Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2007, 16:16   #46
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Manveeteh! : You plan to keep the car for 5 years atleast. The current model Getz is well made and has a decent engine, the Newer version has a changed front end and CRDI engine i think (which again you dont want.) I dont think after five years 06-07 will matter actually.

Go for the discount and get something for your car or the getz itself.
Old 6th February 2007, 17:12   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
New getz will be launched real soon...

So... Resale value of current models will fall soon, no matter be it 2006 manufactured or 2007 manufactured... Also, many will only look at RC book, to check the year of the model...

I feel you should take the discount...
You guys misunderstood.

What I meant to ask was should I buy a car that was manufactured in 2006 - considering it's just been standing in the showroom for 1.5-2+ months.

From what I understand, a not-used engine is almost as bad as an over-used one.. what say?
Old 6th February 2007, 18:47   #48
elf
BANNED

@manveet: The Pre-Delivery Inspection generally takes care of most of the issues of a short-term unused vehicle.

If you're going to get worried about stuff like that, then also think about the transport of the vehicle from it's Tamil Nadu factory to your dealer - the rough trailer ride, the dumping in the dealer's out-of-town lot, being driven from that lot to the dealer's workshop by complete donkeys, & the final pre-delivery ride from the workshop to the showroom.

Don't forget about manufacturing defects, incorrect levels of fluids that might be filled, substandard quality of materials that might be used, etc.

If you get my drift, I think you're getting a bit nuts on the car lying unused for two months. No offense buddy.
Old 6th February 2007, 22:30   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

manveet - the only thing you should be worried abt an unused car is abt it physical condition and that its not been used for other purposes - like a demo car etc. If the car is unused for much longer than 2 months - then you got another thing to worry abt: its not healthy to consider that car then
Old 8th February 2007, 21:02   #50
Senior - BHPian

Manveet had a look at a lavender getz in real life.The car was pretty much brand new but the paint seemed to have aged very quickly,looked real bad,not at all appealing to the eye.
Old 8th February 2007, 22:01   #51
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Manveeteh ? Any update on the new car ?
Old 8th February 2007, 22:25   #52
elf
BANNED

Just saw a lavender Getz - it passed me in the opposite direction this morning.

I wouldn't be able to live with that colour. Heck, I got bored of it in the time it was in my vision (about 2.5 seconds)!

Methinks a dark steel grey or a white would be great.
Old 10th February 2007, 09:48   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf View Post
Just saw a lavender Getz - it passed me in the opposite direction this morning.

I wouldn't be able to live with that colour. Heck, I got bored of it in the time it was in my vision (about 2.5 seconds)!
We're dropping the lavender idea for the same reason. Infact, how do you think it compares to the lavender Estillo. The Estillo's color is more like that of the CRV whereas the Getz' is much lighter and metallic.

Anyhow, was really busy past week. Will be going down to the showrooms today to see whats the best deal I can get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf
Methinks a dark steel grey or a white would be great.
Ditto. Am thinking of a white Getz with my OHC golden alloys.

p.s.

Guys - If i get a 2007 manufactured Getz w/o discount and a 2006 manufactured Getz w discount I should go for the 2006 one na? sure?

Last edited by manveet : 10th February 2007 at 10:05.
Old 10th February 2007, 12:19   #54
elf
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post
... Infact, how do you think it compares to the lavender Estillo. The Estillo's color is more like that of the CRV whereas the Getz' is much lighter and metallic. ...
The more colour in it, the more pissed off I'd get! The Getz colour is definitely better than that of the CRV / Estilo. In fact, yesterday I saw another lavender Estilo, again in the opposite direction. I had half a mind to take a U-turn, chase him down, & offer to pay him to respray his car another colour.
Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post
... Ditto. Am thinking of a white Getz with my OHC golden alloys. ...
In the Geneva Auto shows, back in the good old days when I was a young(er) lad, you used to have a section of the show dedicated to white Mercedes Benzes, with garish body kits (in white), full white or tan leather interiors and gold alloys. The section was called the Arab Quarter.

Methinks you should go for a hyper-black or a light silver respray on the alloys if you're moving them to the new Getz. Even light silver with anodized effect blue accents would look good. Post a largish pic (800x600 max) of one of your alloys, I'll see what I can do.
Old 10th February 2007, 14:06   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf View Post
Methinks you should go for a hyper-black or a light silver respray on the alloys if you're moving them to the new Getz. Even light silver with anodized effect blue accents would look good.
Yaar if its that much of rework then i'd rather buy new alloys for the Getz and keep my OHC ones in place - simply change the tires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf
Post a largish pic (800x600 max) of one of your alloys, I'll see what I can do.
I'll take your help wrt photoshop once I get the Getz - will work out all permutation combinations post that

Update:
Car will be delivered by tomorrow in most probability. Sales guy will be coming home today to discuss pricing. I'll be personally checking out the car today - if it stops raining i.e.

Last edited by manveet : 10th February 2007 at 14:08.
Old 10th February 2007, 19:14   #56
Senior - BHPian

The Lavender Getz

still confused between this and white

Old 10th February 2007, 19:19   #57
Team-BHP Support

No Manveet no. Have you seen the Satin Silver colour. I think that's what is called.

Thats a different colour.
Old 10th February 2007, 19:20   #58
elf
BANNED

The Lavender doesn't look so bad in the photographs, and with the right accents, would look quite good. On second thoughts, it would be a good idea to go in for this for your Mom.
Old 10th February 2007, 20:59   #59
BHPian

I have been following this post and IMHO, this is a great colour to buy for your mom Manveet. Just get this, get some nice light tints and alloys and its super!
Old 10th February 2007, 22:47   #60
BHPian

I was at Hyundai Plaza Okhla and this color Getz was on the display...I was thinking at that time ...that when I finally reach home I will propose same color to you!! Car looked good and the way I was seeing it it looked like the car was yelling at me I am Manveet Mom's Car !!!...I am Manveet Mom's Car !!!...I am Manveet's Mom Car !!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks