Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2023, 09:30   #31
BHPian

Re: Treel Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) Review

Can you add multiple users for the same car? For example my wife and I share the car. Can we both add the same sensors? Can't find anything regarding this on the website.
Old 6th May 2023, 10:56   #32

I have been using treel sensors with HUD model since last 6 months. I have set min and max range at 26 and 45 psi. Only complaint i have so far is that an annoying beep comes from the HUD whenever there is 1 psi change in pressure. Anyone facing the same issue? Is there a workaround.

I also use sensairy tpms with HUD in another vehicle since last 3 years now and no such issues with that device.
Old 7th May 2023, 09:41   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
For folks who have got it in Bangalore, I have a quote of Rs900+100 (fitment)=1000 per sensor from a nearby jk dealer - is that a fair price to pay in Bangalore?
900 is too much. pay a maximum of 600 per sensor or look elsewhere. You don't necessarily have to go to a JK dealer, Ceat and other dealers too keep these sensors, just ask around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicineman1987 View Post
Can you add multiple users for the same car? For example my wife and I share the car. Can we both add the same sensors? Can't find anything regarding this on the website.
Did you trying logging in with your registered email on your wife's phone? The sensors should come up automatically I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilyinblue View Post
I have been using treel sensors with HUD model since last 6 months. I have set min and max range at 26 and 45 psi.
I am using these for a week and haven't faced such an issue. Infact I was using the app to deflate my tyres which were overinflated by the tyre dealer. I only saw instant refresh in pressure shown as I reduced them by more than 1 psi. No notification or alerts.

Last edited by Turbanator : 7th May 2023 at 10:01.
tez_padhye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2023, 11:02   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tez_padhye View Post
Did you trying logging in with your registered email on your wife's phone? The sensors should come up automatically I guess.
I don't have the system yet. Was planning to install it but this query has kept me from buying. Can't find the info on their website.
If you log in from another device does it connect to the sensors as well or just pull data from the cloud?
Old 8th May 2023, 11:04   #35
BHPian

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soarersc300 View Post
Anyone using these sensors on tyres filled with Nitrogen? Curious to know whether nitrogen filled tyres indeed have less fluctuations in heat and air pressure?
I was actually running on nitrogen during my long trip. But as others have mentioned, there is no way to check the purity of nitrogen on offer at fuel stations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicineman1987 View Post
I don't have the system yet. Was planning to install it but this query has kept me from buying. Can't find the info on their website.
If you log in from another device does it connect to the sensors as well or just pull data from the cloud?
Treel Cloud stores information about the vehicles and the sensors attached to them. The actual readings from the sensors are sent to the devices via bluetooth (BLE). The receiving devices need to be in the vicinity of the vehicle with bluetooth on. All devices (dealer told me upto 5) in range of the sensor, with the same account logged in, will receive the live readings from the sensor. You do not need internet connection to receive the live readings.

Did I answer you question accurately?

Last edited by Sheel : 15th May 2023 at 10:23. Reason: Mod note attached.
Old 10th May 2023, 20:21   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Only complaint i have so far is that an annoying beep comes from the HUD whenever there is 1 psi change in pressure. Anyone facing the same issue? Is there a workaround.
So I got the HUD installed and figured out that the beep (whenever the PSI increases / decreases by 1 PSI) was too loud for my liking.

The back plate does not have any hidden clamps inside, so just un-doing the screws and lifting the back plate is enough.

I opened the HUD (there are 4 small screws at the back), and pasted a small piece of double sided tape (5mm x 5mm) over the hole of the speaker. This was enough to muffle the beep sound to an acceptable level. Now the co-passengers don't even make out when the system beeps, its just the driver who hears the faint beep and that is good enough.
I didn't take any pics when i opened up the HUD, however the speaker is a black cylinder on the right side about 1 cm in height with a small hole in the middle on the top.

Hope this helps for anyone who finds the beeping to be too annoying.

Last edited by toiingg : 10th May 2023 at 20:24. Reason: added details on the position of the speaker.
toiingg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2023, 13:13   #37
BHPian

Quote:
I also use sensairy tpms with HUD in another vehicle since last 3 years now and no such issues with that device.
What's your take between Treel and Sensairy? Does Treel work with CarPlay? I see on Amazon that Sensairy does...
Old 12th May 2023, 08:20   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tez_padhye View Post
900 is too much. pay a maximum of 600 per sensor or look elsewhere. You don't necessarily have to go to a JK dealer, Ceat and other dealers too keep these sensors, just ask around.
Thanks, was able to get it for 600 per sensor with fitting. Took an extra 100 per tire for balancing which I was not happy about but I let it go.

Treel Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) Review-20230510_112739.jpg
Old 12th May 2023, 10:19   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soarersc300 View Post
Anyone using these sensors on tyres filled with Nitrogen? Curious to know whether nitrogen filled tyres indeed have less fluctuations in heat and air pressure?
I have been experimenting with Nitrogen & TPMS for about 10 years.

My conclusion is that benefits of Nitrogen on vehicle tires is an Urban Myth. There is no visible change at all when compared with normal air.
adnaps is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th May 2023, 12:18   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, was able to get it for 600 per sensor with fitting. Took an extra 100 per tire for balancing which I was not happy about but I let it go.
INR 600 per sensor with fitting is music to my ears for Bangalore. Can you please provide the details where did you get it done? Also, did you have to bargain with him for these rates?

I have a Hyundai Venue and it comes pre-fitted with low-line TPMS which isn't very helpful so thinking to replace them with these.
Old 12th May 2023, 12:37   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varun_G View Post
INR 600 per sensor with fitting is music to my ears for Bangalore.
One can get TPMS online also around ~Rs 550/-https://www.flipkart.com/jk-treel-4w...8965229628_gmc

You can use this price point as a negotiating reference point. I will prefer to get this sensor at from tyre outlet as anything can go wrong during fitting process.
tj123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2023, 13:19   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varun_G View Post
INR 600 per sensor with fitting is music to my ears for Bangalore. Can you please provide the details where did you get it done? Also, did you have to bargain with him for these rates?

I have a Hyundai Venue and it comes pre-fitted with low-line TPMS which isn't very helpful so thinking to replace them with these.
This was at JK dealer on mysore road, have shared the location below. I strongly feel this can be had at 500-550 easily with bargaining - I am not that great at bargaining and almost paid what was quoted, I was the first customer on the election holiday day and he opened the shutters for me so felt a little guilty to bargain

I would suggest you skip the balancing there and get it done at your known/regualr place.

I would also suggest you avoid online purchase for this - one of sensor neck had a manufacturing defect and wasn't fitting and they had to get a new one for it, and according to the owner air leaks are also common. The owner, Adarsh, is friendly and easy to work with and readily replaces any sensors that don't fit or have leaks.

JK Tyre Steel Wheels, Sri Angalaamman Tyres And Services
098869 39116
https://maps.app.goo.gl/kPwXh3Ud26uq3dMB7

Last edited by Sandegov : 12th May 2023 at 13:31.
Sandegov is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th May 2023, 20:55   #43
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks for the address @Sandegov. I too got the sensors fitted from this place and they work great. The owner too is very friendly and genuine.
agd19682 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2023, 10:02   #44
BHPian

Quote:

098869 39116
Thanks Sandegov for the address. This is way too far from my current residence. I do not want to order a set online as the fitting and balancing will become a separate headache. Will talk to a few dealers nearby and figure out the installation and fitment
Varun_G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2023, 07:06   #45
Senior - BHPian

Gentlemen, thr JK treel app is not showing up on Android auto after recent updates ? Could you confirm ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks