Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2008, 12:54   #106
Senior - BHPian

Folks,

Need your recommendation on reliable Horn for my Swift D. My horn is not working the way it should and giving out a very feeble sound (as if it has got a sore throat). need some advise on -

1. I want a highly reliable but pleasant to hear horn which is not very expensive. Suggest the brand and the shop in Bangalore where I can buy and get it fitted.

2. On under what conditions rewiring is needed.

3. Should I replace my existing horn if they are suboptimal and utilize the same wiring/relay etc...?

4. What would be the typical fitting cost onto my Swift D.

Thanks.
Old 10th April 2008, 11:53   #107
Senior - BHPian

Folks,

Didn't get any response from anyone. Seems that there is a demand for power horns and not for normal reliable horns. Would appreciate your help on the 4 questions I have asked.

Thanks.
Old 10th April 2008, 11:55   #108
BHPian

Try the Stebel Nautilus series.Fitted it in my Fiesta last week-loud & clear.Sounds better than the 3pipe Stebel air horn.Price-775-fiting-200.
Old 10th April 2008, 12:05   #109
BHPian

Our Fabia has a wimpy, low-intensity plain vanilla beep of a horn that sounds so lame, it seems to emanate from some car other than your own. BUT given the prevailing levels of noise pollution in Bangalore, I've opted to keep it that way.
I had upgraded my Cielo horn to a 3-trumpet Bosch air job, but it didn't last long...sorry if I've not been much help.
Old 10th April 2008, 16:33   #110
BHPian

Hi My 2008 Vdi horn seems to be ok to me. Is it the same horn you are mentioning about or is 2008 model is having a different horn ?
Old 10th April 2008, 16:57   #111
Senior - BHPian

I know what you guys mean. My swifts horn is almost dead I am thinking of putting the innova or corolla horn.They are not too loud and are quite sweet on the ears. Anyone know where to get them from and how much?
Old 10th April 2008, 17:19   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
I know what you guys mean. My swifts horn is almost dead I am thinking of putting the innova or corolla horn.They are not too loud and are quite sweet on the ears. Anyone know where to get them from and how much?
Used to be an after-market brand called Addon and they were good horns. You could check if they're still in circulation.
Old 10th April 2008, 19:42   #113
BHPian

You can go for roots. Place the horn behing the front bumper left side. I am not sure if a relay is required or not as few people say that swift diesel already comes with a relay fitted. But if not then a relay will be required. I will be getting it installed soon as the stock horn on the swift is pathetic.
Old 11th April 2008, 00:24   #114
Senior - BHPian

minda manufacture good horns. dual tones are good.i have fitted stebel nautilus few months ago. but its too powerful. i use it only to remove the dirts in the traffic and blow over when i want to show slow moving idiots moving from right lanes where they belong to.
i am using is along with the OEM horn with toggle switch.
HELLA, ROOTS Bosch etc come in duplicates too. so be aware.
Old 11th April 2008, 09:50   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

Dieselfan, there are 3/4 threads where people have either replaced their stock horns with powerful Roots/Bosch/Stebel etc horns or added an extra set with a toggle switch. Try searching with 'power horns' or 'stebel' etc and you should pick them up.

Also, from my memory, I think the VDI comes with a relay while the Swift petrols don't. Believe one of the earlier VDI owners fixed an extra horn. Maybe Geeksrik? Just search and all your queries will be answered :-)

I am considering fitting an extra pair of Stebel Magnum TM/2s (ordinary electromagnetic horns) which are near in output (136db) to the illegal Nautilus ones (139db). Understand in Bangalore that it is about 900 bucks with fitting and Roots/PMP brand relay adding about 300 bucks more. The only reason I haven't yet is the lack of time, fear about duplicate horns and voiding warranty on my year-old Aveo :-)
Old 13th April 2008, 18:24   #116
Senior - BHPian

I had my car fitted with a FIAMM horns (the ones that come as stock on Skoda). The horns are very nice to ehar event hough they are powerful. It would be very useful on highways. In the city I plan to use it only as a emergency and that too with a light tap.
Old 13th April 2008, 18:42   #117
BHPian

Mods, why can't newbies post messages with are less than 20 words. At times writing more than 20 words forces us to write a lot of things which are not meaningful. Furthermore there are times when the characters are more than 20 but the same is bot accepted.
Old 25th May 2010, 20:06   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfinstein View Post
I just upgraded the normal Minda Horns in my XETA to Mico BOSCH Symphony Series, These are the same ones that are installed in the OEM of Lancer and Skoda.
My Lancer has Roots, since when I changed the OEM horns 2 years back, I could not manage to find Boch.

They costed me Rs.380/- With 6 months Warranty. Are well under the legal prescribed Sound Limit.

Hey there,

Buddy, can you please tell me where you got these from in New Delhi? I think I might be needing a replacement for my current set of horns very soon.

Thanks.
Old 4th November 2014, 12:14   #119
BHPian

Re: Suggest a good sounding horn for my Swift

In my case, the horn on swift (2006 VXi) just does not last long enough. It works for few months and then just stops. Today, I sprayed WD40 equivalent spray (DC2-26) directly on the horn continously.
It did come back to life - but not sure how long it would last

I am referring to OEM horns from MASS (Hella brand)
Old 4th November 2014, 14:05   #120
Senior - BHPian

Re: Suggest a good sounding horn for my Swift

When it was time to change my Alto's OEM horn, I bought the basic Bosch twin horn and replaced the OEM horn myself. As I was not interested in fitting a relay, I am using just a single horn from the pack. Serves the purpose, and I do not want to add to the noise pollution.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks