Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2010, 14:02   #211
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazydriver84 View Post
hey jose
Just remember to put some heavy duty relays to distribute the power, or else the battery is gonna drain out due to excessive load.
Battery get drain in any case. Here is common misconception about relays. Relay is nothing but a heavy duty automatic switch. Which is used to switch on/off high current circuits. They do not produce current/power to save your battery.

If you use two 100 watts halogens in your headlamp then your relay should be capable of (100*2)/12 = 17 Amperes of current. Normal on/off switch that you find in dashboard is not capable of handling such huge current. Those switches only used for activating relays. Hope it is clear.
Old 23rd June 2010, 10:38   #212

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshshanmugam View Post
Hi Powerport,

K&N doesn't make any moticeable improvement in an M800 and it doesn't meet the cost benefit when compared to the OE Filter in costwise. Its better to stick with OE and go for periodical replacement.
thank you ,but i already have a conical filter with me and its will be a waste if i dont use it ,i had removed it from my earlier car which is sold now(Alto). i just want to know how i can fix it on m800, asper spending money i might just need to spend on the connectors and labor.
Old 23rd June 2010, 19:37   #213
BHPian

Even I am going to get a conical filter for my M800 5speed. Had a replacement k&n, used it for an year and later threw it cause it was soaked in water by the good old M.A.S.S guys. I told them not to touch the filter but they never cared. they have a long face when you ask them questions.So I decided to get an upgraded one, A conical intake.

Now I'm confused which one to get. Greens or K&N. Spoke with both K&N and Greens distributors, K&N quoted appx 7k including fitting where as Greens quoted <5k including fitting. Read reviews about both greens and k&n and they made me more confused. I don't understand what to do.

What do you guys have to say about it?
Old 24th June 2010, 03:24   #214

Postinf this query on behalf of my friend who owns an 800 carb version..he wants to know is it possible to plonk in a MPFI engine?If so,please tell us where to get in mumbai?His car is year 98 manufactured with 100600kms on the odo...
Old 24th June 2010, 13:40   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zealous123 View Post
Postinf this query on behalf of my friend who owns an 800 carb version..he wants to know is it possible to plonk in a MPFI engine?If so,please tell us where to get in mumbai?His car is year 98 manufactured with 100600kms on the odo...
Hi,
This will cost him much for sure. Apart from the MPFI, he needs to fix the ECU and few other componenets. AFAIK its not a good idea to do that.

Cheers!
Old 24th June 2010, 13:45   #216
BHPian

Weight in clutch

Hi,
I found a small iron piece in the back side of the Clutch pedal of my Baleno..thought its for some purpose for the clutch pedal not touching the platform hard. But today found a similar kind of iron piece at the end of th clutch cable of my Fathers' Santro.... Bit confused why they have a metal heavy piece....
Does it got somthing to do with softening the press and release of clutch pedal?

Can i put such one in my 800? If so where can it be fixed to get max benefit...

Am not crazy.. but wanted to know if it can add some difference to my ride...

Cheers!
Old 24th June 2010, 14:21   #217

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshshanmugam View Post
Hi,
This will cost him much for sure. Apart from the MPFI, he needs to fix the ECU and few other componenets. AFAIK its not a good idea to do that.

Cheers!
Thanks suresh for your response...Even i advised him to sell his car&get secondhand 800 mpfi car but he isnt interested&doesnt want to sell his car...he needs to know how much would be cost of sourcing the engine?What all things needs to be taken care of?

He is interested in either 800 mpfi engine or zen mpfi engine?Does this both require external modifications to be done?
Old 24th June 2010, 16:54   #218
BHPian

Well if he gets the parts from the scrap dealer then it may be possible for a 'not so crazy' sum.

The real problem with such a mod is you cant give someone the job to carry it out and happily catch forty winks at home.

such mods are best avoided if you dont understand the systems inside out yourself
and can supervise the mech and guide him when he begins to make a mistake.

as long as you get the parts like the ecU, exhaust manifold(with the sensor) and the complete mpfi system from the junkyard and a new wiring harness which should cost around 2-3 thousand(just the harness). the whole mod should cost less than 15k or even 10k if you have contacts at the scap yard. The price estimates are based on the facts that my college bought an engine gearbox combo along with the ecu belonging to a maruti van for 15k from the scrap yard. the ecu alone was for 5k. You need not and should not replace the whole engine only the above mentioned parts.(maybe few more smaller parts)

getting the job done from the company's A.S.S. will cost bomb and maybe more than the present worth of the car.

Its a mod when done properly will make the car a lot better to drive since mpfi systems seldom deliver airfuel mixture in the wrong ratio (in carbs you need to keep adjusting it often and still never get half as accurate as an mpfi system)and will prolong the engine life considerably

But ill reiterate the fact that if you dont posses the know how yourself dont do it cuz mechanics dont either(posses the know how) and youll have to be their brains.

But my official reply to your query would be that a carb engine can be converted to mpfi and is also a good mod if done properly.

Last edited by mycarhasablower : 24th June 2010 at 16:59.
Old 29th June 2010, 17:18   #219
BANNED

Maruti-800 AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION

Read somewhere about the Auto Transmission M-800.

I am now willing to change the Gearbox from my M-800 over to Auto Transmission.

Any guys know of any Automatic M-800 up for grabs.

Nobody will sell the gearbox alone, so willing to buy the car and then carry on the modifications.

Help
Old 29th June 2010, 18:16   #220

Pavan Try in Shivaji nagar you might be able to find one.
Old 29th June 2010, 19:24   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Read somewhere about the Auto Transmission M-800.

I am now willing to change the Gearbox from my M-800 over to Auto Transmission.

Any guys know of any Automatic M-800 up for grabs.

Nobody will sell the gearbox alone, so willing to buy the car and then carry on the modifications.

Help
You may wanna contact them Please dont bother looking at their clients, you might loose interest

Details from the website Glass Mechanix 9845010539

Pramod

Last edited by pramodkumar : 29th June 2010 at 19:26.
Old 29th June 2010, 19:34   #222
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPort View Post
Pavan Try in Shivaji nagar you might be able to find one.
Have put in a word to some guys out there, 6 months no results yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
You may wanna contact them Please dont bother looking at their clients, you might loose interest

Details from the website Glass Mechanix 9845010539

Pramod
Thanks for the lead.

I've tried it during 2003 when these guys were in Bangalore. I hate it the way it works.

Though few of my friends have them in their Palio's and Zen. They are not too happy , nothing comes close to the Seamless/ progressive shift in the Real Automatic
Old 29th June 2010, 19:43   #223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Have put in a word to some guys out there, 6 months no results yet.

Thanks for the lead.

I've tried it during 2003 when these guys were in Bangalore. I hate it the way it works.

Though few of my friends have them in their Palio's and Zen. They are not too happy , nothing comes close to the Seamless/ progressive shift in the Real Automatic
as far as i know the 800 does not come in autobox anywhere in this world, getting a compatible auto gearbox would be a pain, and if something goes bad then, who am i talking to, the guy who restores cars by finding the rarest of parts, good luck with your search.

Pramod
Old 30th June 2010, 10:39   #224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
as far as i know the 800 does not come in autobox anywhere in this world, getting a compatible auto gearbox would be a pain, and if something goes bad then, who am i talking to, the guy who restores cars by finding the rarest of parts, good luck with your search.

Pramod
You cannot buy a new M800 with auto tranny now, but there were few examples sold in India around 1986-88. Finding one now though, would be like searching for a needle in a haystack. Best bet would be Delhi/Mumbai.

@ Pavan Kadam - I believe it would be easier for you to get hold of a second hand Zen / Santro with auto tranny than to find an 800 with auto transmission. To start with very few examples were sold as people were not too keen on the auto tranny then, due the lower FE from the auto box. Finding an M800 now with original auto box will be much harder than finding an original Mahindra Classic. Hope you get the drift. I know you are the master restorer on the forum, but IMHO, I don't think the effort would be worth it.

Last edited by longhorn : 30th June 2010 at 10:51.
Old 30th June 2010, 12:50   #225
BHPian

Hello all, as a fellow BHPian posted a query in an old thread about M-800 5-spd, sounding coarse while initial cold startups, where could be the prob ? Also the gears are quite hard, the clutch doesnt slip or jerk, the timing assembly is also roaring on idle. I did put a K&N CAI but was of no satisfaction after 15 days of driving. There is a radiator leakage after returning home, it does not leak when unused. Th pick is not appreciable though and it will loose a bicycle race with AC on. AC cooling is good. The car has run only 25k kms, Aug 2003 model. The suspension and bodyline is perfect. Can Gold sensor help in boosting ECU's signals and stoichometric ratio? I have added STP engine additive and engine vibration has reduced. There is no smoke from exhaust. Engine starts with half rotation. The fuel return is also good. Can I change the type-2 headlight assembly to the type-3 ones? I am thinking of upgrading to Osram Nightbreakers, will type-3 headlight shell have different buld holders? What will be the difference in economy if I put 165/60R12 and how hard the steering can behave?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks