Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2007, 10:06   #61
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raajks View Post
You can get a 1999 or a 2000 model for 2.5 lacs... It is better to keep you intial investment on the base car low and spend on the swaps!!
Low investment on base car would mean re-doing the suspension , brakes , possible damage to chassies , upgrading all of the above , then tyres , rims .. Its not that easy or inexpensive .. Plus running on 97 Oct with boosters ..
Old 22nd April 2007, 09:26   #62
iamrudyani

hey man ... if you need all power and mods go in for a second hand old shape honda city and turbo charge it... if you want body mods and power take a cedia do the complete body kits and then go for a turbo.... alas if you just want a good combination of ride, handling, power...... and cost less..... buy the current baleno.....

Old 27th April 2007, 01:53   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Not true ..
i thought they had the same block [4 cylinder/2.0L]
Old 5th June 2007, 05:03   #64
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

This will give you an indication of the most popularly modded rides. Atleast some.
http://www.cardomain.com/MakeModel/all/all/all/IN

Many familiar names, specially one red lancer owner who calls his car randi or some such thing .
Old 5th June 2007, 10:13   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
You'll still get whacked by an RS. Evo is 300+ bhp we're talking about.
Correction... would get totally whacked in a straight line. However get onto bends or a real circuit and the RS driver will only be watching the Cedia's tail lights cos of sucky handling of skodas . Frankly speaking, the Cedia is no great car in stock form for drags. The low end acceleration is kinda bad and it takes quite a bit of time to reach 60. However 60 to 120/130 comes up in an instant. I'm not sure but I think a lot of power can be got out of the cedia engine by simply getting a replacement ECU.
Old 5th June 2007, 12:51   #66
BHPian

OHC VTEC. Don't look anywhere else.
Old 12th May 2010, 19:38   #67
BHPian

Modifying a sedan - Which car is better?

Hi,
I am looking to buy a sedan, a relitively inexpensive so that I can modify it, firstly performance wise and then the make up.
Now, I have gone through almost every thread that's realted to this and i know that an OHC 1.5 or Vtec is the best option for me. But, we all know that a neat Vtec is hard to find and i found that very true too when I started looking for one. 1.3 OHC will be no fun. My budget would be about 3L. I was able to find 2 Vtecs for under 2.25L but they would have been a pain later on so didnt buy those. I have come across a 2000 Baleno, getting reapinted, it is non-accidental i have checked, and is coming for 1.5L, has done 80k. Should I buy it? I'm really confused with weather to go for an OHC or baleno!!

Going through all these threads I know few things for certain Hyundai Accents are good with pete's but they can't match OHC or Baleno's perforamnce and Lancers are not too good either.
I know that it has been discussed like a million times here, but I would request fellow Bhpians to once again just let me know:

1. Buying a 7-10 year car for modifications, is that a good idea.
2. As everyone else I need one performace sedan that I could really DRIVE. I own a Wagon -R, and there is a Xylo and Verna (Father's).
3. I don't want to go for auto-loans or stuff as i am still studying.
4. Any other car options you might like to give, would be appreciated.
5. I have recently bought a HM Contessa and its still in the backyard, it will be up for repairs and mods soon. I used to have a conti earlier but it was sold for scrap by my Papa and he bought me a Wagon -R instead, but that car meant a lot to me so just bringing another one back, so it would be like two projects at a time.

just let me know, once again, as there are no recent updates on this topic.

Thanks

Last edited by Jaggu : 12th May 2010 at 20:25. Reason: Please use Search before opening a new thread. Thanks
Old 13th May 2010, 10:50   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongturn View Post
Hi,
I am looking to buy a sedan, a relitively inexpensive so that I can modify it, firstly performance wise and then the make up.
Now, I have gone through almost every thread that's realted to this and i know that an OHC 1.5 or Vtec is the best option for me. But, we all know that a neat Vtec is hard to find and i found that very true too when I started looking for one. 1.3 OHC will be no fun. My budget would be about 3L. I was able to find 2 Vtecs for under 2.25L but they would have been a pain later on so didnt buy those. I have come across a 2000 Baleno, getting reapinted, it is non-accidental i have checked, and is coming for 1.5L, has done 80k. Should I buy it? I'm really confused with weather to go for an OHC or baleno!!

Going through all these threads I know few things for certain Hyundai Accents are good with pete's but they can't match OHC or Baleno's perforamnce and Lancers are not too good either.
I know that it has been discussed like a million times here, but I would request fellow Bhpians to once again just let me know:

1. Buying a 7-10 year car for modifications, is that a good idea.
2. As everyone else I need one performace sedan that I could really DRIVE. I own a Wagon -R, and there is a Xylo and Verna (Father's).
3. I don't want to go for auto-loans or stuff as i am still studying.
4. Any other car options you might like to give, would be appreciated.
5. I have recently bought a HM Contessa and its still in the backyard, it will be up for repairs and mods soon. I used to have a conti earlier but it was sold for scrap by my Papa and he bought me a Wagon -R instead, but that car meant a lot to me so just bringing another one back, so it would be like two projects at a time.

just let me know, once again, as there are no recent updates on this topic.

Thanks
The OHC is the always the right choice but getting one for your budget is always difficult. Cars that clocked above 1lakh is not recommended.
You can also try Baleno or Lancer(although not that impressive and hard to maintain.)

Next would be Fiesta 1.6 (But that would exceed your budget).
Old 13th May 2010, 12:39   #69
BHPian

OHC or Balneo

would start a fresh search for both, and may be would look for decent cars in other cities. Btw, a 2000 baleno done 80k, would it be a good buy for 1.5L?
And now as its 2010 the OHCs of make 2001-02 are and should be available for around 2L.
Old 13th May 2010, 16:40   #70
Senior - BHPian

The prices quoted by you are way to high, If i were to go for a new car i would buy the fiesta 1.6s, if i were to go for a used one i will go for a lancer eyes closed, the Honda is one terrible handler and so is the baleno when compared to a lancer, the early (2001) lancers were direct import and they have the structural rigidity to take even 300bhp.

Their rear suspension is still the best amoung the other two you are comparing with, A OHC or a baleno would look dated in a couple of years and would look more like an old car, at the same time a lancer with evo 4 kit and a MIVEC to complement the looks will be any car killer produced in india. You can get a lancer for as low as one lac, i would recomend to pickup this one
Team-BHP Classifieds - 2000 Mitsubishi Lancer GLXI - Phoenix - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds
if still not sold and get an engine swap, simple no maintanace, you can get evo heart or a MIVEC for below 2 lacs, for 4 lacs you have a pre woshipped car with a good engine.

Pramod
Old 13th May 2010, 16:50   #71
Senior - BHPian

^^ I would agree 100% to that.

The Lancers are supposed to have the best handling character compared to the OHC/Baleno. The Lancer has also got the reputation to be a mod friendly vehicle. Go for the Lancer if you are looking at an used car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks