Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2019, 01:11   #76
BHPian

Re: Review: Bosch AQT 35-12 Electric Pressure Washer

Quote:
Originally Posted by actinium15 View Post
According to the listing on Amazon, the Bosch self priming accessory has a critical component - a non-return valve (one-way valve, also called check valve, or foot valve) which aids the self priming function by preventing air pockets in hose due to its flex or other disturbances.

With my Bosch EasyAquatech 100, I used to face the same issue of self-priming being hit and miss - in my translucent hose I could clearly see air pockets whenever the flow from pressure pump's gun would stop.
But instead of buying the Bosch official accessory, I ordered this from AliExpress and fit it to my regular hose pipe - self priming is working well and consistently since then!

That's correct. It has a non return valve. I thought its for reducing environmental impact of not letting water flow back to nature source from machine. Here is what the description says:

Quote:
Bosch's self priming suction hose can be used to supply your AQT pressure washer where running water sources are not available. It can draw in water either from a container or from an open water course such as a lake or pond. Using a suction hose frees you up to clean in remote locations and can also prevent water wastage, saving you money. An inbuilt water strainer, fitted with a non-return valve, removes harmful particulates from the inflow, protecting your pressure washer's internal components from damage. The hose is 3 metre long and is reinforced for added durability.
Although i never faced issue with my limited priming use with normal hose, you must know better as you use extensively. The official priming kit is overpriced. Thanks for suggesting the aftermarket option from aliexpress
Old 3rd April 2019, 12:57   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by actinium15 View Post
According to the listing on Amazon, the Bosch self priming accessory has a critical component - a non-return valve (one-way valve, also called check valve, or foot valve) which aids the self priming function by preventing air pockets in hose due to its flex or other disturbances.

With my Bosch EasyAquatech 100, I used to face the same issue of self-priming being hit and miss - in my translucent hose I could clearly see air pockets whenever the flow from pressure pump's gun would stop.
But instead of buying the Bosch official accessory, I ordered this from AliExpress and fit it to my regular hose pipe - self priming is working well and consistently since then!
Thanks a lot. This makes sense. I could also see air bubbles in my inlet hose when the self priming stopped.

Can you let me.know how to connect this valve to the hose? Are you using 0.5 inch hose?
Lambydude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2019, 16:43   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambydude View Post
Can you let me.know how to connect this valve to the hose? Are you using 0.5 inch hose?
I measured the internal diameter of my hose pipe before ordering - it was almost 12mm, so that was the size I ordered. It fits the hose perfectly.

The item I received from AliExpress had a flow-direction marking on it. The non-return valve is to be attached only on one end of the hose, such that the water can enter the hose through the valve but not escape through it. Image below should help:
Review: Bosch AQT 35-12 Electric Pressure Washer-img_20190403_163511.jpg
I place the end with the valve inside the water bucket, and attach the other end of hose to the inlet of the pressure washer.

Even if there were no markings on the valve, it would have been trivial to figure out which end to connect the hose to - blowing the air through it would help figure out the flow direction valve allows.
actinium15 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks