalore to check if they have for my vento. Fortunately they have it, but unfortunately it costs around 15K+
Too expensive for a sun shade product..
Laser shades are very expensive, the ones Autofurnish is selling are locally manufactured cheaper replicas i think. I am not sure what will be the difference in the quality between the two.
I also realized that the pictures Autofurnish is using on their website are actually, directly taken from the lasershades website.

Last edited by revved_up : 27th March 2014 at 13:15.
revved_up is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2014, 16:27   #33
Senior - BHPian

Did anyone order these magnetic shades?

share the information as I am interested to know the quality and efficiency of the product.
Old 3rd April 2014, 06:10   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Would be very keen to hear of reviews as I'm one click away from buying these shades.
The day you posted when you were one click away, I had already clicked! I got these; a set of six pieces for Duster. It fits well. But I won't say very snug a perfect fit for some pieces. I paid 4K for them.

More importantly are they worth it? Oh yes. But the question is for what and where? My needs were mainly for the highway. I think city I can easily manage without them. But on the highways, they are very helpful. I had ordered them in such a way that they arrived just in time before my road trip. I kept front shades at home and the fixed the rear two and the quarter glass. For the rear passengers its a boon because it directly avoids sunlight. I don't know about the UV part of it, but more importantly it avoids the direct sunlight and in that way is a great help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
How do you operate your window with these things on? Isn't it cumbersome to take these out everytime you need to roll down your window for any simple work like buying a mall parking ticket?
This is an issue. Hence I remove it for the city and keep it in the boot. I primarily need it for the highways. I think a 3-5K investment on these shades coupled with 8-10K for a windshield sun film would make a good combination.

How I got them? I was looking for roll-ups when Vidd pointed to me to this one on snap deal. Further search lead me to Auto Fusion site and I bought them from there site directly. Surprisingly the prices mentioned there were a bit lower to snap deal.

Last edited by ampere : 3rd April 2014 at 06:13.
ampere is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2014, 06:19   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

@Ampere, thanks !

Do you think it is usable on driver /front windows without obstructing driver's view ?

Pics, please
Old 3rd April 2014, 07:08   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Do you think it is usable on driver /front windows without obstructing driver's view ?
I anticipated it being a hassle for the driver. Hence refrained it from taking it for the long drive. May be I should have used the co-driver side shades at least.

Quote:
Pics, please
Yes need to take them!
Old 3rd April 2014, 08:00   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
How I got them? I was looking for roll-ups when Vidd pointed to me to this one on snap deal. Further search lead me to Auto Fusion site and I bought them from there site directly. Surprisingly the prices mentioned there were a bit lower to snap deal.
Aren't roll ups better than these? They can move up and down with your window and are easy to roll up and down in case when you don't need to use them.
Old 3rd April 2014, 08:17   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Aren't roll ups better than these? They can move up and down with your window and are easy to roll up and down in case when you don't need to use them.
The problem I think with roll up is one would need to drill holes on the door pads. And for the universal ones, they may not look good if the job is not well done. Hence my reason to go with magnetic shades.
For genuine accessory its a different matter altogether.
Old 4th April 2014, 13:44   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Did anyone order these magnetic shades?

share the information as I am interested to know the quality and efficiency of the product.
Have you tried checking for these in China. I scoured through Aliexpress and JD.com (another local Chinese site), but couldn't find the same. May be some of the accessories shop in China has these product.

I am also planning to do something for windows as the heat is unbearable. These magnetic shades are bit costly, due to which I am slightly inclined towards transparent sun films.
Old 4th April 2014, 20:25   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anoop_SG View Post
These magnetic shades are bit costly, due to which I am slightly inclined towards transparent sun films.
I think transparent heat rejecting sun films may be even more costlier. Need to see the brand. And of course there is this fear is some cop catching it and taking it out.
Old 4th April 2014, 20:36   #41
BHPian

There is another alternative. Its stickable net. Also its dirt cheap compared to this solution.
Attached Thumbnails
Magnetic Sun Shades for windows - An alternative to sunfilm?-t2hdzgxibaxxxxxxxx_631265209.jpg  

Magnetic Sun Shades for windows - An alternative to sunfilm?-summercarsunshadingstickerselectrostaticstickerscars.jpg  

Magnetic Sun Shades for windows - An alternative to sunfilm?-t2unvmxnlxxxxxxxxx_631265209.jpg  

devrajman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2014, 23:57   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I think transparent heat rejecting sun films may be even more costlier. Need to see the brand. And of course there is this fear is some cop catching it and taking it out.
The choice of brand would be Llumar or Garware, both being the economic options compared to VKool, though I am not so sure of the cost. If the film is transparent (90% visibility), I don't think (rather hope) the cops would notice it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devrajman View Post
There is another alternative. Its stickable net. Also its dirt cheap compared to this solution.
I have read some where that these affect the rolling down/up of the windows and get stuck in between the glass and the door. If I remember correctly, it was in one of the user reviews of the product itself in some online shopping site.
Old 5th April 2014, 09:55   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
How different is the Stickable net from sun-film - apart from being able to stick & remove a few times. If the cops are against sun-film then they will be against this also. And during a check, you may not get away even if you remove it in front of them ?
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2014, 11:25   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
How different is the Stickable net from sun-film - apart from being able to stick & remove a few times. If the cops are against sun-film then they will be against this also. And during a check, you may not get away even if you remove it in front of them ?
Isnt it the same with the magnetic net discussed here? Its just glue stick-able vs magnet stick-able

Cops will catch for both!

Last edited by devrajman : 5th April 2014 at 11:28.
devrajman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2014, 12:32   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Any link for the same? Where will it be available.
Hope its re usable.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks