Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2007, 19:57   #46
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raajks View Post
Dude go for the Lancer.
It has been a while in the market...you can get plenty of options......

Lancer is THE tuner's car
The current engine running in our lancers ?? ZILCH .. You wont get anything , even if you do still a vtec or a baleno will be quicker .. Yes even with a TC running at 7psi can be beaten by a well modded NA vtec or baleno .. Not worth the effort if you ask me .. Its either got to be a MIVEC or a EVO swap ..
Old 17th April 2007, 10:36   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
The current engine running in our lancers ?? ZILCH .. You wont get anything , even if you do still a vtec or a baleno will be quicker .. Yes even with a TC running at 7psi can be beaten by a well modded NA vtec or baleno .. Not worth the effort if you ask me .. Its either got to be a MIVEC or a EVO swap ..

My question quite simply is...if one were to use the Cedia as a platform & then mod it, without changing the engine, how do you rate that ? As in what is the stock BHP & what can one achieve post mods. Are you saying that it is futile against a Modified VTEC or Baleno........Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought that the Cedia is a EVO based or detuned EVO engine
Old 17th April 2007, 13:35   #48
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
but I thought that the Cedia is a EVO based or detuned EVO engine
I dont think the block running on the cedia has anything similar to the EVO blocks .. The bore x stroke are totally different .. Neither is the cedia engine TCed or a MIVEC .. From what i know the cedia is just a wannabe EVO without oooommppphhh in the heart minus the bodykit .. Correct me if i am wrong .. Though it handles like a gem ..
Old 17th April 2007, 13:41   #49
Team-BHP Support

This may surprise a few here, but for those with some money, you'd be surprised what parts you can find for the Ford Fiesta 1.6 duratec. This engine is used in a variety of different states of tune in everything from Formula Ford cars to saloon racing series to rallies.

You can get everything from suspension to brakes and even complete ready to buy tuned engines off the rake. Enough to take your engine to about 170-180bhp without any turbos.
Old 17th April 2007, 13:44   #50
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
This may surprise a few here, but for those with some money, you'd be surprised what parts you can find for the Ford Fiesta 1.6 duratec. This engine is used in a variety of different states of tune in everything from Formula Ford cars to saloon racing series to rallies.

You can get everything from suspension to brakes and even complete ready to buy tuned engines off the rake. Enough to take your engine to about 170-180bhp without any turbos.
Indeed true and these 160bhp fiesta's are going eat the Vtec's , baleno's , esteem's hands down in the upcoming racing saloon series .. Just when the action was getting even we have ford running away with it ..
Old 17th April 2007, 14:21   #51
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I dont think the block running on the cedia has anything similar to the EVO blocks .. The bore x stroke are totally different .. Neither is the cedia engine TCed or a MIVEC .. From what i know the cedia is just a wannabe EVO without oooommppphhh in the heart minus the bodykit .. Correct me if i am wrong .. Though it handles like a gem ..
Mclaren, AFAIK, the cedia does have the same engine block as the EVO. It's just not TC'ed and no MIVEC. Same engine block but heavily detuned for mileage.

That's why you have a 2L engine returning double digit mileage figures.
Old 17th April 2007, 14:36   #52
Senior - BHPian

Fiesta = expensive. Unless you're MRF, don't.
Old 17th April 2007, 18:02   #53
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Mclaren, AFAIK, the cedia does have the same engine block as the EVO. It's just not TC'ed and no MIVEC. Same engine block but heavily detuned for mileage.

That's why you have a 2L engine returning double digit mileage figures.
Vidyut AFAIK , the Evo engines all had a bore x stroke of 85 x 88 mm while the cedia's is 81.5 x 95.8 which is nowhere close to that of the 4g63 running from the EVO IV-IX's .. While the head is also SOHC in the cedia .. Like i mentioned earlier the cedia is all show no go with only hype about it running an EVO block which is detuned completely .. Its not true ..
Old 17th April 2007, 18:28   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post

How easy would it be to do up a FIESTA ? Thought the Jap cars are more tuner friendly........BUT from what you say, it sure sounds like a tempting proposition. Has anyone tried this so far ?? Does the Ford Focus in WRC run this engine ? Nice bit of information ......

Cheers
Old 17th April 2007, 18:30   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Vidyut AFAIK , the Evo engines all had a bore x stroke of 85 x 88 mm while the cedia's is 81.5 x 95.8 which is nowhere close to that of the 4g63 running from the EVO IV-IX's .. While the head is also SOHC in the cedia .. Like i mentioned earlier the cedia is all show no go with only hype about it running an EVO block which is detuned completely .. Its not true ..

Thanks for your point of view....Can the Cedia be turbo charged & the ECU played around with ? Coz I have heard of the Lancer being TCed successfully.

Cheers
Old 18th April 2007, 18:07   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Thanks for your point of view....Can the Cedia be turbo charged & the ECU played around with ? Coz I have heard of the Lancer being TCed successfully.

Cheers
yes and yes.

like someone said.. the cedia does have the evo block but detunned like WHOA! (dopnt forget the minus awd)

you might have to change a butt load of things in the car if you wanna put a turbo.. i.e. bigger injectors. fuel rail, fuel pump, wastegate, blowoff valve. depending on the turbo you even might wanna change you engine management.(i hvae heard of some people pulling the ac out to make room for turbo, fmic and ic piping, not sure if everyone has this problem)

not an easy process. but if u have the patience and the money.. it is well worth it.
Old 19th April 2007, 09:49   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discobiscuit View Post
yes and yes.

like someone said.. the cedia does have the evo block but detunned like WHOA! (dopnt forget the minus awd)

you might have to change a butt load of things in the car if you wanna put a turbo.. i.e. bigger injectors. fuel rail, fuel pump, wastegate, blowoff valve. depending on the turbo you even might wanna change you engine management.(i hvae heard of some people pulling the ac out to make room for turbo, fmic and ic piping, not sure if everyone has this problem)

not an easy process. but if u have the patience and the money.. it is well worth it.
That's an informed answer.........thanks Any idea on the numbers??? Is it gonna come out worth the effort & $$$$ ??

Cheers
Old 19th April 2007, 20:46   #58
BHPian

Looking at a lower price band like the esteems, how about the ikon 1.6?
Old 20th April 2007, 00:25   #59
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkie View Post
Looking at a lower price band like the esteems, how about the ikon 1.6?
Never been done on the ikon 1.6 in india , though you might want to PM Ford Rocam who was doing intense research .. Abroad you have bolt on turbo kits available .. Esteem is a nice car to TC and $$$$ would depend on what you are looking at .. For a reliable and properly done up car to handle 7psi say about 2L , anything over that would require forged internals , Standalone , Cam , stronger gearbox , good clutch , better fuel pump , valves etc .. All this might cost an additional 1.5L easily ..

Quote:
the cedia does have the evo block but detunned like WHOA!
Not true ..

Quote:
Can the Cedia be turbo charged & the ECU played around with ? Coz I have heard of the Lancer being TCed successfully.]
Has been done , there are quite a few TCed lancers in delhi .. It will be quick but not too quick compared to the other tuner friendly japs ..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 20th April 2007 at 00:27.
Old 21st April 2007, 09:15   #60
BHPian

Get a 2000 or 1999 Lancer and go with the MIVEC swap.
Farhan or SIDEWAYS can throw some light on this!!!

You can get a 1999 or a 2000 model for 2.5 lacs... It is better to keep you intial investment on the base car low and spend on the swaps!!

Make sure you get a car with good interiors!! As spending money to restore interiors is a waste of time and money

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks