Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2021, 20:39   #346
BHPian

re: The Ceramic Coating Thread

After much thought went for ceramic coating for my Hexa at Max Shine Thane. The owner Mr. Mangesh is very professional in approach and done the fantastic job on my Hexa. Here are some pictures taken after ceramic coating.
The Ceramic Coating Thread-20210110_171707.jpg

The Ceramic Coating Thread-20210110_171748.jpg

The Ceramic Coating Thread-20200219_112653.jpg

The Ceramic Coating Thread-20210115_114810.jpg
sandeepsc is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 14:09   #347
BHPian

After much deliberation, I have finalized ceramic coating for my Accord. However, I am bit uncomfortable leaving the car in an unknown garage for 3 days. Especially given rampant parts swapping.
The mere thought is kind of pushing me away from this. Any thoughts on this will be helpful.
Old 27th January 2021, 14:16   #348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarav100 View Post
The question I have is that can sticking flowers stems (natural/artificial) and a bouquet of flowers on the hood using cello tape damage paint ? The car will be driven for about 500 kms in total with the flowers stuck on it.
Ask your florist to send a bouquet with a suction cup. You'll have to return the suction cup after use I believe.

If I'm not wrong, flower stems on the sides of the car are usually stuck with tape. Avoid it if possible. The glue residue will remain in the paintwork especially if you're traveling 500 kms under the sun.
Turbohead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 19:37   #349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
Ask your florist to send a bouquet with a suction cup. You'll have to return the suction cup after use I believe.

If I'm not wrong, flower stems on the sides of the car are usually stuck with tape. Avoid it if possible. The glue residue will remain in the paintwork especially if you're traveling 500 kms under the sun.
Thank you for the suction cup idea.

With regards to flower sticks, yes, they are stuck with cello tape only. Avoiding them is not possible, unless I'm willing to strain relationship with relatives

Hence, I'd like to know if wax or coating of some kind would help prevent / minimise permanent damage to paintwork. Or alternatively, if tape of some specific automotive grade is available that does not affect paint.

Looking for further suggestions with regards to protecting paint.
Old 27th January 2021, 23:25   #350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarav100 View Post
Or alternatively, if tape of some specific automotive grade is available that does not affect paint.

Looking for further suggestions with regards to protecting paint.
Use masking tape that automotive painters use. You'll need to have leaves or something cover it, because it's not transparent. It can be had in very thin strips, though.
v1p3r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 22:40   #351
BHPian

Any suggestions who offers graphene coating in New delhi.
For ceramic I have heard good reviews for detailing devil and Always dry.
Always dry is quoting 40K for Honda City 2020 and detailing devil quoted 20K (negotiable).
Always dry is offering 4-5 microns thickness and detailing devil is offering 6-7 microns.

Looking for suggestions.
Thanks in advance.
Old 30th January 2021, 21:51   #352
BHPian

For Bangalore BHPians, just want to put in a good word for the work done by Samrat and his team at Felicity Design Studio (Ashok Nagar).

I got Ceramic Coating done on my Dark Edition Harrier with the guys and they did a very thorough and professional job. They have various packages at varying price points. The one I chose was Ceramic Heal Light. This has some self healing properties, when exposed to the sun.

After the first round of application, they call you back for another application of detailer after about 10-12 days.

All work done was commendable. I am in way connected to the guys. In fact I got to know about them from this very forum.

A job well done, and another satisfied BHPian customer.

Adding a few pics for reference.

The Ceramic Coating Thread-img_7950.jpg

The Ceramic Coating Thread-img_7951-2.jpg

The Ceramic Coating Thread-img_7952-2.jpg

The Ceramic Coating Thread-img_7953-2.jpg
Garth is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 15:40   #353
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

I have contacted a few good detailers in my city, most of these guys have quoted me 5999 5H Ceramic Coating with 1 Year Warranty for my Swift. The product they will be using is of Meguiars. They have also quoted me Rs 9000 with 9H Hardness. Is it a good price for ceramic coating? Is 5H hardness enough to last for 1 year with washing done once a week?
Old 27th February 2021, 12:24   #354

Hi, I am in Kolkata and had been searching for a good and reliable service provider to get ceramic coating done on my BMW X3. Just wondering if any of my fellow BHPians from Kolkata can point me towards a good ppace to get this done. It would be great if you can describe your experience with the detailer and how much should I expect a good job to cost me.
Old 23rd March 2021, 02:46   #355

Got the c300d c3 coated at Shifterz Kochi and loved it.

The Ceramic Coating Thread-67577bd8cab64dcf92a59167a38075c9.jpeg

Last edited by vb-saan : 23rd March 2021 at 04:35. Reason: typo
Nthusiast is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th March 2021, 21:32   #356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nthusiast View Post
Got the c300d c3 coated at Shifterz Kochi and loved it.
WOW! Totally drool worthy!
If you dont mind, please could you share the price for this, and how long it took?

Thanks!
Old 25th March 2021, 16:28   #357
BHPian

Hi, I am looking for some inputs on Ceramic coating and hoping that you can help. I have booked Safari XZA+ Adventure edition (Tropical Mist color) and expecting delivery in 7-8 days time. I intend to keep the vehicle for long (5+ years) and hence thinking of doing the ceramic coating treatment. I need your help with the below:

1. Does anybody know professional and reputed vendor in the Pune area for the ceramic coating? I checked with Pitshop in Wakad and I have been given a quote of 30K for one time coating with 5 years warranty. They are using the product from Gyeon and the process will be for 2-3 days.

2. I checked with 3M for the ceramic coating and they have a different process. They use 2 coats to start with and apply additional coats after a gap of 3 every months till first 15 months. The quote for this process is ~30K. After 15 months, they recommend taking annual package (~26K) covering 7 different types of treatments including interiors.

Do you know if 3M plan is better for ceramic coating or one time coating as per point 1 above? For my previous car, I have used the annual packages from 3M and felt that it kept my car in better condition. However I have no experience with Ceramic coating.

Thanks in advance!
varman742 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2021, 10:57   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varman742 View Post
Hi, I am looking for some inputs on Ceramic coating and hoping that you can help. I have booked Safari XZA+ Adventure edition (Tropical Mist color) and expecting delivery in 7-8 days time. I intend to keep the vehicle for long (5+ years) and hence thinking of doing the ceramic coating treatment. I need your help with the below:

1. Does anybody know professional and reputed vendor in the Pune area for the ceramic coating? I checked with Pitshop in Wakad and I have been given a quote of 30K for one time coating with 5 years warranty. They are using the product from Gyeon and the process will be for 2-3 days.

2. I checked with 3M for the ceramic coating and they have a different process. They use 2 coats to start with and apply additional coats after a gap of 3 every months till first 15 months. The quote for this process is ~30K. After 15 months, they recommend taking annual package (~26K) covering 7 different types of treatments including interiors.

Do you know if 3M plan is better for ceramic coating or one time coating as per point 1 above? For my previous car, I have used the annual packages from 3M and felt that it kept my car in better condition. However I have no experience with Ceramic coating.

Thanks in advance!
I Recommend Aquatint in Pune. They have branches at Wakad, fc road and kharadi

Check out below :
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other...tint-pune.html (Detailing Studio - Aquatint (Pune))
jayakumarkp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2021, 12:27   #359
BHPian

Is it worthwhile getting a ceramic coating done on a 2014 Honda City CVT (White Colour) after 6 years of use and the car getting nicked and bumped here and there? Intend to keep it for at least another 3-4 years.
Old 27th March 2021, 14:22   #360

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandavinash View Post
Is it worthwhile getting a ceramic coating done on a 2014 Honda City CVT (White Colour) after 6 years of use and the car getting nicked and bumped here and there? Intend to keep it for at least another 3-4 years.
In my view, Ceramic coating is to protect the existing paint and clear coat, so I would suggest to go for repainting for your Honda City, you will feel it's all new again and the cost will be very similar if not less. Also if you feel like protecting that new pain then you can do a DIY ceramic coating. Tere are lot of suggestions and step by step guides also in available in TeamBhp.

Cheers
Ram
ram_bishop is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks