Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2023, 12:44   #16
BHPian

Re: Treel Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) Review

Just a note regarding the pricing.

A lot of JK Tyre Dealers are sitting on surplus stock of these TPMS sensors and with the right shop you would be able to buy the sensors x5, get these installed, and get the wheel balanced and alignment done in 3K.

I did so back in Nov 2022

Last edited by rroy92 : 4th May 2023 at 12:49.
rroy92 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th May 2023, 13:01   #17
BHPian

I have been using the Treel Tyre Pressure Monitoring System since 3 years as of date and very satisfied with it.
I had bought it at a known dealer in Navi Mumbai. He saw the “Team Bhp Member” sticker on my car and gave me a good price too Rs.4500/- with fitment and balancing included. I picked his brain with various questions that he answered patiently too.
Alignment though I declined as I get my car checked at another trusted place not far away.

One car is fitted with internal sensors and other with external sensors.
The internal one I feel is safer as compared to the external one due to:
1. Theft even though there is a locking system.
2. When placing the external sensor there is a loss of air pressure.

The Trye Pressure System has a downloadable app on the mobile phone.

If the pressure change is below or above the level pre-set by me for my car at the time of fitment the app gives alerts,notifications and reminders that a particular tyre has to be checked and keeps a record of history of the tryes of the car.

There is a colour change accordingly also seen on the app display of the tyre that has to be checked. (low/High colour change)

The fitment and entire procedure of internal placement took an hour approximately. I got the internal sensors for 5 tyres i.e. including the spare trye in the boot. The weights also had to be redone for the tryes. (Due to added weight of sensor) Negligible though.

Ever sensor has a QR code that has to be scanned after placement with Bluetooth on the mobile phone and app on at the same time. It takes a couple of minute or up to 5 in my case for two of the tryes to get identified. (All sensors have a separate code on each of the individual boxes.)

The app with Bluetooth on the phone can check the pressure approximately up to 50 meters away from the car. (My experience). I use an Android Phone.

It has been a life savior for me on many occasions on the highway. I usually drive on the highway with Bluetooth on and phone app open.
The accuracy at times +/- a couple of psi but accurate almost all times.

When I do a trye rotation every 5 thousand kms the app also has to be adjusted i.e. rotation also on the display of trye and where it is placed by tapping and dragging on the tyre to the desired place to where it has been fitted on the car.

I have used the Roger tyremate external sensor also earlier .I am very satisfied with that Product too but somehow more comfortable with this one. (Preference Subjective)

The internal battery of the sensor I was told lasts well average 5 to 6 years, lithium ion battery. TPMS sensors replacement is on an “as needed” basis – in other words, only once their batteries have expired, or other TPMS components have failed .The sensor that has failed can be replaced individually.Warranty if I remember clearly was I think one year.
ToothyPetrohead is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th May 2023, 16:14   #18
BHPian

A note to all those who are buying this on a higher price than Rs 2500 from a jktyre dealer are paying an extra price. I will try and explain the reason. The sensor available on amazon and at the dealer are the same from device standpoint and functionality but not same for reselling standpoint.

Treel sensor on Amazon - The product listed on amazon is a 4 sensor kit which is sold as a set. And warranty is covered by treel. I have added image below.

The sensor being sold at JKTyre dealer ship - This is a solo sensor which dealers are getting with every JKtyre "Smart tyre". See the image below. What the dealer is doing is that they are selling the "Smart Tyre" without its smartness to people who are not interested in a cheap tyre (added discounts as they don't want the sensor). Then delaers are selling the sensor separate. Please see the image added by the OP, the box clearly states "This sensor is to be sold only along with smart tyre, if sold separately will not be covered under warranty."

How the warranty is being supported? - There is no way for the company to tell that the sensor was installed with smart tyre or not. As long as they are selling the "Smart tyres", they can claim warranty.

Treel Sensor Kit listed on amazon
Treel Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) Review-61xtfxylorl._sl1500_.jpg

Smart Tyre Solo Sensor, it is not a kit.
Treel Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) Review-pxl_20230404_065329572.mp.jpg
ferrarirules is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 4th May 2023, 16:35   #19
Senior - BHPian

A quick point from my side regarding one major disadvantage of these Treel TPMS sensors.

In Feb 2023, I got five new tyres (Yokohama Earth1 195/60R15) for my 2010 FIAT Grande Punto. I decided to buy 5 JK Treel TPMS sensors and the tyre shop owner got 5 boxes from the nearby JK dealer.

Pairing them with the app turned out to be a hassle. Two of the sensors would not pair at all and a message flashed “already paired/scanned”.

He got new boxes from the dealer and the hit and trial resumed. It could be just bad luck for JK treel or maybe a lost sale due to an ignorant installer but I lost faith in these completely and fortunately did not get them installed.

Biggest disadvantage (dealer also told this): once these are scanned and paired with your phone app, they cant be transferred to any other account. So you cant donate these sensors to some other car in your family.

The sensors with a display are much better in this regard. Just remove the display and shift to the new car. I am using Nexdigitron external sensor based TPMS in my current car since almost one year and I am happy with their performance.

Photos attached from the brief time we spent trying to install the JK TPMS in my Punto.

Treel Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) Review-img_9883.jpeg

Treel Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) Review-img_9886.jpeg

Treel Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) Review-img_9885.jpeg
PaddleShifter is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th May 2023, 18:22   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
Biggest disadvantage (dealer also told this): once these are scanned and paired with your phone app, they cant be transferred to any other account. So you cant donate these sensors to some other car in your family.
So, I don't have treel sensors but just wanted to understand more and installed the 'Smart Tyre Car and Bike' app, which is what I am assuming is JKs app for this purpose. The faq in the app shows this:

So there may be a way to transfer the ownership of the sensors.
Attached Thumbnails
Treel Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) Review-screenshot_20230504_181906_smarttyre-car-bike.jpg  

deep_bang is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 06:23   #21

I would like to add something useful as I just got these installed for 450/- each in Delhi.
Depending on your rim design and how the hole for air valve is cut, if there is a leak from the valve itself when you inflate the tyre, the tyre guy might have overtightened the outside stem. This causes the sealing rubber on the inside to deform and not sit straight thus causing a leak. The key is to tighten the outer stem as long as the inner rubber sits flush.

In my case I had to manually install all the sensors in my Etios Liva's stock rims as the mechanic didn't like me telling him how to do it. He was even proposing your valve is broken and we need to install another washer.
tez_padhye is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 08:37   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post

Question: Does the system re-learn the tyre positions (front rear left right) when you do a tyre rotation? Always wondered that in TPMS systems.
Simply inflate / deflate the tires by a few PSI and you will know which tyre sensor is where. Happens with me every time my car goes for servicing and tyre rotation is done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityaprasoon View Post

Attachment 2446395
You can see the current readings on the Android Auto too.

Is this through Android Auto or the app is installed on the Android stereo?

I read somewhere it needs a BT adaptor to be detected by android stereos directly
bravo82in is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 09:23   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo82in View Post
Is this through Android Auto or the app is installed on the Android stereo?

I read somewhere it needs a BT adaptor to be detected by android stereos directly
You need to install Smart Tyre Car & Bike app in your Android phone. The app becomes available in Android Auto
ferrarirules is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 11:11   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarirules View Post
You need to install Smart Tyre Car & Bike app in your Android phone. The app becomes available in Android Auto
Thanks a ton for the prompt reply. 🙏🏻🙏🏻
Just wanted to know, Will it work if we install the app on android stereo directly?
I use iPhone and car play doesn’t work well with these android stereos hence little chance of using android auto or car play.
Old 5th May 2023, 11:20   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo82in View Post
Thanks a ton for the prompt reply. 🙏🏻🙏🏻
Just wanted to know, Will it work if we install the app on android stereo directly?
I use iPhone and car play doesn’t work well with these android stereos hence little chance of using android auto or car play.
Oh! i got your question now, you are asking for Andriod based HUs. I think it should let you install the app but i have no experience of the same.
Old 5th May 2023, 11:30   #26
BHPian

For folks who have got it in Bangalore, I have a quote of Rs900+100 (fitment)=1000 per sensor from a nearby jk dealer - is that a fair price to pay in Bangalore? He also says balancing will not be needed which came as a surprise to me.

I see folks in Hyderabad and North getting it at around Rs 500 per sensor but am not sure what's the price range in Bangalore.
Old 5th May 2023, 15:04   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
... He also says balancing will not be needed which came as a surprise to me.
It is a unbalanced weight attached to the wheel. Balancing should definitely be done. This is just my view. Would appreciate opinions from experienced members.
In my case, all 5 wheels needed changes to the balance weights.
rroy92 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 17:26   #28
BHPian

Anyone using these sensors on tyres filled with Nitrogen? Curious to know whether nitrogen filled tyres indeed have less fluctuations in heat and air pressure?
Old 5th May 2023, 22:57   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soarersc300 View Post
Anyone using these sensors on tyres filled with Nitrogen? Curious to know whether nitrogen filled tyres indeed have less fluctuations in heat and air pressure?
Not much of a difference. However there is no way to check if the Nitrogen filled is pure enough.
bravo82in is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 23:06   #30

The TPMS works great, but the sensors are available for a cheaper price in local stores - JK authorized dealers when compared to online.
I have recently got them installed on my car and the link to the post is here (Treel (by JK Tyres) launches internal TPMS sensors with Bluetooth)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks