Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2007, 16:50   #46
BHPian

I am looking for sensors to fit to my Mercedes, quality is quite important.
Are there any particular brands that are recommended or to stay away from because they fail after a short period?
I don't want a camera based system. Only sensors (probably 4 at the rear, not sure yet whether to install front sensors).
Quality counts over cost.

What brand should I go for?

Thanks
Old 8th October 2007, 23:58   #47

Under carriage camera ?!

Man !! I feel like am in the confession box. Always thought i was the king of reverse. Infact y'day reversed the baleno for a good distance against traffic in a One way road as could not U turn. Welcome TODAY... Parked car , got in engaged reverse, all mirrors checked , gentle acceleration , moved just a couple of feet or a lil more, kid crying, KID CRYIIING !!! . F @XX MAN there was a kid less than 4 years old playing hide and seek and it got dragged.
Luckily no injury whatsoever. But the poor kid was so scared not that i was not. Hopefully healthy 2 morrow. Whew !! This post is long, but then confessions are.
Old 9th October 2007, 09:14   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by godseed1670 View Post
Man !! I feel like am in the confession box. Always thought i was the king of reverse. Infact y'day reversed the baleno for a good distance against traffic in a One way road as could not U turn. Welcome TODAY... Parked car , got in engaged reverse, all mirrors checked , gentle acceleration , moved just a couple of feet or a lil more, kid crying, KID CRYIIING !!! . F @XX MAN there was a kid less than 4 years old playing hide and seek and it got dragged.
Luckily no injury whatsoever. But the poor kid was so scared not that i was not. Hopefully healthy 2 morrow. Whew !! This post is long, but then confessions are.

You scared the hell out of me. Even near my place, kids keep playing. Have been cautious till date, but need to be more attentive now
Old 9th October 2007, 10:30   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by accord masters View Post
hey bhpians...i have a toyota prado 2006 model..was thinking of installing parking sensors or a reversing camera..any ideas where i can get a kit and the cost..i m in delhi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja View Post
I am looking for sensors to fit to my Mercedes, quality is quite important.
Are there any particular brands that are recommended or to stay away from because they fail after a short period?
I don't want a camera based system. Only sensors (probably 4 at the rear, not sure yet whether to install front sensors).
Quality counts over cost.

What brand should I go for?

Thanks
I have ALLWAY reverse assistance system installed on my SX4 (see my gallery for detail) .. 4 pods on the rear with display mounted on the rear view mirror.. its a great aid.. would certainly recommend for any large size sedan owners

Last edited by iTNerd : 9th October 2007 at 10:32.
Old 9th October 2007, 10:37   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksethuram View Post
I have a six sensor kit fitted in my swift (4 rear, 2 front). Got it for 3000Rs. I had checked the reverse camera which came around 10K. In my view the sensors should do the job.

Make sure that you stick the sensors, make a few forward/reverse checks before drilling down the bumper to fix it permanently.
Well Could you Please Tell me something about the front sensors as to when they are activated coz u dont need front sensors while reversing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Shiva View Post
Any long term reports on the sensors? Was thinking of picking up a kit.
Ya Its Quite Good
M using 4 rear sensors on my NHC VTEC
Decent For Parking , Help Preventing Scratches
Old 9th October 2007, 10:45   #51
Senior - BHPian

I visited Xenos office on Saturday, and found out that their parking sensors cost Rs 2800/----only rear bumper sensors. They also sell Delphi system for Rs 10000/----the advantage with Delphi is that no holes need to be drilled into the bumper. Instead, they will install the sensor tape on the reverse side of the bumper--they will need to remove the bumper first to do this, and fix it back. I believe it has a better peripheral range than other systems. But it only makes a sound, there is no indication on the rear view mirror.
Old 9th October 2007, 11:18   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
I have ALLWAY reverse assistance system installed on my SX4 (see my gallery for detail) .. 4 pods on the rear with display mounted on the rear view mirror.. its a great aid.. would certainly recommend for any large size sedan owners
What brand is the one you installed in your vehicle? I saw your photo gallery. Are your sensors white in color ? Because till date I have seen only Black colored sensors in BLR

Thanks
Old 9th October 2007, 13:29   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

wouldnt a camera be superior to a sensor? are cameras durable like the sensors?
Old 9th October 2007, 14:04   #54
Senior - BHPian

I've been using a camera based reverse parking sensors for over a year and have no issues whatsoever. Of course during rains it gets hazy due to water droplets but then you can't have everything. Right?
Old 9th October 2007, 14:28   #55
BHPian

I have been shown Acorn brand by a dealer. What are they like?
I need to decide urgently within the next day or two.
What is the best brand out there? (Must be available in Pune as well!)
Old 9th October 2007, 18:17   #56
Senior - BHPian

Red Soul is supposed to be good. Welcome to RedSoul

My dealer quoted 2K for the beep sensors, 4.5K for the distance indicator sensors and 18K for the one with the sensors & camera. Not sure which one to install. I also think the dealer prices are high.

anyone done it recently in Bangalore? What was the price and where did you'll do it?
Old 9th October 2007, 18:20   #57
Team-BHP Support

18k is tooo much for the ones with the camera and sensors. you should be able to get it for about 10k.
Old 9th October 2007, 18:35   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Does the distance indicator show the distance in numbers or just a graphical animation stuff? Camera sensor will help in seeing kids, cats, dogs,etc. but otherwise it wont offer anything better than a distance indicator sensor. If the camera shows an other object in close up, you wont be able to judge the distance. You know its close but not how close.

I have the distance indicator with the graphical animation stuff. But it "gives up" if the object is closer than 10CM. I would have liked it if it had also shown me a number on the display. I have to park two cars in my garage with zero gap in between :-)
Old 9th October 2007, 18:44   #59
Senior - BHPian

well, the model with the camera shows the distance and makes beeps also.

The distance indicator is in numbers with beeps.
Old 9th October 2007, 19:12   #60
BHPian

I recently saw reverse sensor which doubles as the center rearview mirror when not in use, the screen comes alive when the car is put in reverse gear

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks