Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2018, 20:30   #61
BHPian

Re: Review: Bosch AQT 35-12 Electric Pressure Washer

Purchased the MJJC foam lance, opted for the plastic type attachment.
Sharing some pictures below for those who are want to compare it with the brass model. The only parts that are plastic are the connector and the bottle attachment.
Review: Bosch AQT 35-12 Electric Pressure Washer-img_20181112_133943.jpg

Review: Bosch AQT 35-12 Electric Pressure Washer-img_20181114_185442.jpg

Review: Bosch AQT 35-12 Electric Pressure Washer-img_20181114_185335.jpg

Plastic parts shown with red arrow:
Review: Bosch AQT 35-12 Electric Pressure Washer-img_20181114_185349.jpg

Since I had opened the trigger gun to address the leakage problem, I had taken some pictures when I had dismantled it. Found these in my backup a while back, sharing the pictures here for those folks who are always curious to know how things work.

Review: Bosch AQT 35-12 Electric Pressure Washer-img_20181102_160751.jpg

Review: Bosch AQT 35-12 Electric Pressure Washer-img_20181102_162131.jpg

Review: Bosch AQT 35-12 Electric Pressure Washer-img_20181102_160853.jpg

Review: Bosch AQT 35-12 Electric Pressure Washer-img_20181102_161918.jpg

Review: Bosch AQT 35-12 Electric Pressure Washer-img_20181102_160918.jpg

Review: Bosch AQT 35-12 Electric Pressure Washer-img_20181102_160807.jpg

Review: Bosch AQT 35-12 Electric Pressure Washer-img_20181102_162140.jpg

Review: Bosch AQT 35-12 Electric Pressure Washer-img_20181102_161927.jpg
francis_vaz is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 18th November 2018, 01:23   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis_vaz View Post
Sharing some pictures below for those who are want to compare it with the brass model.
Nice Any reasons for choosing the plastic connector version over the brass one ? What is the price difference. Also how is the foam lance performing
Samfromindia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2018, 10:32   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
Nice Any reasons for choosing the plastic connector version over the brass one ? What is the price difference. Also how is the foam lance performing
When I had opened the trigger gun, I saw that the plastic where the foam lance locks is very thin. Given that the brass attachment would add in the extra weight along with a bottle full of shampoo, I wasn't quite sure how long the trigger gun would last before it had some serious damage. So I decided to try out the plastic connector to save some weight.
The quality is good, it should last long.
Price difference is about 400 rupees.
I tried it with Niks car shampoo and it was working as expected. The foam was on the car body for about 30-40 seconds after which it started running down slowly.
francis_vaz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2018, 14:33   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis_vaz View Post
Sharing some pictures below for those who are want to compare it with the brass model. The only parts that are plastic are the connector and the bottle attachment.
I have ordered it too from Aliexpress and it has reached my city. Expecting the delivery this week. I opted for brass one. Is Niks shampoo performing well for the foam lance? Any other shampoo you want to suggest?
I have to order one for my foam lance this week.
Prateek19 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2018, 14:43   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prateek19 View Post
I have ordered it too from Aliexpress and it has reached my city. Expecting the delivery this week. I opted for brass one.
Nice!

Quote:
Is Niks shampoo performing well for the foam lance? Any other shampoo you want to suggest?
I have to order one for my foam lance this week.
I haven't tried anything else after using Niks, so won't be able to suggest you, sorry about that.
I found that Niks is working much better after using it with the foam lance. It removes the grime and also helps clean the wheels without much agitation.

I think I'll be sticking to Niks for a long time now.

Last edited by francis_vaz : 20th November 2018 at 14:45.
francis_vaz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2019, 21:08   #66
BHPian

Hi there <noob alert>
I’ve been eyeing one of these bad boys for a while now. Just one question and not sure if this is a common concern. Were there any problems using this kit with hard / salty water? The ground water I get is very salty and wondering if anyone has used the aquatak in similar conditions?

Last edited by Eddy : 29th January 2019 at 21:15. Reason: typo
thevwguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2019, 22:02   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevwguy View Post
Hi there <noob alert> I’ve been eyeing one of these bad boys for a while now. Just one question and not sure if this is a common concern. Were there any problems using this kit with hard / salty water? The ground water I get is very salty and wondering if anyone has used the aquatak in similar conditions?
Salty or hard water will corrode and/or coat the innards i.e. it will negatively affect the machine over time. Make sure you drain out all residual water from the unit before storing it.
R2D2 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st January 2019, 11:05   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevwguy View Post
The ground water I get is very salty and wondering if anyone has used the aquatak in similar conditions?
As R2D2 suggested, drain the residual water after you are done using the machine, also to be on a safer side take some clean water in a bucket and using that water run the machine for a minute or two, so that the pump, the seals, the nozzle, trigger gun and the internals of the machine will be rinsed with fresh water.

Last edited by francis_vaz : 31st January 2019 at 11:07.
Old 28th March 2019, 09:59   #69
BHPian

@samfromindia

I plan to buy a Bosch 33-11 instead of 35-12. Main reason being I have only one car to clean and found it to be much smaller and portable while travelling.
Can you tell me if there are any drawbacks with 33-11. I don't take my car offroading and it is the everyday dust I have to clean. Also, self priming is a must as I plan to draw water from a bucket. Please advice.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 12th April 2019 at 12:39. Reason: typo corrected
Old 1st April 2019, 02:26   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambydude View Post
@samfromindia

I plan to buy a Bosch 33-11 instead of 35-12. Main reason being I have only one car to clean and found it to be much smaller and portable while travelling.
Can you tell me if there are any drawbacks with 33-11. I don't take my car offroading and it is the everyday dust I have to clean. Also, self priming is a must as I plan to draw water from a bucket. Please advice.
Bosch had released a new series of pressure washers and discontinued these models. You can find old stock in some websites though. Here are the latest models:
http://www.bosch-pt.co.in/in/en/bosc...den-tools.html

The new alternative for 33-11 is Easy Aquatak 110. All Aquatak series come with self priming features. Here are a more detailed comparison:

Review: Bosch AQT 35-12 Electric Pressure Washer-1.jpg

As you can see, this has slightly lower pressure & flow rate than its bigger brother. But the main issue is that it has only fan jet outlet instead of 3in1 & 3m hose length. Although fan jet outlet is only needed for car, the rotary jet is very useful for cleaning purposes of stubborn dirt. 5m hose length seems less for many of us and some end up buying extension. 3M is very low unless you are ok with moving the unit around as you wash the car. You will probably need a big extension cord to facilitate the movement. However this is a very cost effective solution. If these are not deal breakers you can go ahead and buy !

Last edited by GTO : 13th April 2019 at 08:25. Reason: Quoted post edited
Samfromindia is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st April 2019, 13:25   #71
BHPian

I have been using Aqt 35-12 for 6 months now but I am not able to use the self priming feature. I am not using any self priming accessory, was just puting a pipe in bucket but the machine never sucks any water. Can anyone tell me the process ?
Prateek19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2019, 17:29   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prateek19 View Post
I have been using Aqt 35-12 for 6 months now but I am not able to use the self priming feature. I am not using any self priming accessory, was just puting a pipe in bucket but the machine never sucks any water. Can anyone tell me the process ?
You don't need the official self priming accessory which is a high quality hose with inlet filter. Make sure the inlet hose is not too long and remove air bubbles as much as possible before turning the unit on. If its still doesn't work maybe your unit needs repair. Here is a video of the base 33-11 model demonstrating self priming.

Samfromindia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2019, 18:01   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Bosch had released a new series of pressure washers and discontinued these models. You can find old stock in some websites though. Here are the latest models:
http://www.bosch-pt.co.in/in/en/bosc...den-tools.html

The new alternative for 33-11 is Easy Aquatak 110. All Aquatak series come with self priming features. Here are a more detailed comparison:

Attachment 1864574

As you can see, this has slightly lower pressure & flow rate than its bigger brother. But the main issue is that it has only fan jet outlet instead of 3in1 & 3m hose length. Although fan jet outlet is only needed for car, the rotary jet is very useful for cleaning purposes of stubborn dirt. 5m hose length seems less for many of us and some end up buying extension. 3M is very low unless you are ok with moving the unit around as you wash the car. You will probably need a big extension cord to facilitate the movement. However this is a very cost effective solution. If these are not deal breakers you can go ahead and buy !
Thanks @samfromindia. I bought an easy aquatek 120 this weekend from a dealer. It has 120 bar, 350 l/hr flow rate and 5m cable. For weekly Washing of two cars ,I guess, this will suffice.

Self priming or taking water from a bucket is still a touch and go. I poured water into the hose before putting its end in the bucket. But it gets disrupted frequently. I'm using a normal hose 2m without any add on valve or filter. Will buying the Bosch self priming hose attachment help in avoiding the frequent disruptions?
Lambydude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2019, 19:52   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks @samfromindia. I bought an easy aquatek 120 this weekend from a dealer. It has 120 bar, 350 l/hr flow rate and 5m cable. For weekly Washing of two cars ,I guess, this will suffice.

Self priming or taking water from a bucket is still a touch and go. I poured water into the hose before putting its end in the bucket. But it gets disrupted frequently. I'm using a normal hose 2m without any add on valve or filter. Will buying the Bosch self priming hose attachment help in avoiding the frequent disruptions?
Well congratulations on your purchase ! Aquatek 120 doesn't have the limitations of 110 as discussed earlier. I always use flowing water coming from overhead tank as source as it is available in my house and its the recommended way to get maximum pressure as mentioned in manual. However i tested the self priming feature for a couple of times just to check it out from a bucket and it worked fine for me. If you see the video shared above there also the guy is facing no issues. Maybe you can try putting the water source at a higher level to aid the suction. The self priming accessory is just a plain pipe with filter, so i doubt there will be any benefit in buying that.
Samfromindia is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2019, 00:53   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
The self priming accessory is just a plain pipe with filter, so i doubt there will be any benefit in buying that.
According to the listing on Amazon, the Bosch self priming accessory has a critical component - a non-return valve (one-way valve, also called check valve, or foot valve) which aids the self priming function by preventing air pockets in hose due to its flex or other disturbances.

With my Bosch EasyAquatech 100, I used to face the same issue of self-priming being hit and miss - in my translucent hose I could clearly see air pockets whenever the flow from pressure pump's gun would stop.
But instead of buying the Bosch official accessory, I ordered this from AliExpress and fit it to my regular hose pipe - self priming is working well and consistently since then!
actinium15 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks