Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2007, 04:40   #61

Hey, no one is getting personal here. We are just looking out for what might happen based on past trends. In any case I support the idea that tints not complying to the 50/70 rule must be removed. I has used very dark tints previously and they do hinder night driving and may be a security concern and contravene the law in any case. But light tints esp ones like llumar, vkool are only used to combat the heat and essential in summers and more so in Delhi's piercing sun. Common sense should prevail. And btw it is Mumbai HC....I posted this some time back but since I am a 'Newbie' my posts don't show right away :-(
Old 8th April 2007, 15:52   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomi View Post
How to remove sun film from windows?
Which version of windows? Try Start>Settings>Control Panel>Add/ Remove Hardware. Select the sunfilm you want to remove and hit 'remove'.
Bass&Trouble is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2007, 15:57   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Which version of windows? Try Start>Settings>Control Panel>Add/ Remove Hardware. Select the sunfilm you want to remove and hit 'remove'.

Old 8th April 2007, 17:37   #64
elf
BANNED

That was so bad. Get away from your machine, Ajay. You've been at it too long.
Old 8th April 2007, 18:11   #65
BHPian

I got them removed today from a car shop guy. He used screw driver and a blade to do the job

-POGU
Old 8th April 2007, 21:00   #66
BHPian

Here is the link to the judgement passing :

Delhi High Court - But I can't find the exact case or judge name

Lets see what we have in store from tommorow, although in the past few days I'm seeing more and more traffic cops even in the hot sun...!

Last edited by wolfinstein : 8th April 2007 at 21:09.
Old 8th April 2007, 23:12   #67
BHPian

I got really curious to what is gonna happen tomorrow so I went to one of the traffic cops under the IIT flyover today to have a talk. As we all know that our cops are really busy controlling traffic ( read as looking for a bakra) and they have to work in scorching sun, I bought a 500 ml sprite with me. Went to him and said "sir aapse ek baat karni thi"..... He said "yahan nahin ".....He thought I am a bakra caught by the other cop standing on the opposite side of the crossing.. I told him thats not the case and he looked rather disappointed. I asked him "sprite peeyenge sir ", but he refused and asked me to continue what I wanted to ask. So I asked him whether there is some new rule from tomorrow onwards about films. He replied that films are banned since last year, no new rule but they might start challaning heavily from tomorrow. Upon asking why, he didnt have a convincing answer. He asked me where is my vehicle.. I smiled and offered him sprite again (this time he accepted it )
I also went to Lajpat Nagar Auto accessories market to find that people are still getting the sunfilms for their car . I could just find one guy who was getting the film removed from his car.
A lot of things will become clear tomorrow...
I have kept a few 50 bucks notes for tomorrow and if things dont go the easy way I will pay the 600 bucks ticket and straightaway rush to the car accessories shop in Lajpat nagar to get the film removed.
Old 9th April 2007, 09:48   #68
BHPian

So the D-Day has come. The drive started early morning at 8:30 AM. I reach office by that time so I was spared but one of my colleague saw the cops catching cars with sunfilm at India gate and they were scraping it off. So, I am getting the film removed today itself. Lets see if I escape a ticket from my way from Noida to Lajpat Ngr.
Old 9th April 2007, 09:57   #69
BHPian

Guys please post your experiences if the cops catch you for any vioalation.

I have sunfilms on my Ikon. Thinking of not using the car for a week.

Also I would love to see how many cops stand for cutting challans in hot summers of may and june in delhi.... why don't the judges stand themselves in that heat... poor cops...
Old 9th April 2007, 12:11   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by compenn View Post
Guys please post your experiences if the cops catch you for any vioalation.

I have sunfilms on my Ikon. Thinking of not using the car for a week.

Also I would love to see how many cops stand for cutting challans in hot summers of may and june in delhi.... why don't the judges stand themselves in that heat... poor cops...
3,000 cops are on Delhi roads today for challans . Their target is to cross 10,000 challans in a day. Which means stopping roughly 30,000 motorvehicles. And the easiest to catch are the cars with sunfilms so I would suggest to get rid of the film for a couple of months.
Old 8th December 2007, 07:51   #71
BHPian

It's the turn of TN Cops now.

It's the turn of Chennai cos now to catch motor vehicles for Sun Films. Tamilnadu Govt. has passed an order with directions to implement with immediate effect (from today).
Old 8th December 2007, 21:32   #72
BHPian

Chennai - Sun films on car windows banned

Chennai joins the list of places where Sun Control film has been banned. Please see article below.

What is the experience in other cities? Has everbody removed the sun film? Or have the police gone soft on this issue?

Sun films on car windows banned - Newindpress.com

Quote:
Sun films on car windows banned
Saturday December 8 2007 08:10 IST
T Muruganandham

CHENNAI: With a view to avoiding illegal activities inside vehicles as well as road accidents, the State Government has banned use of black films (sun control film) on the windscreens and windows of vehicles.

“Those violating the order will have to pay a fine of Rs 100 first time and Rs 300 at subsequent instances. Besides, the registration certificates of the vehicles will be suspended,” an official release here said.

In the case of transport vehicles, the punishment would be severer. Besides suspension of the registration certificate, the certificate of fitness will also be suspended.

Last edited by GTO : 7th May 2012 at 12:10. Reason: Removing FONT tags. Please do NOT cut-copy-paste from other softwares. It results in a formatting error
Old 8th December 2007, 23:16   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Hmmm... the film on my Swift is very light. It was the second-lightest available from the dealer. It certainly does not prevent seeing inside the car, and the front windscreen is clear apart from a strip at the top. I almost always drive with the front windows open, except during hottest months.

What to do?
Old 9th December 2007, 10:40   #74
BHPian

guys if you hav the challan then go and get back your money that police grabbed.
Old 9th December 2007, 11:02   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
To avoid illegal activities inside vehicles

What next? Telling us our houses can't have walls?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks