Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2007, 22:58   #1
BHPian

Wanna face lift my Baleno - Suggestions please

Hi guys,

I have an August 2005 model Baleno - Pearl Silver Vxi.... I plan to get it face lifted once it crosses 2 years.... I need a few suggestions from you guys...

1) Alloys -

My Baleno's almost covered 20,000 kms and I guess I should be changing my tyres soon. So I thought I would get some new alloys to go with it... I currently have the 13" stocks with the stock Bridgestones and I am planning to get either a 14" or a 15". But I read somewhere in this forum that 15" alloys affect the handling and also gives some speedo errors. Please advise me on this. Also, I heard that most after market alloys come only in sets of 4..... Is this true? I prefer a set of 5 as it wont be a huge headache during punctures and tyre rotation. Please let me know of any good place in Bangalore for tyres and alloys.

2) Rear lights -

Most of you would agree with me on this..... the most disappointing feature of the first model Baleno is the rear lights... but Maruti did try and facelifting it by introducing the last model with white colored indicator lights. When one of my rear lights broke, I planned to replace it with the white indicator ones. But when I enquired with Bimal Auto, Bangalore, they quoted a price of Rs. 10,000/- per piece for the white ones!! Apparently, its because its Japan made... whereas the old rear lights with yellow indicators is Indian made and the price is Rs. 600/- per piece.... Could somebody please shed some light on this outrageous difference in prices? Also, could anybody give some suggestions to improve the rear of the Baleno?

3) Front Lights -

My brother had sent me a pair of H.I.D Simulation bulbs from the Middle East.... but these had the following specifications written on them.
H4 12V 560/520W
I know these figures sound outrageous...... if the figures are true, will there be any adverse effects if I replace my stock bulbs with the above mentioned bulbs?

Also, I am interested in getting H.I.D bulbs for my car. Are there any that are compatible with the Baleno headset? I heard they cost around 20k. Where in Bangalore can I get them and will the fitting be done there itself?

4) K & N Filters -

I dont plan on doing any serious performance mods, but I might go for a K&N stock filter replacement. But I have heard conflicting statements on this. Some say that manufacturer warranty will be void if I install a K&N filter (I have a 3 year extended warranty and I dont want to lose it). But I have heard others say that Bimal Auto, Bangalore, actually endorse K&N filters. Any ideas on this one?

5) Skirts -

I plan to get some side skirts as well as front and rear skirts for my Baleno. Nothing too fancy..... jst some decent skirts. But i havent heard of any reputed places in Bangalore that do this. The only reliable place I have heard of is Kitup, Coimbatore. Also, when I got my fogs fit, those idiots did a bad job while cutting the front bumper and there are visible, uneven gaps between the fog lamps and the bumper. Is there any way to rectify this other than getting a new bumper??

I guess thats it..... looking forward to your suggestions.... thanks guys!!

Note from the Support Staff: Please take the time out to check which section you're posting in. Moved to correct section.

Last edited by aah78 : 10th May 2007 at 23:49.
Old 11th May 2007, 00:07   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by leodelg View Post
1) Alloys -
But I read somewhere in this forum that 15" alloys affect the handling and also gives some speedo errors. Also, I heard that most after market alloys come only in sets of 4.....
You have done a lot of research....
Better to retain the OE wheel size for your alloys, else you may have to deal with speedo errors and wheels scrapping the sides etc. You can buy them in a set of 5. Try JC road shops.
Quote:
3) Front Lights -
My brother had sent me a pair of H.I.D Simulation bulbs from the Middle East.... but these had the following specifications written on them.
H4 12V 560/520W
I think you may have to change your reflectors, They may burn out with that kind of wattage.
Quote:
4) K & N Filters -
Some say that manufacturer warranty will be void if I install a K&N filter (I have a 3 year extended warranty and I dont want to lose it). But I have heard others say that Bimal Auto, Bangalore, actually endorse K&N filters. Any ideas on this one?
Companies are crazy, they can say warranty will be lost even if a screw is changed. They cant find out if a replacement filter had been used. When you go for a claim, just replace your K&N with the OE one.
Quote:
5) Skirts -
I plan to get some side skirts as well as front and rear skirts for my Baleno.
Avoid skirts if you are driving on bad roads. They tend to get scratched and broken fast over bumps and potholes.

Last edited by mail4ajo : 11th May 2007 at 00:08.
Old 11th May 2007, 00:17   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
H4 12V 560/520W
buddy your battery wont be able to take that type of load, it seems to be a typo on the product box
Old 11th May 2007, 00:18   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1) Alloys -

My Baleno's almost covered 20,000 kms and I guess I should be changing my tyres soon. So I thought I would get some new alloys to go with it... I currently have the 13" stocks with the stock Bridgestones and I am planning to get either a 14" or a 15". But I read somewhere in this forum that 15" alloys affect the handling and also gives some speedo errors. Please advise me on this. Also, I heard that most after market alloys come only in sets of 4..... Is this true?

20,000 kms is actually not time to replace your tyres, anyway you could do it. Get 14" alloys & after market alloys are available at per piece rate. you can buy1,2,3,4,5 or even 6 if you want to.

Quote:
Also, could anybody give some suggestions to improve the rear of the Baleno?
Aint that the million dollar question ? anyway here are my suggestions.

1. try to get clear lens rear lights.
2. Replace the existing piece of rubber strip above the number plate with a chrome one as in the Aveo.
3/ Get an after market spoiler.

contact the bangy baleno club (BBC) for further authentic info
cheers
Old 11th May 2007, 00:22   #5
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Change to 15'' , go with 195/55/15 and your speedo error will be negligible .. Yes handling changes a lot but its for the better .. Depending on your budget you can get some really nice alloys in sets of 5 too .. Almost any car accessory shop will sell you these ...

Do go through the search feature and see all the thread started by memo45_m .. We did a project on fixing angel eyes on the baleno .. It came out really well .. V1p3r the politician in the making is still making the tail lamp clusters from last year I am told ..

I do remember RNS selling the stock replacing filter at the time of delivery .. So it should be accepted under warranty .. But to check with your dealer once ..

If you want a sweet and a simple bodykit try contacting thouqeer or anwar of auto fusion .. They do an excellent job at it ..
Old 11th May 2007, 00:39   #6
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the club leodelg. Am sure you will never run outta suggestions from the bangy boys @least for giving a facelift to the baleno.
Quote:
1)Alloys-
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...el-thread.html

Hope this helps you decide on a dealer :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...bangalore.html
Quote:
2) Rear lights -
Wished some miracle happened.
Quote:
3) Front Lights -
This is what mclaren was talking about.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...up-baleno.html
Quote:
4) K & N Filters -
Has been discussed a zillion times here.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...tml#post333975
Quote:
5) Skirts -
Guess you would need to speak to Rajeev from kitup. Honestly nice chap.
Something that might be of interest to you
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ed-baleno.html
and e_l
Quote:
When did this club start? ?Any contact numbers would be handy for a few of us here . What say bengalooru boys?

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 11th May 2007 at 00:42.
Old 11th May 2007, 00:45   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
and e_l When did this club start? ?Any contact numbers would be handy for a few of us here . What say bengalooru boys?
Here's something to get you started. contact mclaren18888888885 or v11111133333pppppeeerrrrrr. those are the numbers folks. remember each call costs 2500 bucks , to be couriered to me.
cheers

Not to forget 66666669999999 styles
Old 11th May 2007, 03:11   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
cheers
Hehehe..This is Original..

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
remember each call costs 2500 bucks , to be couriered to me.
I am the Courier delivery person.. you can hand over the cash to me and i will make sure that it reaches the correct person.. .

Godfather
Old 24th May 2007, 23:57   #9
BHPian

hey guys.... thnx for the suggestions....
Btw, no one actually mentioned how to contact this so-called Bangy Baleno Club!!

One query...... i want to change the color of my instrument cluster lights and the dashboard lights to blue, to match the OLED screen on my head unit. I thought of replacing the existing lights with blue LEDs to give me the effect. However, there is this one particular bulbs behind the AC switches that has a unique long holder and I am unable to find a suitable LED replacement for that.....

So I guess the only way forward would be to replace the existing green rubber caps on the cluster and dashboard lights with blue rubber caps. Can anyone tell me if it is available in Bangalore, and if yes, where?

And sorry for the late response..... the net at home got screwed and my amazing company has blocked almost every good site due to 'security' reasons..... and if anyone is planning to get a net connection, or any other product/service from Reliance, please take a rain check....
Old 25th May 2007, 00:19   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hey guys.... thnx for the suggestions....
Btw, no one actually mentioned how to contact this so-called Bangy Baleno Club!!
There is no bangy Baleno Club.. we do have 2 nutcases here called mclaren1884 aka stuart aka JLo aka Rahul and
v1p3r aka BlueBoy aka Robot(C3PO) aka Akshay
come to one of the meets or you can PM them.

Quote:
One query...... i want to change the color of my instrument cluster lights and the dashboard lights to blue, to match the OLED screen on my head unit.
Good Idea.. Should look good

Quote:
So I guess the only way forward would be to replace the existing green rubber caps on the cluster and dashboard lights with blue rubber caps. Can anyone tell me if it is available in Bangalore, and if yes, where?
Try Chameleon near Forum Mall.. He has some good collection of lights for dashboard replacements.. he is expensive though.

Godfather
Old 25th May 2007, 00:22   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Simple. Just log on to this forum and post a thread titled 'Vtec is Greatest'. You dont even have to type it in bold.

And if you're really brave, you'd want to type the word "FIAT" somewhere in your post and you'll find out that buying an Adventure is better than raising a Baleno.

PS: UH OH! I JUST DID IT!

Last edited by Steeroid : 25th May 2007 at 00:24.
Old 25th May 2007, 00:28   #12
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Simple. Just log on to this forum and post a thread titled 'Vtec is Greatest'. You dont even have to type it in bold.

And if you're really brave, you'd want to type the word "FIAT" somewhere in your post and you'll find out that buying an Adventure is better than raising a Baleno.

PS: UH OH! I JUST DID IT!
Instead just look for bangalore members over 2000 posts. Not many, even lesser who own baleno's. Eh, stop making us sound like Vtec and Fiat haters. We love em all .

Looks like your 3500th post deserved a mention of Vtec, Fiat and baleno in one post .

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 25th May 2007 at 00:34.
Old 25th May 2007, 00:33   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
There is no bangy Baleno Club.. we do have 2 nutcases here called mclaren1884 aka stuart aka JLo aka Rahul and
v1p3r aka BlueBoy aka Robot(C3PO) aka Akshay
come to one of the meets or you can PM them.
Hello!I think you are forgetting that I too have a baleno and take the time and troubles to get the thing to move fast.

I will be getting the dash lights done on the baleno...Pm me if you want details..
Old 25th May 2007, 00:36   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz View Post
Hello!I think you are forgetting that I too have a baleno and take the time and troubles to get the thing to move fast.
Whoops... Sorry...
How exactly are you changing the dash lights?? what colour are you changing it to??

Godfather
Old 25th May 2007, 00:43   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
Whoops... Sorry...
How exactly are you changing the dash lights?? what colour are you changing it to??

Godfather
Pure white,..Dicor inspired.Sathya knows the guy.

I dont think we'll be changing the bulbs,..rather we would be soldering new Leds.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks