Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2017, 21:41   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by razer2911 View Post
I've been using Karcher K.2 unit for about 2 years now and it's been very useful. One of the reason that I bought this particular unit was that it can pull water straight from a bucket. Since I live in an apartment complex, there are no running water sources that I could connect to so I use two buckets to source the water from. For a normal wash it takes about 4 buckets (medium sized) of water so I just have to make 2 quick rounds to fetch water from guard washroom.
I also regularly clean the balconies and washroom tiles with it which keeps the wife happy as well. My unit was a special "soccer edition" and came with a bunch of accessories as well but I mostly just use the 2 lances provided.

I'd be happy to answer any queries you guys have about it.

Cheers
I have been using this for the past 4 years and I usually hook it up to the tap. I have been impressed with the performance.

SamFromindia thanks for the detailed review. I was interested in the Collinite 845 Wax that you have. This product is pretty old and well-known for its wet-look finish. I have been trying to locate a seller of this for a year now and it does not ship to India through Amazon. It would be of great if you could point me in the right direction. Thank you.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 3rd January 2017 at 11:34. Reason: Back to back posts
samrudhkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2017, 22:40   #17
BHPian

Re: Review: Bosch AQT 35-12 Electric Pressure Washer

Thanks for the detailed review samfromindia, now there are no discounts in flipkart, snapdeal and amazon the cheapest one is 7.8k(35-12) will wait for few days if in case there is a discount sale.
quakerme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2017, 09:46   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samrudhkumar View Post
SamFromindia thanks for the detailed review. I was interested in the Collinite 845 Wax that you have. This product is pretty old and well-known for its wet-look finish. I have been trying to locate a seller of this for a year now and it does not ship to India through Amazon. It would be of great if you could point me in the right direction. Thank you.
There are a few sellers in India. I too plan to pick up Collinite 845 from one of them:

https://www.greenzcarcare.com/collec...nt=17082861125

http://bringingbest.in/index.php?rou...product_id=190

Happy shopping.
ajayclicks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2017, 10:35   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh_aveo1.4 View Post
Damn that's a crazy discount. I still only see it for 7.8k at Amazon. Where are you located?
I am based out of Bangalore. And Yes that was a one time offer which i gobbled up as soon as i saw. Had been tracking the offers for a long time and was pretty certain that this was the best that i could get in the near future.
soumobakshi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2017, 22:54   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
1. How much water is consumed by the machine to wash a mid size Sedan ? (Assuming it will be a normal wash)
2. How much time does the machine take to empty one normal sized bucket of Water (Answering this question may give a better clarity on whether it consumes more than conventional manual washing )
Amount of water needed depends on how dirty your car is. Normally its best to wash the car in 3 cycles:

1: Prewash to remove loose dirt & grime
2: Spray detergent or foam
3: Final rinse wash

It will take no more than 2-4 buckets, but like i said it depends on how much OCD you have also

I havent checked how much time it takes to empty the bucket as i didn't spray all the water continuously, but in short bursts by pointing the gun in different directions. The rated max water outflow is 350L/Hour. Maybe ill do this test & let you know next time i use this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venku2015 View Post
I am using the old version of the Bosch pressure washer, the Aquatak 100 and its been almost 3 years of usage.
I am looking to see if the pressure washer itself can be exchanged for a newer one like yours.
Well if the machine works well i see no point buying the new series, as a replacement gun will be way cheaper. Here is a link for AQT replacement gun. I believe there will be one for your model too.

http://www.amazon.in/Bosch-Pressure-Washer-Trigger-F016F04464/dp/B017DF41H2/ref=lp_6991593031_1_7?srs=6991593031&ie=UTF8&qid=1 483462856&sr=8-7

Just in case you swap your unit to a new AQT series, you might want to buy this converter which will allow your old attachements to work with new AQT series:

Review: Bosch AQT 35-12 Electric Pressure Washer-41io1dqaol._sx450_.jpg

http://www.amazon.in/Bosch-F016800365-Adapter-Aquatak-Accessories/dp/B00F4TQGSW/ref=sr_1_18?srs=6991593031&ie=UTF8&qid=1483462891& sr=8-18&keywords=aqt

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitishk View Post
I have been seeing these powerjets in Metro Cash & Carry outlets for more than 2-3 years but always been hesitant.
Yes Metro C&C stocks them and i was thinking of buying from there as i was sure my warranty will be valid. However the prices online was too good to resist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samrudhkumar View Post
I was interested in the Collinite 845 Wax that you have. This product is pretty old and well-known for its wet-look finish. I have been trying to locate a seller of this for a year now and it does not ship to India through Amazon. It would be of great if you could point me in the right direction. Thank you.
You dont need to import Collinite as its sold through many detailing stores like the ones below:

https://www.greenzcarcare.com/produc...nt=17082861125

http://store.ultimatedetailerz.com/s...52-17058203766

Its a truly amazing and value for money product. Yes the cost may seem high upfront, but if its for personal use for a single vehicle, it will easily last for years and years. You can easily divide the bottle among 3 friends and still have plenty. I have this over a year and still didnt manage to finish 20%. You can post these kinds of queries in the detailing thread of TeamBhp here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ing-guide.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-sealants.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumobakshi View Post
Well Truly an amazing Product, but wait! What if i tell you now the price at which i got it ?

Attachment 1591216
Quote:
Originally Posted by soumobakshi View Post
Had been tracking the offers for a long time and was pretty certain that this was the best that i could get in the near future.
Damn ! You won a big lottery I have never seen prices this low for this model, heck you cant even get AQT 33-11 at this price now.

Last edited by Samfromindia : 3rd January 2017 at 22:56.
Samfromindia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2017, 00:20   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
Damn ! You won a big lottery I have never seen prices this low for this model, heck you cant even get AQT 33-11 at this price now.
It' available for ˜Rs. 7,800 on amazon.
Old 4th January 2017, 17:07   #22
BHPian

Very nicely detailed review. Using a pressure washer for last two years, I could so easily relate to the pros and cons derived by you. Both setting up and dismantling the system is cumbersome, but the ease and efficiency it provides once set up is a real blessing. I especially like how much water it saves. My unit doesn't have the foam spray attachment though and I think I should get one soon.

Ahh! I miss those flash sales with massive discounts on e-commerce sites these days. This is how much I paid for my Black & Decker pressure washer :

Review: Bosch AQT 35-12 Electric Pressure Washer-pressure.jpg
mi2n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2017, 18:04   #23
Senior - BHPian

I have been using the SKIL 0760 (bought @ Rs 5499 from Flipkart) since January 2013.
This was the lowest priced decent pressure washer at that time.
Serving me well, although the garden hose adapter broke last year and I had to replace it (bought a generic brand from Amazon).
Decent enough for DIY usage, although this needs a steady flow of water - so I only wash my car on saturdays/sundays when municipal water supply is available in the morning (garage is in front of the house and does not have a tap linked to the overhead tank).
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2017, 06:04   #24
BHPian

Thanks samfromindia for a detailed review.

I bought Bosch Aquatek plus for Rs 8000/- in 2010, despite the setup time etc, it was still very handy to use, however ,the unit fell apart in 2013. Since then, I hve been chasing many so called Bosch service centres and authorised service centres, they so far have been quite useless. These service helplines have the audacity to tell me to "ÜPGRADE". Bosch appears to only sell these gizmos like the notorious china mobiles which cannot be repaired. My aquatek is lying in unused state for last 4 years.
If only Bosch would come up for exchange scheme how Venku2015 mentions, I would still go for it

Andy
Grace is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2017, 15:54   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
My thoughts after using this:

A running water supply is not necessary as the unit can pull water from a bucket, but a power connector is required.

Excellent review of the item. Does the unit pull water from the bucket out of the box without having to buy any additional attachment or any additional equipment is needed? Is the power connector for that purpose? if so any idea on where can it be sourced from?

I stay in an apartment without any access to tap water and the only reason I am not taking the plunge is because I am looking at the feature of drawing water from a bucket in a cost effective way.

If you can elaborate on this feature a little it would be great!!

Thanks.
saikatmandal04 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2017, 17:42   #26
BHPian

Is there any Jugaad way to prim water from the bucket without spending 1500rs on that attachment ?
Old 30th January 2017, 00:44   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2n View Post
Ahh! I miss those flash sales with massive discounts on e-commerce sites these days. This is how much I paid for my Black & Decker pressure washer
You got yourself a steal ! I had been tracking the price of this for quite sometime and this is the lowest i found.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace View Post
the unit fell apart in 2013. Since then, I hve been chasing many so called Bosch service centres and authorised service centres, they so far have been quite useless. These service helplines have the audacity to tell me to "ÜPGRADE". Bosch appears to only sell these gizmos like the notorious china mobiles which cannot be repaired. My aquatek is lying in unused state for last 4 years.
Yes i read a lot of -ve reviews about the service or the lack of it as mentioned before, and was holding off the purchase. Finally took the plunge taking the leap of faith when i came across the deal. Lets see what happens, only time will tell. With growing popularity of these devices, hope Bosch improves their service for time to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saikatmandal04 View Post
​Does the unit pull water from the bucket out of the box without having to buy any additional attachment or any additional equipment is needed? Is the power connector for that purpose? if so any idea on where can it be sourced from?
Like i mentioned before, all Bosch AQT washers come with self priming feature which enables the unit to pull water from a stagnant water source like bucket. Only an inlet hose is needed connecting the unit with the water source. The power connector powers the device for pressure washing. You can find the full specification here:
https://www.bosch-garden.com/gb/en/g...9970.jsp#tab_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV2010 View Post
Is there any Jugaad way to prim water from the bucket without spending 1500rs on that attachment ?
No need to buy the attachment. Just get an inlet hose connecting the unit with the water source. The main benefits of the attachment are:
  • Easy clip on attach & removal of the inlet pipe.
  • An inbuilt water strainer, fitted with a non-return valve, removes harmful particulates from the inflow, protecting your pressure washer's internal components from damage.

Snow Foam Lance Update

I ordered the following snow foam lance from Aliexpress on 3rd Jan for around Rs 1260 :
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-...608.0.0.UFXO9j

Package was sent through China air mail and proper tracking ID was given which let me track the package as it arrived at my place on 24th Jan, 20 days after placing order.
Review: Bosch AQT 35-12 Electric Pressure Washer-1.jpg

Package Contents
Review: Bosch AQT 35-12 Electric Pressure Washer-img_20170129_163925.jpg

Instruction Manual
Review: Bosch AQT 35-12 Electric Pressure Washer-img_20170129_164814.jpg

Assembly Instruction Video

After Assembly
Review: Bosch AQT 35-12 Electric Pressure Washer-img_20170129_172159.jpg

Filling up with foam concentrate (25ml for 1L water)
Review: Bosch AQT 35-12 Electric Pressure Washer-img_20170129_174425.jpg

Instructions to use

Foam Wash
Review: Bosch AQT 35-12 Electric Pressure Washer-img_20170129_174502.jpg

Initial Impressions:
  • Assembly was pretty straight forward, after watching the video.
  • The bottle and connectors are of fairly good quality.
  • Free cleaning sponge came as a surprise.
  • Both 1.25 & 1.1 mm nozzles are given for standard and lower powered pressure washer (See manual for more details). AQT 35-12 falls just between the two(+Pressure 120bar/=Power 1500watt/-Flow rate 6L/min), but i kept using the 1.25mm one.
  • Foam is sufficiently thick and creamy even without using 1.1mm nozzle. Will test using the smaller one and let you guys know in future.

So far it looks good. Need to do few more washes to see how the unit stacks up. Will keep you guys posted
Samfromindia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2017, 20:18   #28
BHPian

The Bosch foam lance is just Rs.490 or so. Is it anywhere close to the one from China? Saw some YouTube video and it seems powerful enough to cover the car properly but still not sure.
And do we have any wash and wax solution or just the wash solution?
Old 6th March 2017, 15:45   #29
BHPian

I am getting tempted to buy one of these Bosch unit based on your reviews. My car has developed swirl marks due to cash washing job delegated to society cas-wash guy. It's difficult to keep watch on him to check if he using my own microfiber cloth / clean tap water (i have may times seen him using same water bucket for 2-3 cars)

Along with pressure washing, is there any way of drying without cloth? Drying car up does also need considertable amount of elbow grease. Was thinking about some lazy mans ways to do it easily.
Old 26th March 2017, 20:26   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh_aveo1.4 View Post
The Bosch foam lance is just Rs.490 or so. Is it anywhere close to the one from China? Saw some YouTube video and it seems powerful enough to cover the car properly but still not sure.
And do we have any wash and wax solution or just the wash solution?
There is no Bosch foam lance attachment sold online. Maybe you are referring to the detergent nozzle which costs roughly the same. This model doesnt need an attachment like that as the functionality is built in and the unit can suck detergent from a dedicated inlet pipe. The difference between that and foam is that the detergent will simply spray shampoo on the car and not create a thick layer of foam which clings on to the dirt for a prolonged period of time. Many high end professional washers provide a foam lance also like the one i got aftermarket.

As for wax you always need to apply that manually after cleaning your car and buff off. I use collinite 845. More details on that here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post3887812

Quote:
Originally Posted by techcoze View Post
I am getting tempted to buy one of these Bosch unit based on your reviews. My car has developed swirl marks due to cash washing job delegated to society cas-wash guy. It's difficult to keep watch on him to check if he using my own microfiber cloth / clean tap water (i have may times seen him using same water bucket for 2-3 cars)

Along with pressure washing, is there any way of drying without cloth? Drying car up does also need considertable amount of elbow grease. Was thinking about some lazy mans ways to do it easily.
Buying a pressure washer alone wont solve your swirl mark problem. You need to use clean and good quality microfiber cloth also. Even after pressure wash you may need to wipe some hard to remove dirt with a wash mitt. I use the meguiars one which is really nice.

There is no automated drying solution i know of. However using a good absorbing cloth/chamois will greatly help. I swear by my meguiars water magnet any day. They are priced quite steep but i got huge discount during some promotion in amazon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks