Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2022, 08:06   #481

re: The Ceramic Coating Thread

Friends, I am expecting the delivery of my X3 ion next couple of weeks and currently trying to understand the treatment it would need that can serve it well over the course of next decade considering regular recommended annual/bi-annual maintenance is done on time.

My usage is approximately 10K kms each year and workdays usually involve 30 kms where the car would be parked in basements most of the time.

Considering that car is of carbon black color I feel that a high quality ceramic coating or a PPF is definitely required.

My questions to the experts here:

- if I go with PPF do I need to get it changed after 5 years even if I go with the best ones?
- Can a good ceramic coat withstand a decade of usage for my kind of use?
- While scratch protection or self healing are always good to have, if one goes with a ceramic coat and get scratches (inevitable) can detailers help remove it with any re-coat without the need to re-paint?
- I had a discussion with a dealer for Garware PPF who claimed direct sourcing from Garware and also certified and trained applicators. I also saw a Porsche done with it which looked stunning. Hence wanted to check if Garware is worth considering at about 700 psqft?
- How good is Avery Dennison? I read about few folks getting it done on this forum and happy with it. The price offered is way less than the market leaders 3M, Expel etc.
- Any recommendation for a detailed in Gurugram who can provide genuine services - True VFM for these services?

My max budget is 1-1.2 L for all the detailing work and while I can stretch up if there is a strong case to do so.

Looking forward to your advice and suggestions.

Thanks in advance!
Old 26th April 2022, 10:27   #482

Got the Graphene coating done for my 2 month old Octavia at Crankit Automotive. They did an awesome job! Sharing few pictures
Attached Thumbnails
The Ceramic Coating Thread-octavia1.jpeg  

The Ceramic Coating Thread-octavia2.jpeg  

The Ceramic Coating Thread-octavia3.jpeg  

SSM98 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 26th April 2022, 12:14   #483
BHPian

@AJ56 Thanks for reply

@SSM98 Your car really shines!
What color is it? Ibis white or something else?
Surya1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2022, 17:02   #484

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surya1 View Post
@SSM98 Your car really shines!
What color is it? Ibis white or something else?
Thank you! Color is Candy White

Last edited by manson : 26th April 2022 at 19:59. Reason: Fixed quote.
Old 1st May 2022, 00:47   #485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muditchawla View Post

My usage is approximately 10K kms each year and workdays usually involve 30 kms where the car would be parked in basements most of the time.

Get a good quality ceramic job done, ppf when done,most people dont keep the car that long to elaborate on details its like decades ago when people used to laminate their nokia cells thats what ppf is actually. Get a good ceramic coat and get it maintained every 2 years you should be good

Last edited by benbsb29 : 27th May 2022 at 11:00. Reason: Trimmed quoted post + fixed broken quote tag.
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2022, 08:14   #486

Thanks for your response! I got similar feedback from multiple sources. Ceramic Coating it is! No waiting eagerly for the delivery of the car.
Old 10th May 2022, 11:02   #487
BHPian

Thanks for all the knowledge on this thread. I am still debating if I should get a ceramic coating on my new N Line. I have a couple of small scratches on the rear bumper already which I plan to touch up soon. Wanted to understand how ceramic coating holds up on top of "touched up" scratches.

Any thoughts?
Old 10th May 2022, 13:47   #488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaysehgal View Post
Thanks for all the knowledge on this thread. I am still debating if I should get a ceramic coating on my new N Line. I have a couple of small scratches on the rear bumper already which I plan to touch up soon. Wanted to understand how ceramic coating holds up on top of "touched up" scratches.

Any thoughts?
The detailing guys will try and get rid of the scratches if the scratches are not too deep. If they are deep then they will be visible even after the coating. The scratches, however, should not affect the coating as such. Just make sure you get it done from a reputed detailing shop.
TurbochargedT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2022, 18:06   #489
BHPian

I am planning to go for ceramic coating for my 1 month old XUV7OO. White color. I am based out of Pune and seeking advice/recommendation on the shop.
I enquired at below places:

Detailing Devils:
1 yr: 15k
3 yrs: 20k
5 yrs: 30k

Aquatint:
1 yr: 18k
2 yrs: 22k
3 yrs: 62k (comprehensive inside + outside, claim 7 coatings for 7 different surfaces)

Detailing Mafia:
3 yrs: 30k
5 yrs: 40k
7 yrs: 50k

Aquatint prices are higher in comparison. I don't want to spend much on ceramic coatings right now.
Any views?

Last edited by StepUP! : 10th May 2022 at 18:15.
StepUP! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2022, 19:19   #490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
I am planning to go for ceramic coating for my 1 month old XUV7OO. White color. I am based out of Pune and seeking advice/recommendation on the shop.
I enquired at below places:

Detailing Devils:
1 yr: 15k
3 yrs: 20k
5 yrs: 30k

Aquatint:
1 yr: 18k
2 yrs: 22k
3 yrs: 62k (comprehensive inside + outside, claim 7 coatings for 7 different surfaces)

Detailing Mafia:

Aquatint prices are higher in comparison. I don't want to spend much on ceramic coatings right now.
Any views?
I did ceramic coating from Detailing devils and took 05 year package on my Xuv 700 (Midnight Black). They did really good job. They have branches in various cites (Nagpur, Pune, Bangalore, Mumbai and Hyderabad) and you can take anywhere for maintenance yearly. Also, you don't need to spend more on detailing as that would be done in yearly maintenance for 05 years.
Piyush_DT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2022, 20:36   #491
BHPian

Since the thread says is cermaic useful!! Here are some inputs from my end. Black plastic remains black, water beading and repulsion is at a different level thus making it easier to clean the car. Bird droppings etc are easily removed without damaging the paint. Ceramic used here is from Sonax, called CC Evo!
Attached Thumbnails
The Ceramic Coating Thread-dee85f6fb1b241f98e9e7f5ce25d948e.jpg  

The Ceramic Coating Thread-5d66d57191d84f1cad81f8c9d904af19.jpg  

Attached Images

ssjr0498 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th May 2022, 12:44   #492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
Detailing Mafia:

Any views?
If Detailing Mafia is offering Opti Coat Pro/Pro+ then go for it. They are the authorized detailers for Opti Coat in India. Opti Coat is world renowned for coatings. I suggest you bargain hard for the 5yrs Opti Coat Pro, it should be offered at 35k.
Old 15th May 2022, 21:08   #493
BHPian

I have an urgent question. I had my car picked few days ago after Crystal serum ultra ceramic coating. On the very same day bird pooped on my shining new car. I washed my car with pressure water only. Will that tap water harm the coating? It was approximately 23 hrs after coating

Any ideas.

Last edited by Surya1 : 15th May 2022 at 21:09.
Old 26th May 2022, 07:50   #494
BHPian

Is it better to just get paint restoration and detailing done every year rather than a ceramic coating? Price wise it’ll end up costing half over a 5 year period.
di1in is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2022, 08:41   #495
BHPian

You need not worry, 23hrs post the coat is a long enough time for it to harden and settle in. You did the right thing by cleaning it, however, should have just used a wet cloth! Still at the end of the day, nothing to worry! Good quality ceramic wont be harmed so easily!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surya1 View Post
I have an urgent question. I had my car picked few days ago after Crystal serum ultra ceramic coating. On the very same day bird pooped on my shining new car. I washed my car with pressure water only. Will that tap water harm the coating? It was approximately 23 hrs after coating

Any ideas.
ssjr0498 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks