Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2007, 17:48   #31
Team-BHP Support

Guys I found a good product for cars. It is the Sparco SP014LLH007 . Cost is $100 for a can and it looks cool . Here is an image:

Sadly not available in India.
Old 13th July 2007, 20:12   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

CeaseFire - BLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo
I checked out the "ceasefire". Pretty compact ... No maintainence for 5 years.

The dealer quoted 1500Rs.(Is this the right price?).
Guys, any one intrested in the CeaseFire fire extinguisher ? Contacted the BLR office, they said Rs 1500/- per can, 650 gm, with B&W. Type - ABCD. 5 year warranty & no maintenance. He is quoting a 10% off for 5 or more pieces. If we have sufficient numbers, we could try for more.

@gigy, which is the 2 kg cylinder you mentioned ?

Last edited by condor : 13th July 2007 at 20:14.
Old 13th July 2007, 20:20   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mf
Sadly not available in India.
Methods Automotive is the distributor for India.
These guys usually import stuff against order.So, im pretty sure it can be ordered here.
Old 13th July 2007, 21:17   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Methods Automotive is the distributor for India.
These guys usually import stuff against order.So, im pretty sure it can be ordered here.
Am sure it can be ordered from them but going by what our members have experienced with their service, am not too sure if it will be delivered or if at all we get some feedback from them.
Old 13th July 2007, 23:50   #35
BHPian

Install it on the passenger side where you see the net in the pic

Old 29th June 2008, 10:41   #36
BHPian

Fire Extinguisher In your car

Is it important or a must to keep a Handy Fire Extinguisher in your car . I have seen it in few Tourist cabs and i always felt it can use or help during emergency .

Any idea about make and costing and some experiences which can help all .

Regards .. Kat
Old 29th June 2008, 11:17   #37
BHPian

Hey Karthik,

I recall a model of Fire Extinguisher called "Cease Fire" while I was in India , It was basically a very handy unit intended for the house. I am sure you can have a stand/holder fabricated. Here in Bahrain the Fire Extinguisher is placed below the front right seat (Left hand driven cars). Please do check with the experts on what type is suitable for the car (i.e.) there are various types such as wet, dry, riser and so on.

good luck pal
Old 29th June 2008, 11:37   #38
BHPian

An original cease-fire should cost you around 1000-1200 bucks here in Delhi. The fake one's or the not so good one's come in for around 600 Rs.
Just make sure that it's in your easy reach. Normally the dealers attach it on the A-pillar. However, what i've done is put it in the glove box. Works for me better.
These normally have a warranty of about 10 years. Just pray that you never get a chance to use it

Cheers!
M2S
Old 29th June 2008, 13:11   #39
Senior - BHPian

I didn't know about this warranty bit. You mean to say that in case the extinguisher is unable to work within the 10 year period when the car catches fire, then they will replace the device or er ahem.. the car..

Cynicism apart, somewhere I heard that you need to recharge the fire extinguishing chemical every two years or so to work in emergencies..

Quote:
Originally Posted by married2speed View Post
An original cease-fire
These normally have a warranty of about 10 years.

Cheers!
M2S
Old 29th June 2008, 13:46   #40
BHPian

Hi kathik,

Just checked a few cars here and they all have "Dry powder: ABC, BC (above 50 to 70%)" type of extinguishers. and lets hope you never have to use it though.

Best Regards,
Old 29th June 2008, 14:45   #41
BHPian

Quote:
I didn't know about this warranty bit. You mean to say that in case the extinguisher is unable to work within the 10 year period when the car catches fire, then they will replace the device or er ahem.. the car..
but in case the fire extinguisher doesn't work, I guess it'll be a lot more people who'll bear the wrath than the fire-extinguisher dealer.

Quote:
Cynicism apart, somewhere I heard that you need to recharge the fire extinguishing chemical every two years or so to work in emergencies.
I guess that's what they tell us at the fire-safety class but this dealer i picked it up from, said that it would hold good for 10 years. I checked this on the ceasefire website as well and this is what is said:

Guaranteed for 5 years. You can test an extinguisher only once when you ctually put out a fire. That's why Ceasefire is designed to be as reliable on the last day of its shelf life as the first. It needs no refilling, and no maintenance. Yet is backed by a nationwide service network.

Gd- We both stand corrected

Hope this helps
Cheers!
M2S
Old 25th October 2008, 07:25   #42
Senior - BHPian

Fire Retardant ?

Was browsing through the local big bazaar and saw some red cans marked Fire Retardant in the auto section. Will they work in an emergency , or do i need proper fire extinguishers
Old 25th October 2008, 17:14   #43
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I have seen some wood suppliers use this for special applications. It basically gives an X material a higher level of resistance to catching fire.

Entirely different from fire extinguishers.
Old 26th October 2008, 14:36   #44
Senior - BHPian

no, it looked like some kind of fire retardant foam, somthing you spray on a fire, not the preventive type
Old 26th October 2008, 17:39   #45
Team-BHP Support

Greenhorn,

I'm guessing here - maybe for legal reasons (which country was it manufactured in?) they could not call it a "fire extinguisher" and hence it had to be called a fire retardant since there was no guarantee it would entirely extinguish the fire, but guaranteed to retard it?

Alternatively, was it for a special type of fire (lithium (?)) that might be hard to extinguish but easier to slow down spreading?

cya
R

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks