Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2007, 02:20   #76
Senior - BHPian

So, finally when I went to pick her up on Monday here's how she looked all polished & ready!

We did encounter a problem with the rear shocks on Monday since the shocks fitted were too long & were touching the rear mounting plate & creating a sound. Initially when it could not be accurately traced where the sounds was coming from, this mechanic (already in the boot in the pic) got into the boot and closed it shut and asked me to drive him around so that he could find out where the sound was coming from!

P.S. Too many pictures I know! Costs, full list of work done etc, coming up tomorrow!
Old 28th June 2007, 02:28   #77
Senior - BHPian

arre bhai your car looks brand new
Old 28th June 2007, 08:05   #78
Team-BHP Support

WOW!

The car looks awesome!
Old 28th June 2007, 08:36   #79
Team-BHP Support

That is one sweet looking OHC Iraghava. You dint do anything about the alloys? they still seem to have that matt unfinished look.

The car looks like new.
Old 28th June 2007, 09:03   #80
Senior - BHPian

Looks awesome ishan, brrrrand new.
So, whats the quote for a friend ???
Old 28th June 2007, 09:03   #81
Senior - BHPian

Whoa! You literally got a brand new car back! She looks lovely!

Last edited by hydrashok : 28th June 2007 at 09:05.
Old 28th June 2007, 09:56   #82
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
We did encounter a problem with the rear shocks on Monday since the shocks fitted were too long & were touching the rear mounting plate & creating a sound. Initially when it could not be accurately traced where the sounds was coming from, this mechanic (already in the boot in the pic) got into the boot and closed it shut and asked me to drive him around so that he could find out where the sound was coming from!

P.S. Too many pictures I know! Costs, full list of work done etc, coming up tomorrow!
Hey Ishaan,

Did you figure out the problem and if yes what was the solution. I think I have exactly the same problem in my car. Just not found time to sit and identify where the sound in the rear is coming from. Its mostly the mounting kit or like you said maybe the shocks are slightly longer. Problem is the shocks that were in the car earlier were not OE so I do not have ref to check lengths.

Pl do let me know.

Viper
Old 28th June 2007, 10:39   #83
BHPian

[quote=iraghava;482221]So, finally when I went to pick her up on Monday here's how she looked all polished & ready!

I am in love with the finishing of work done, only one word "Awesome" !!! your car looks brand new.i too wanna paint/overcoat my car at later stage, soch raha hoon dilli aa jaun.
Old 28th June 2007, 10:47   #84
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

So, do I get to take Dhanno to Leh? Gaaliyaan math suna, kafi kuch seekhchuka hoon. Doh chaar kannada mein bhi doonga wapas.
Old 28th June 2007, 10:49   #85
Team-BHP Support

looking good and neat work
Old 28th June 2007, 11:21   #86
Senior - BHPian

Very neat work done..this pandit guy is one of the best in delhi in the paint job section . I have seen some of his work, superb.
Old 28th June 2007, 12:01   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
That is one sweet looking OHC Iraghava. You dint do anything about the alloys? they still seem to have that matt unfinished look.

The car looks like new.
Thanks Vid! About the wheels, well not much can be done apart from repaiting them again & I didn't wanna do it right now. I wanted to put on a set of 15" Enkei's that I was getting on a good deal (Thanks again C3PO) but after such an extensive overhaul my budget didn't allow that.

After I run out the current PP's, if I have the budget I'll get a nice set of Enkei or OZ's for her. I don't want to fit the usual alloys available in the market on her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Hey Ishaan,

Did you figure out the problem and if yes what was the solution. I think I have exactly the same problem in my car. Just not found time to sit and identify where the sound in the rear is coming from. Its mostly the mounting kit or like you said maybe the shocks are slightly longer. Problem is the shocks that were in the car earlier were not OE so I do not have ref to check lengths.

Pl do let me know.

Viper
Viper - The problem was with the extra length of the shocks so on compression they were fouling with the Mounting plate. It was solved by getting OE Munjal Showa shocks & fitting them. No such problem after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Rocam View Post
I am in love with the finishing of work done, only one word "Awesome" !!! your car looks brand new.i too wanna paint/overcoat my car at later stage, soch raha hoon dilli aa jaun.
Aaja aaja, should be good fun & I can guarantee you an excellent job!!!
Plus, some wide, open roads to stretch that monster!
Old 28th June 2007, 12:42   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Looks awesome ishan, brrrrand new.
So, whats the quote for a friend ???
Thanks John & she's not up for sale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
So, do I get to take Dhanno to Leh? Gaaliyaan math suna, kafi kuch seekhchuka hoon. Doh chaar kannada mein bhi doonga wapas.
Bhag jaa! Feel lucky if you even get a ride in it! And gaaliyaan tu yahaan aa phir sunata hoon!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
looking good and neat work
Thanks Jaguu!

@ LBM/Hydrashok/CD/Manik - Thanks guys!
Old 28th June 2007, 12:48   #89
Team-BHP Support

Great work Ishan. Your workshop guys are highly skilled I must say. The car looks showroom condition as everyone says. I like the shine on Dhanno, what polish has been used? She is shining better than what she was here .
Old 28th June 2007, 12:49   #90
Senior - BHPian

iRags - Your car looks absolutely new, kudos to you for going ahead with not so easy a job on the wallet as well as time. But it was all worth the effort.

P.S Why arent your tyres shining?

Last edited by BUSA : 28th June 2007 at 12:52.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks