Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2014, 13:37   #61
BHPian

Re: Magnetic Sun Shades for windows - An alternative to sunfilm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by paras211 View Post
Sorry I forgot about it. I all do it today. I got it from a car detailing place in mulund mumbai ?
Thanks, the picture will surely help my decision

Can you please PM me the address it would be really useful as i am visiting to my In Laws place in Mulund (W) coming sunday.

Just one more question are they a custom fit or comes standard for hatchbacks and sedans that can be adjusted later on as per the size of windows ?
Old 2nd May 2014, 11:51   #62
BHPian

This is at car care studio.

Magnetic Sun Shades for windows - An alternative to sunfilm?-1399011668922.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 2nd May 2014 at 19:14.
Old 28th May 2014, 12:17   #63
BHPian

Hello All,
I was surfing the net for some good curtains for my new car and came across this link
http://www.groupon.co.in/deals/shopp...urtains/552257

Same product is also sold on other web portals at same price or 100 bucks less and I see a lot of people have purchased these.
Any feedback on this product would be highly appreciated
Old 10th June 2014, 15:42   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driiive! View Post
Update:
I ordered a set which came in approximately 6 days. Unfortunately, I had a slight problem. Two out of the 6 shades i got for my XUV were slightly damaged, i.e. a little hole in the netting at one point and a tear in the border in another shade. I have sent them back to the Autofurnish guys (A Rupal I spoke was helpful) at my cost (spent Rs.390 by EMS, i.e. 270 for the actual courier and 120 for packing it) and am now waiting for the replacements that Rupal has assured me of.
The fit when I tried one of them was not too good, I thought it was slightly big for the car.
Have pointed this out to Rupal and he has assured me he will send in a perfect set.
Fingers crossed!
Will update as I get this in and install.
Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisu View Post
Hi Driive,

Any updates? Have the new shades arrived?

I am looking forward to your experience before taking the plunge for these.

Cheeerzzz
Hi Driiive,

Could you please update whether you received the replacement set for the shades? And are you satisfied with the fitment?

I plan to get these installed this weekend.

Thanks!

Cheeerzzz
Old 16th June 2014, 10:38   #65

Hi Everybody,
Update: I got a fresh set of magnetic sunshades from Autofurnish. This time, well packed and insulated so no damage at all. No installation required, the magnets just stick to the edges of your window frames, and get locked between the window frame and the cars rubber beading when you shut the door.
The fit is good, no cause for complaint at all. In the 2 – 3 months that I have used it, must have fallen off once or twice. So the magnets are good.

Pros:
Looks good, fits well
Car does not get too hot even if driving in the sun, and passengers are spared direct sunlight
Gives a premium feel in the car, the fit and finish on the shades is good. Some of my colleagues compared it to the built in shades you get in the Mercs
Easily installation and removal. On my long trips I typically remove these and keep aside.

Cons:
Fragile. The border of one of them has developed a hole from constant rubbing against the door frame
The door frame has lost a small bit of paint, i.e. equal to the size of an overgrown nail. Not life threatening, but I wouldn’t want it to damage the car
Not sure if the rubber beading will get damaged, i.e. since this occupies the space between the body and the window frame.
Doors need a little more effort to close, and in the XUV where it is already a little hard, the effort is more noticeable.
Cops catch you every single time they see them, and when you stop and take them off in a minute, let you go off again with a sheepish smile.

I plan to keep them off in the monsoon, and only use them in the summers
I will take some pictures and upload them in a day or so.

Cheers!
Driiive! is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2014, 13:45   #66

Sorry; forgot to add one of the biggest cons; If you are someone who needs to open the windows regularly for paying toll / any other, this is not possible with this installed. I actually open my door at the toll booths and bend my hand over backwards to pay up. Likewise if you want to buy something from the car, i.e. paper/water/etc on the go.
Old 21st June 2014, 08:23   #67
Senior - BHPian

Here is a video of the Speedwav Magnetic Sunshades for XUV. Seems like a good fit. Costly than the Autofurnish models. On sale on EBAY india

Old 23rd June 2014, 09:30   #68

The Speedway seems to be ab exact replica of the Autofurnish Magnetic sunshades. One point they mention that does not seem to be true. The mirrors cannot be accessed without opening the door with these shades on.
Cheers!
Old 23rd June 2014, 09:55   #69
Senior - BHPian

I have ordered the autofurnish models from their website for my xuv . Will update them once I receive it
Old 23rd June 2014, 10:06   #70
BHPian

I found a decent solution from an unlikely source - Mothercare! They have retractable windowshades that sit on the edge of your glass using a pair of plastic hooks. You can secure the bottom end using a (supplied) suction cup, or even just let it hang free. Bought three of them when my daughter was little and use them quite regularly. The only hassle is, if you lower the window they kinda stick in the doorframe and have to be pulled out by hand.
Old 26th June 2014, 11:33   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
I have ordered the autofurnish models from their website for my xuv . Will update them once I receive it
My order is yet to be dispatched till now. Contacted them and they said it might take 2more days to process. I hope they can fulfill my order, or refund the amount properly.
Old 28th June 2014, 19:06   #72
BHPian

I was managing with a very light green tint sunfilm that I sourced at Reliance Autozone. With the windows rolled up, it's almost impossible to figure out that there's film on the glass.

However, I was stopped at a drunk driving checkpoint on a friday night when returning from work. I wasn't drunk, but since I rolled down the window to take the breath analyzer test, the cop noticed the edge of the tint and had it ripped out on the spot.

Most aftermarket products are made only for the side glass, but majority of the heat inside a car is due to the large windshield and rear glass. Ended up buying the suction cup mesh sold on most traffic junctions. Bought 6 pieces for about 150 bucks. 4 on each side glass and 2 for the rear. After parking, the 2 front mesh would be transferred to the windshield.

Served me well in the Hyderabad summer. Reduced sunlight and improved a/c performance. After all they only costed 150, so I can just throw them away after summer ends(monsoon season is almost here now).

Wouldn't mind paying 5-6k for sun film because they come with UV protection, but definitely wouldn't purchase a fragile mesh (magnetic/suction cup/stick on) for that amount.

Another great option is the ProKlear Nano Glass protection kit. Had it done on my Honda City. Provides superior water beading on the glass and some level of UV protection as well.

Regards,
ArvindYoga
Old 30th June 2014, 20:12   #73
BHPian

Hi Guys,
I need a complete set of magnetic sun shades for my grand vitara but my online search for the same did not yield me any results. Does anyone know where can I get them or can anyone suggest me if anyone will make custom fit ones for the Grand Vitara. With the plain transparent glasses on my car I am facing great difficulty and I am left with no other options. Kindly help and suggest.
Old 30th June 2014, 21:11   #74
Senior - BHPian

Got this magnetic sun shades for my Civic 2 weeks ago and I have to say, it is one of the best investment on accessories I had made! It is a perfect fit and looks very upmarket. With just about Rs. 3K, it is far versatile - serves the purposes I wanted:
i) heat rejection
ii) a bit of privacy
iii) looks of the car because of the darkend windows
iv) easily removable in winter or when not needed.

Magnetic Sun Shades for windows - An alternative to sunfilm?-img_0935_1.jpg

Magnetic Sun Shades for windows - An alternative to sunfilm?-img_0939_1.jpg

Last edited by iTNerd : 30th June 2014 at 21:13.
iTNerd is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2014, 17:20   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Got this magnetic sun shades for my Civic 2 weeks ago and I have to say, it is one of the best investment on accessories I had made! It is a perfect fit and looks very upmarket. With just about Rs. 3K, it is far versatile - serves the purposes I wanted:
Can you tell from where you got these? I suppose you are in Bangalore.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks