Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2023, 11:52   #46
BHPian

Re: Treel Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Gentlemen, thr JK treel app is not showing up on Android auto after recent updates ? Could you confirm ?
+1

I'm looking to buy Treel TPMS, but won't buy it if the Android auto app does not work. I don't want to have the extra screen.

I'm assuming the Treel app will show on Android auto with or without the sensors. Will probably try to install it and check
Old 1st June 2023, 19:33   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Gentlemen, thr JK treel app is not showing up on Android auto after recent updates ? Could you confirm ?
The latest version of the app does not show up on Android Auto. I called their support. They sent me an updated apk that fixes the problem. They also state that they are waiting for Google to approve the fixed version.
Attached Thumbnails
Treel Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) Review-screenshot_2023060119323827_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg  

Game_of_Roads is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st June 2023, 19:41   #48
BHPian

I bought 4 x JK tyre Treel internal TPMS sensors without display today. Paid ₹800 per sensor from my regular tyre place - Manu Pitstop Koramangala Bangalore. He had 2022/2021 manufactured units for 600/500 also but for the sake of battery life I went with recently manufactured ones.

All seems well except that I'm seeing 2psi less on all the tires. I'm using a handheld digital pressure gauge as reference the I have been using for the last 2 years. Is it just me or does anyone else see this difference ?

As someone else had noticed, the front tires almost always heat up a bit more and increase a few psi more than the back ones. But it's just been a few hours since I got it fitted, so will report back after a week. Have a 1200km trip coming up, so should be a good chance to check it out properly.

Last edited by Game_of_Roads : 1st June 2023 at 19:43.
Old 1st June 2023, 19:52   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game_of_Roads View Post
The latest version of the app does not show up on Android Auto. I called their support. They sent me an updated apk that fixes the problem. They also state that they are waiting for Google to approve the fixed version.
Thanks for the update. Could you please give the URL of the apk ?

Quote:

All seems well except that I'm seeing 2psi less on all the tires. I'm using a handheld digital pressure gauge as reference the I have been using for the last 2 years. Is it just me or does anyone else see this difference ?

As someone else had noticed, the front tires almost always heat up a bit more and increase a few psi more than the back ones. But it's just been a few hours since I got it fitted, so will report back after a week. Have a 1200km trip coming up, so should be a good chance to check it out properly.
It is the opposite with me. It always shows 2 PSI more than actual pressure. Front tires gets hot on long drives and it gives alert that PSI i high , stop and check the car.
F150 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2023, 20:22   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the update. Could you please give the URL of the apk ?
DM'ing you the link add I'm not sure if the policies here to share apks.
Game_of_Roads is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2023, 23:19   #51

Can you please share the link to me as well?
Old 26th June 2023, 12:22   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityaprasoon View Post

A TPMS was always in my wishlist and I decided to get it installed before the trip. A TPMS can give early warning in case of puncture allowing you sufficient time to find a remedy. Some TPMS can also give a warning for high pressure resulting from high temperature. So a week prior to the trip I got it installed in my car. Following are some details about its installation and my experience during the trip and since.
Firstly thank you so much for the writeup, I read this on my birthday and instantly ordered the same TPMS. There are certain things, which I am yet to figure out.

1. As you mentioned, the front tyres heat up often, even during short rides. Not sure, if it is normal or not.

2. When the TPMS was installed, I was able to see the TPMS panel on Android Auto of my Altroz, now it is no longer available on Android Auto. Can't find a way to bring back that display on the screen.

Thank you..
Old 26th June 2023, 12:28   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvamshi04 View Post
1. As you mentioned, the front tyres heat up often, even during short rides. Not sure, if it is normal or not.
Based on other's comments I think it is normal for a front-wheel drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvamshi04 View Post
2. When the TPMS was installed, I was able to see the TPMS panel on Android Auto of my Altroz, now it is no longer available on Android Auto. Can't find a way to bring back that display on the screen.
The latest Android app has some bug that prevents it from showing on the Android auto screen. I contacted customer service about this and they sent me the fixed apk directly. It is not on the play store yet. I can PM you the link to the apk.

Attaching the PDF I received from Treel customer service about the Andoird Auto bug. This document has the link to download the fixed apk.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Android Auto.4.0.0 (1).pdf (310.9 KB, 332 views)

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 1st October 2023 at 16:02. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
Old 3rd July 2023, 11:17   #54
Senior - BHPian

I got 4 sensors for 500/piece including fitting done over the weekend from a JK tyre showroom. The installation was a learning process for the technician as well, but they did figure it out eventually and seems to be ok for now. Will continue to monitor and see how they hold up. One issue though is that I can only view this on my real me phone, the AA on the Harrier XZA+ somehow doesn't seem to recognize the smart tyre app. I tried the APK and it fails to download on my phone, so kind of stuck right now.
Old 24th July 2023, 18:08   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Still waiting after 2+ months for this to be updated on Google Play Store.

on a different note:

What is normal/expected rise in temperature and pressure for a FWD Car?

Say you start at a cold tyre pressure of 30 psi and temperature of 25 C.
Drive on the highway at around 80 for 1hour. What would be a normal increase in pressure and temperature?

Last edited by rroy92 : 24th July 2023 at 18:10.
Old 24th July 2023, 18:52   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rroy92 View Post

What is normal/expected rise in temperature and pressure for a FWD Car?

Say you start at a cold tyre pressure of 30 psi and temperature of 25 C.
Drive on the highway at around 80 for 1hour. What would be a normal increase in pressure and temperature?
Generally as a thumb rule every, increase of temp by 10 degrees C will increase the tyre pressure by approx 1.5PSI.

So if your tyre temperature goes from 25-55C, while driving, with a delta of 30C, it will approximately increase the tyre pressure by 4.5PSI
NomadSK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2023, 11:53   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Attaching the PDF I received from Treel customer service about the Andoird Auto bug. This document has the link to download the fixed apk.
Thanks for sharing. but the link shared there takes to an empty folder. can u share the apk itself.
Attached Thumbnails
Treel Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) Review-jk-treel.jpg  

Old 7th August 2023, 13:22   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaviCar View Post
Thanks for sharing. but the link shared there takes to an empty folder. can u share the apk itself.
The latest update to the official app on the play store has fixed the bug. I received a notification about the update and I can see the app in android auto post updating. Please give the app from the play store a try.

I cannot seem to find the apk that I had downloaded earlier. I will post if I find it.
Old 8th August 2023, 12:22   #59

Hello Friends,

Does anyone know where I can Treel TPMS in Mumbai ?

Thanks in advance.

~Syed
Old 8th August 2023, 19:33   #60
BHPian

Quote:
The latest update to the official app on the play store has fixed the bug. I received a notification about the update and I can see the app in android auto post updating. Please give the app from the play store a try.

I cannot seem to find the apk that I had downloaded earlier. I will post if I find it.
I Got a version from the person I bought it. It works. I guess I had the latest version previously too, but don't want to try the latest now as it's working. (Why fix if it's not broken)

If anyone else wants the APK let me know I will host the apk for you guys.

Thanks for help Aditya.

Last edited by RaviCar : 8th August 2023 at 19:36. Reason: Grammar

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks