Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2009, 12:55   #691
Senior - BHPian

@ The Saint: The header and strut braces for the Front and Rear are in my Car. I am just not getting the time to get them fixed, Will get it done soon and post the results soon.
Old 6th August 2009, 13:01   #692
BHPian

Which one in the pic for the header will fit in the civic (the single one through out of the one which has single head with 4 and the exit), you bought the strut bar to fix for what, I mean for handling or bottoming down, in a rush as I am planning to drive down to delhi and want to order all of this from Thailand on the net, the shipment will take atleast 10 days to reach me.
Old 6th August 2009, 13:15   #693
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
Which one in the pic for the header will fit in the civic (the single one through out of the one which has single head with 4 and the exit), you bought the strut bar to fix for what, I mean for handling or bottoming down, in a rush as I am planning to drive down to delhi and want to order all of this from Thailand on the net, the shipment will take atleast 10 days to reach me.
The single one will fit, The exhaust manifold is integrated inside the cylinder head. Its basically not a header but a Pipe to eliminate the front Cat.

The strut will not help solve the bottoming out issue, For that you need Shocks or springs. This will improve handling.
Old 6th August 2009, 14:33   #694
Senior - BHPian

You'll need an O2 CEL eliminator if you remove the cat.
Old 6th August 2009, 14:52   #695
Senior - BHPian

Nope not required.Tested it on my car.
Old 6th August 2009, 16:39   #696
BHPian

Thanks guys,

M4- Header will give more power, fuel efficeincy or what? IMprove handling means more stablity on corners etc. please enlighten.

You mean the below one will fit. You bought it from India, if yes then how much, I see you from Delhi maybe you can help when I am there?

Btw- Navpreet how are you, how is the header doing on your car mate?

Thanks guys,

M4- Header will give more power, fuel efficeincy or what? IMprove handling means more stablity on corners etc. please enlighten.

You mean the below one will fit. You bought it from India, if yes then how much, I see you from Delhi maybe you can help when I am there?

Btw- Navpreet how are you, how is the header doing on your car mate? by the way im back on stock rims and will never buy lenso in my life (cheats)

Name:  header1800ccb.gif
Views: 2511
Size:  130.1 KB
Old 6th August 2009, 16:51   #697
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
Thanks guys,

Btw- Navpreet how are you, how is the header doing on your car mate?

Thanks guys,
It should lead to an increase an Power, Though I cant gaurantee anything, FE wont increase thats for sure. Struts will help reduce Body Roll and Flex. which will inturn lead to better handling.
Old 6th August 2009, 23:26   #698
Senior - BHPian

I'm good.the car's doing good too .the only problem with the header is that it doesn't pass the emissions check by a slight margin.
Thats the sole reason of my concern and thats the reason i removed it.So i'm using a full cat back exhaust system along with the stock CAT CON pipe.

my car's running beautifully.17 inchers in the city and 15's when i'm out of the city.I keep it that way and its a pleasure to drive and to look at too.
Old 7th August 2009, 07:05   #699
Senior - BHPian

It's such a sad situation. Two stroke autos cause so much pollution, but nobody gives a damn.

How was the noise with the full race header + exhaust system installed?
Old 7th August 2009, 09:56   #700
Senior - BHPian

Well the noise was surprisingly not bad at all.It was slightly more than that with the stock system.Maybe its because of the silent yet free flow exhaust that i got made.I was particular that it should be as silent as possible yet being free flowing.Its a compromise but i'm happy.

and the sound with the header was different no doubt but it wasn't that loud.Though i would have loved that sound.It became more bassy than the present exhaust sound that my car has and mind it that it too is quite bassy.not the typical honda sound.

Well about the pollution ,i'd like to do my bit.i changed the full exhaust on my superbike and it cleared the emissions test.but this didn't.seems like honda is hugely relying on the cat con to clear the air.
Old 7th August 2009, 12:33   #701

Hi Guys

Here's a pic of my civic with 17's and a K&N Typhoon Kit. I have been hesitant to do more stuff on this since its my daily driver.

Have any of you guys used Koni sport or FSD? Any suggestions for Coilover's?

Also, anybody aware of someone who arranges EBC or Hawk brake pads and Powerslot rotors.

Look forward to some feedback.

Regards

Shyam
Attached Thumbnails
Modded Honda Civics-img_1887.jpg  

Old 7th August 2009, 13:58   #702
BHPian

Navpreet, so you suggest a full system with the exhaust means full Free flow to be installed if I need to feel the actual gain? what is the gain like, do you feel the difference or its hardly any, also will it be worth doing it on a automatic though u have a paddle shift.

Have you done anything to your suspension like the coild springs etc etc.

Guys, someone needs to sort my low beam high watt bulb issue, still no solution to it, I dont want HID kit, want a yellow halogen bulb suggestion.

Cheers..
Old 7th August 2009, 13:59   #703
Senior - BHPian

Well get in contact with m4ugr8.he's getting some more work done in his civic.He's the one stop person for all you civic related queries.
Old 7th August 2009, 14:00   #704
BHPian

Shymmag- Contact Viper who is a member here, he has D2 coil over full sports suspension which is Value for money and he has others as well, choice will be yours at the end of the day, he can get the brakes done for u as well...

Last edited by The Saint : 7th August 2009 at 14:07.
Old 7th August 2009, 14:03   #705
BHPian

m4u- I am driving down to delhi on 29th August with my baby, can you let me know your whereabouts in Delhi and if we can catch up for a while. I would love to see your baby too and suggestions for improvement on some stuff.

Btw do you have a solution for the low beam headlight so that I can install and see the highway better on my way to Delhi??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks