Team-BHP - Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/200214-comprehensive-guide-led-headlight-upgrades-11.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 4532730)
I think the link to that item is this.

Search for "iLens" in AliExpress, you'll get the item.

Yup this is the one. It’s called “iLens”. It produces a perfect 5000K light. Instant on and the flash is very prominent. People give way instantly.

P.S: ignore that line at the bottom, that’s a huge crack on my windshield

Here are some output shots
Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades-480b3c60e7a04fc3974fbaa1e796387a.jpeg
Low beam

Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades-a1df4d2784884a488236cd96b38b3688.jpeg
High beam

Quote:

Originally Posted by drhoneycake (Post 4532769)
Yup this is the one. It’s called “iLens”. It produces a perfect 5000K light. Instant on and the flash is very prominent. People give way instantly

Does it have any bulbs in there? What do we do if the LED conks off?

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 4532730)
I think the link to that item is this.

Search for "iLens" in AliExpress, you'll get the item.

These are H4. Any link to H7? Plus, these are only lenses. Any suggestion for the same sized LEDs that will fit these perfectly? Will these work for global Fiesta?

Quote:

Originally Posted by suku_patel_22 (Post 4532809)

They have LED chips inside that emit the light that is reflected onto the road by a reflector bowl. No bulbs of any sort. If and when the LED conks off, the projector will need to be replaced but I don’t see that happening. The newer cars all use LED projectors.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arsi (Post 4533346)
These are H4. Any link to H7? Plus, these are only lenses. Any suggestion for the same sized LEDs that will fit these perfectly? Will these work for global Fiesta?

They are universal projectors, they donot have “H” numbers. They need to be retrofit into existing headlights. They will fit into any modern headlight.

Quote:

Originally Posted by drhoneycake (Post 4533402)
They have LED chips inside that emit the light that is reflected onto the road by a reflector bowl. No bulbs of any sort. If and when the LED conks off, the projector will need to be replaced but I don’t see that happening. The newer cars all use LED projectors.

They are universal projectors, they donot have “H” numbers. They need to be retrofit into existing headlights. They will fit into any modern headlight.

Oh great. From your pics, the light from the projectors seems awesome. I am looking forward to installing these in my Fiesta low beam socket. Plus, another pair of non-projector LEDs for high beams so that while on high beam, both these and the LEDs in high beam will glow.clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by suku_patel_22 (Post 4532809)

One can expect the LED lamps to last for the life of the car. My take is, if it does not fail in the first month or two then one can expect it to last for the life of the car. I am assuming the charging system is Kosher.

Quote:

Originally Posted by drhoneycake (Post 4533402)

From the pictures the spread looks outstanding. Hows the reach with high beam on the highway?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arsi (Post 4533418)
Oh great. From your pics, the light from the projectors seems awesome. I am looking forward to installing these in my Fiesta low beam socket. Plus, another pair of non-projector LEDs for high beams so that while on high beam, both these and the LEDs in high beam will glow.clap:

My experience tells that LEDs on high beam dont work well unless very focused since they tend to disperse more. I have reverted from LEDs in my car's high beam to Osram night breakers. One short drive in the night on a dark highway was enough to help make that decision.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgiitk (Post 4534208)
One can expect the LED lamps to last for the life of the car. My take is, if it does not fail in the first month or two then one can expect it to last for the life of the car. I am assuming the charging system is Kosher.

From the design of the LED that i saw in the aliexpress pics, it has a big heat sink and a fan to cool things down. The biggest failing point usually are the LEDs when they over heat. Keep the heatsink and fan clean to enable optimum cooling which otherwise will deteriorate with time. As pointed by Sir the electronics hopefully is good enough for automotive rating.

Hello everyone, I was looking to upgrade stock headlights of my car to LED. My car happens to be an old Skoda Octavia 1.9 Rider. Stock lights are pathetic to say the least. Can any of you suggest which leds to go for? currently headlight bulbs are H4 type and fog lamp projector bulb type are H3 type. I wouldnt mind going to a dedicated shop in bangalore too. I am attaching a picture of the car for reference. Thanks

Given the plethora of options in the LED space, I'm looking to source H11 low beam LED lights for my Honda City 2014.

Based on thoughts in this thread, looking at this Auxbeam option available on this link : https://www.amazon.in/Auxbeam-Headli...+LED+Headlight

A doubt I had was on chip type : one image says COB chip (which is not the latest gen) whereas another image says latest CSP type chip. The overall design seems to be CSP though, and is similar to the images shared by supertinu etc. It's in a 2x3 grid though, rather than 1x3.

Would this be the right product for H11 low beam requirements?

Another similar product I'm looking at this, on Aliexpress, which between this and the Auxbeam above would be better : https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2Pcs...3ddb4c4dVZt7TU

A word of caution regarding the HLXG official store products on Aliexpress. They seem to have quality issues.

I had ordered a pair of H11 4300K LED. One of the bulbs stopped working within 10 hours of operation. So i contacted the seller and he agreed to send me a replacement if i pay the shipping costs. The replacement also turned out to be faulty with one of the bulbs conking off within 3 hours of operation.

On the other hand, the H27/880/881 LED i had ordered from CNSUNNYLIGHT is going strong after using them for 50 hours and a few highway drives.

Definitely will not order any more HLXG products after incurring a loss of $44. Wanted to share the experience here for the benefit of others.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sagarpadaki (Post 4540612)
A word of caution regarding the HLXG official store products on Aliexpress. They seem to have quality issues.

I had ordered a pair of H11 4300K LED. One of the bulbs stopped working within 10 hours of operation. So i contacted the seller and he agreed to send me a replacement if i pay the shipping costs. The replacement also turned out to be faulty with one of the bulbs conking off within 3 hours of operation.

On the other hand, the H27/880/881 LED i had ordered from CNSUNNYLIGHT is going strong after using them for 50 hours and a few highway drives.

Definitely will not order any more HLXG products after incurring a loss of $44. Wanted to share the experience here for the benefit of others.

Thanks for this feedback. In fact, after I wrote my post (right above yours), I did a lot more research and it seems Oslamp is a better bet, product quality wise. They have a huge dedicated store, right within Aliexpress, and have a new fanless series and I'm looking at something like this now, in H11 type : https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...pots_2603520.5

Quote:

I endorse this. I have a full set of cnsunnylight on both my cars and they're pretty good performers so far over 20k km across both cars. Of course not much of that is night drives but when I do drive at night they've performed flawlessly.

India's climate needs both a fan and a heat sink I guess which cnsunnylight has - heat sink only or fan only models don't work too well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hserus (Post 4540639)
I endorse this. I have a full set of cnsunnylight on both my cars and they're pretty good performers so far over 20k km across both cars. Of course not much of that is night drives but when I do drive at night they've performed flawlessly.

India's climate needs both a fan and a heat sink I guess which cnsunnylight has - heat sink only or fan only models don't work too well.

I have a Oslamp in my headlamp assembly (H4) and a CNSunnylight in my foglamp assembly. Both are with heat sinks only and without fans. Both are going strong since last two years although my usage is limited to one hour daily night drive only.

Quote:

I too am using 2 pairs of HLXG ones and they are running well with over 100+ hours of use till now. Mine were the 6000k ones, one was fanless and other are the lumiled fan based ones.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody (Post 4540705)
I too am using 2 pairs of HLXG ones and they are running well with over 100+ hours of use till now. Mine were the 6000k ones, one was fanless and other are the lumiled fan based ones.

Good to hear that. I do not know if mine is case of sheer bad luck or the quality of HLXG has degraded over time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hserus (Post 4540639)

For me I wanted 4300K and CSP/Flip LED . CNSUNNYLIGHT did not have that combination in H11. Hence had to go with HLXG

Quote:

Originally Posted by archat68 (Post 4540654)
I have a Oslamp in my headlamp assembly (H4) and a CNSunnylight in my foglamp assembly. Both are with heat sinks only and without fans. Both are going strong since last two years although my usage is limited to one hour daily night drive only.

Good to hear that!